Final List...FINALLY! Need some help going from 8 to 1!

Thank you all so much! Appearently, I waited a bit too long to ask. :lol: I posted before I went to sleep on [name]Monday[/name] night and on [name]Tuesday[/name] morning I was admitted and induced due to low amniotic fluid. Thankfully, our daughter is healthy and despite being born 5 weeks early was even able to come home when I was released yesterday. :smiley:

We narrowed it down to four names after she was born. [name]Astoria[/name], [name]Sylvia[/name], [name]Carolina[/name] and [name]Violet[/name]. All of them with the mn [name]Justine[/name]. Over her first day, we got it down to [name]Sylvia[/name] or [name]Carolina[/name]. Finally, when she was two days old we felt like one of them just ‘fit her perfectly’. So…I am so thankful to you all for the help you have given me this entire pregnancy and happy to share with all of you our daughter’s name:

[name]Carolina[/name] [name]Justine[/name] ( [name]Carolina[/name] pronounced just like the state)

THANKS AGAIN NAMEBERRIES! You guys rock!

Congratulations, love her name!

rollo

Great name! Then again, I’m the mother of a [name]Carolina[/name] (pronounced like the designer) so I’m a bit biased. What nn will you use?

We still aren’t sure. [name]Do[/name] you use a nn? If so, which one(s)? Any nn suggestions?

We are using ‘[name]Lina[/name]’ right now because her big brother (who is a toddler himself) calls her that (because her full name is a bit much for him at this point). :mrgreen:

I am sort of partial to [name]Carly[/name] myself however, dh is not a big fan. I know we will hit upon the right one…eventually. :lol:

[We still aren’t sure. [name]Do[/name] you use a nn? If so, which one(s)? Any nn suggestions?

We are using ‘[name]Lina[/name]’ right now because her big brother (who is a toddler himself) calls her that (because her full name is a bit much for him at this point). :mrgreen:

I am sort of partial to [name]Carly[/name] myself however, dh is not a big fan. I know we will hit upon the right one…eventually. :lol:[/quote]

We’re an English-Spanish bilingual household, so she’s [name]Carrie[/name] in English and [name]Caro[/name] in Spanish. I also love [name]Callie[/name] as a nn for [name]Carolina[/name]/[name]Caroline[/name]. [name]Lina[/name] is a great nn when the name is pronounced like the states.

Congratulations! I love your choice of [name]Carolina[/name] [name]Justine[/name]!!! What a classy & beautiful name!! [name]Cara[/name] is another nice nn option to add to your list of possiblilities.

As a [name]Caroline[/name] I absolutely hated it when people called me “[name]Carol[/name]”, I fully applaud the suggestion of [name]Carly[/name] and [name]Cara[/name], I wouldn’t want to be called [name]Lina[/name] though.

Other nn’s are

Caz/[name]Cas[/name]
[name]Carrie[/name]
[name]Carys[/name]

best wishes,

rollo :slight_smile:

Congratulations on the birth of [name]Carolina[/name] [name]Justine[/name]! What a beautiful name, and I’m glad to hear she is healthy and home already! I like the nn of [name]Cara[/name]. :slight_smile:

[name]Astoria[/name] [name]Justine[/name]- nn [name]Story[/name] - No! I really hate this. Sorry. All I can think about is that NYC neighborhood.

[name]Sylvia[/name] [name]Justine[/name]- nn [name]Sylvie[/name] - Cute!

[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Justine[/name]- nn [name]LIza[/name] or [name]Ellie[/name]…not sure on the nn for this one, any suggestions as to cute unique nn for this one? - [name]Love[/name]! I prefer the nn [name]Ellie[/name].

[name]Carolina[/name] [name]Justine[/name]- nn [name]Carly[/name] or ??? would [name]LOVE[/name] suggestions for nn’s on this one! - I prefer [name]Caroline[/name] - you may have pronunciation issues with [name]Carolina[/name] (it’ll be either cahr-oh-[name]LEE[/name]-nuh or cair-oh-LYE-nuh). The nn [name]Carly[/name] is fine. Why not [name]Carrie[/name]? I think that’s so cute!

[name]Piper[/name] [name]Justine[/name]- nn [name]Pippy[/name] or ?? What about [name]Philippa[/name] nn [name]Pippa[/name], [name]Piper[/name]? Classic and trendy at the same time!

[name]Tatum[/name] [name]Justine[/name]- nn-??? NEED suggestions for nn’s - [name]Tatum[/name] always sounded very masculine to me. Not crazy about this. A common nn is [name]Tate[/name].

[name]Shiloh[/name] [name]Justine[/name]- nn [name]Shia[/name] or Shi - Please no! I really, honestly, hate the name [name]Shiloh[/name] for girls. It’s so masculine to me - it was used for boys first - and it would seem like you were copying Brangelina. It’s quite unoriginal now, honestly.

[name]Violet[/name] [name]Justine[/name]- nn suggestions VERY [name]WELCOME[/name] as I am not sold on [name]Vi[/name] or [name]Lettie[/name] (the only two I can think of) - I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Violet[/name]! Use this one!

I love that you’re using [name]Justine[/name], which is a recent crush of mine.

[name]Astoria[/name] [name]Justine[/name]- nn [name]Story[/name] – Quite an unexpected fan of this one.

[name]Sylvia[/name] [name]Justine[/name]- nn [name]Sylvie[/name] – Okay, I don’t love it though.

[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Justine[/name]- nn [name]LIza[/name] or [name]Ellie[/name] – Maybe you could go with [name]Elizabeth[/name] nn [name]Eliza[/name]? I love [name]Eliza[/name] but its not my favourite on your list.

[name]Carolina[/name] [name]Justine[/name]- nn [name]Carly[/name] or ??? – I’ve heard of using [name]Lola[/name] for [name]Caroline[/name], so you could just as well do it for [name]Carolina[/name] I suppose. And depending on if you’re saying Care-o-leen-a or Care-o-line-a your nicknames could change a little. If its [name]Carolina[/name] like the state, maybe a fun and unusual option would be the nn [name]Blue[/name]?

[name]Piper[/name] [name]Justine[/name]- nn [name]Pippy[/name] or ?? – I don’t care much for [name]Piper[/name].

[name]Tatum[/name] [name]Justine[/name]- nn-??? – Underwhelming [name]IMO[/name] compared to the others

[name]Shiloh[/name] [name]Justine[/name]- nn [name]Shia[/name] or Shi – See [name]Tatum[/name]

[name]Violet[/name] [name]Justine[/name]- – Nice but again, not as good as some of the others.