Final list for final weeks - please help!

On the homestretch and would love final input.

Whittled the list to four:

[name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Imogen[/name_f]
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f] (had [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] for [name_u]Romy[/name_u] but it’s not as pretty, imo, in [name_m]Oz[/name_m]/UK - pronounced Rosemree. I love [name_f]Rose[/name_f]-[name_f]Mary[/name_f] but that spelling too fussy, I’d say!)

Last name: 2 syllable T…lowe

([name_f]Harriet[/name_f] in third b/c tend not to like last letter running into same first of last name - here T.)

NN possibilities:
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Posie[/name_f]/[name_f]Posy[/name_f]/[name_f]Posey[/name_f] (?) - husband not into last spelling as thinks reminds people that a poseur name!
[name_u]Josie[/name_u]
Sephie

[name_f]Imogen[/name_f]
[name_f]Immy[/name_f]
Im
[name_f]Imo[/name_f]

[name_f]Harriet[/name_f]
[name_u]Harri[/name_u]
[name_f]Hattie[/name_f]
Harryo

[name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosie[/name_f]
[name_u]Romy[/name_u]

MN possibilities (one or two of)
[name_u]Eloise[/name_u]* - would like in there as not using my last name but not attached
[name_f]Anne[/name_f]*
[name_u]Winter[/name_u]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Mary[/name_f]
[name_f]Catherine[/name_f]*
(Had [name_f]Blythe[/name_f] on earlier list)

*family names

Any feedback on faves, fave NN and fave MN super appreciated!

Thank you!

Thanks a-s! Definitely get the [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] concern - it goes v well with last name, cool NNs but it’s a closed name to say, besides its potential medico imagery!

Great list!

I like [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] and [name_f]Rose[/name_f] the best from you first name list

[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u]

[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] is the only real combo I like from the middle name list

:slight_smile:

I like [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] best! [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f] or [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u] are nice. I’m not an expert in two middles but [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] is pretty. I know it’s not included anymore, but I love [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]! [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] or [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] [name_f]Anne[/name_f] [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] are so gorgeous. [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] is really cute too.

[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] is pretty. [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u] is gorgeous if you’re open to other longer forms of [name_f]Rose[/name_f].

Really, I had no idea! Interesting.

I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f]. [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] is really nice.

[name_f]Rose[/name_f] and [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] are my favorites.

[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] or [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u] or [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] [name_u]Winter[/name_u]. Nickname: [name_f]Posy[/name_f]! So cute
I also love [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]! I would reconsider it if I were you.

Thanks for help and encouragement so far! Really making it easier. Only tricky idea is throwing [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] back in. [name_m]Just[/name_m] don’t like Rosemree. Wish it were the [name_u]North[/name_u] American context in this situation where syllables generally all used! :wink:

I adore the name [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] and threw it out when we were thinking of baby names, but it was squashed by my husband. He pointed out, correctly, that this name is seldom heard in the US and would often be pronounced as “ima-jean” rather than “ima-jen”. So no little [name_f]Immy[/name_f] for us. :frowning:

[name_f]Imogen[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f] is lovely!

I also like [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] nn [name_f]Hattie[/name_f] :slight_smile:

Top:
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u] nn [name_u]Josie[/name_u] or [name_f]Posie[/name_f]
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] nn [name_f]Hattie[/name_f] (just love [name_f]Hattie[/name_f]!) or [name_u]Harri[/name_u]

Also As a [name_u]Brit[/name_u] although I would automatically pronounce [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] as [name_f]Rose[/name_f]-Mree I would not find it strange to hear it as [name_f]Rose[/name_f]- [name_f]Mary[/name_f] it just depends on whether you would be happy to correct, and I usually find people will pronounce a name as you tell them ( my name is often mispronounced on first attempt!)

if you don’t mind two middle names you could go with [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_u]Eloise[/name_u], that way you could still call her [name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f] while she could also go by simply Rosr + you get to use [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] as a honor name. love nn [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] by the way! good luck on making a decision :slight_smile:

I love [name_f]Josephine[/name_f], but I don’t know your concerns with popularity. Cause [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] is definitely getting very popular. So for you, I’d have to go with [name_f]Rose[/name_f]!

I like all the names but I love [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and [name_f]Josephine[/name_f].

*[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u]
*[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f]
*[name_f]Josephine[/name_f]/[name_f]Rose[/name_f] [name_f]Blythe[/name_f]
*[name_f]Imogen[/name_f] [name_u]Eloise[/name_u]
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f]

*favourites

i like [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] because I adore [name_f]Immy[/name_f]. But the others are all nice too. I actually think [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] sounds good with your last name despite the T’s. She’s the only one that doesn’t repeat the O sound in your last name, so something to consider. And I love [name_f]Hattie[/name_f].

I’m wondering.if there’s an n in your last name in that blank… Could make [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] and [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] flow less smoothly.

And fwiw, I adore [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] and think of she’ll be called [name_u]Romy[/name_u] most of the time, does it matter so much? However if it bothers you, [name_f]Rose[/name_f] + an M middle name works to get to [name_u]Romy[/name_u].

Good luck!

[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] is my favorite from your list. I would vote for [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_u]Eloise[/name_u], [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] or [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Iris[/name_f].

I’d also second the suggestion of [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]/[name_f]Rosalia[/name_f] and add my own: [name_f]Anneliese[/name_f]. =]

Thanks everyone for the advice - lots of useful suggestions and good ideas for us to now decide!