Final Name Decision

Another vote for [name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f], it is gorgeous!

[name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] is adorable, and [name_f]Etta[/name_f] is such a sweet nickname!

[name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] or [name_f]Mae[/name_f] [name_f]Winifred[/name_f]!

[name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] is a much stronger first name with many different nickname possibilities ([name_f]Etta[/name_f], [name_f]Hennie[/name_f], [name_f]Hettie[/name_f], [name_f]Hattie[/name_f], [name_m]Henri[/name_m], etc.) that she could define for herself as she grows. [name_f]Mae[/name_f] would really only be [name_f]Mae[/name_f] (or [name_u]Anne[/name_u] of [name_u]Green[/name_u] Gables’ [name_f]Minnie[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]) by first name only, but [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] is so sweet.

Either pick would be amazing!

You just can’t go wrong with those names, they’re all gorgeous! Would you consider maybe just waiting to see what “feels right” when she’s here?

If not, I vote for [name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] so that you can have two of your favorites!

[name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] ‘[name_f]Etta[/name_f]’ [name_f]Mae[/name_f], for sure.

[name_f]Etta[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] is so pretty and pleasant to say, and I think it’ll suit her as she gets older, too.
[name_f]Rose[/name_f] isn’t a bad middle name, but it’s absurdly overused at this point - almost every little girl born in the past few years has ‘[name_f]Rose[/name_f]’ or ‘[name_f]Grace[/name_f]’ as a middle name. I prefer [name_f]Mae[/name_f] as a middle name - it flows well, and it offsets [name_f]Etta[/name_f] perfectly.

[name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] gets my vote. There’s a lot more flexibility with the longer first name, depending on who she grows up to be and her personal preference. She could also go by her middle, or you could use it as a pet name. Calling her [name_f]Etta[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] would be sweet. I don’t see nearly as many options with the first name [name_f]Mae[/name_f], although it’s cute.

[name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] “[name_f]Etta[/name_f]” [name_f]Mae[/name_f]! I think it sounds spunky and sassy and beautiful. [name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] is so elegant, [name_f]Etta[/name_f] makes it more friendly, and [name_f]Mae[/name_f] is the perfect touch.

[name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] “[name_f]Etta[/name_f]” [name_f]Rose[/name_f]: [name_f]Rose[/name_f] just doesn’t do it for me. [name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] just sounds so much nicer, haha. Wish I had a better explanation.

[name_f]Mae[/name_f] [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] and [name_f]Mae[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]: I love [name_f]Mae[/name_f], but [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] and [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] are just “harsher” names to me. Both beautiful, but have a bit of a harder sound if that makes sense.

I just love [name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]!!

I love [name_f]Mae[/name_f] [name_f]Winifred[/name_f]! Two of my favorite names. All of your combos are nice though.

[name_f]Mae[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] <3 so lovely. [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] is a fantastic, sophisticated, and timeless name imo. And [name_f]Mae[/name_f] is equally beautiful and classic as a first name.

I think [name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] or [name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] have the best potential for flexibility as she ages. She could go by [name_f]Etta[/name_f], her middle name, or her full first name depending on her personal preference. I could picture [name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] as a lawyer, teacher, nurse, or any number of other career choices. It conveys a air of sophistication and professionalism. It hits the perfect balance between a feminine, classy name and being a name that ages well into adulthood.

[name_f]Mae[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] gets my vote! I think its beautiful and a timeless classic

[name_f]My[/name_f] vote goes to [name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f].

I really love the name [name_f]May[/name_f]. I think it’s beautiful but I don’t like the spelling [name_f]Mae[/name_f]. I think [name_f]May[/name_f] [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] would have been lovely if it was an option.

[name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] has too many R sounds and I’m not particularly keen on [name_f]Josephine[/name_f].

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]!

I vote [name_f]Mae[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]!

[name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] with [name_f]Etta[/name_f] as a nickname is cute too! But [name_f]Mae[/name_f] to me seems more livable.

[name_f]Mae[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] so pretty & elegant :purple_heart:

[name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] “[name_f]Etta[/name_f]” [name_f]Mae[/name_f] and [name_f]Mae[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] are my top choices!
I think [name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] is beautiful and more unheard of, it’s a little clunky but in a cool way, and [name_f]Etta[/name_f] makes it sweet and spunky! I also love the idea of nn Henrie for something a lil more tomboyish! But I also love [name_f]Mae[/name_f] as a first name as it’s usually relegated to the middle spot (even on my own list lol) and I absolutely adore [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]. I love them both, it’s hard to choose between them but if I had to, I think I’d choose [name_f]Mae[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]! I really love the flow and it’s absolutely darling!

I really like [name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] “[name_f]Etta[/name_f]” [name_f]Rose[/name_f]! No particular reason I just like the sound.

Hello! [name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] is an absolute classic gem of a name, so my vote would definitely lie with [name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]!

[name_f]Lovely[/name_f] choices!

Thank you SO much for all of your responses!

Based on your feedback, we have narrowed it down to [name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] “[name_f]Etta[/name_f]” [name_f]Mae[/name_f] and [name_f]Mae[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]

We will see which one fits her best when we meet her! This was a huge help!

8 Likes

I love [name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] and [name_f]Mae[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]. Whichever you choose will be brilliant!

I am slightly in the [name_f]Henrietta[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] camp more because I love a good long name with lots of [name_u]Nick[/name_u] name potential … [name_f]Henny[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]… [name_f]Etta[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] !

Congratulations!