Final poll- which middle name?

See the results of this poll: Which middle name?

Respondents: 56 (This poll is closed)

• Finola Faye : 7 (13%)
  • Finola Bea : 9 (16%)
  • Finola Ruth : 9 (16%)
  • Finola Wren: 31 (55%)

I like [name]Finola[/name] [name]Wren[/name] (the combo crackles with a vibrant energy). Second choice would be [name]Finola[/name] [name]Ruth[/name].

I don’t love [name]Ruth[/name] as a name, but it has the best flow with [name]Finola[/name], so that’s what I voted for. As far as the Grecian name thing, I don’t think that many people would really pick up on it, and if your daughter asks about it, you can just say that it makes her unique among her sisters.

I don’t like alliterative names, so [name]Finola[/name] [name]Faye[/name] is out for me.

[name]Finola[/name] [name]Bea[/name] -I prefer [name]Beatrice[/name] to [name]Bea[/name], both for the sound, although the flow of the name is better with a short middle.

[name]Finola[/name] [name]Ruth[/name] -very pretty. [name]Both[/name] [name]Finola[/name] and [name]Ruth[/name] are underused. [name]Ruth[/name] has a nice meaning and the flow fo [name]Finola[/name] [name]Ruth[/name] is good too.

[name]Finola[/name] [name]Wren[/name] -very cute. I like the sound & flow, but my favourite is [name]Finola[/name] [name]Ruth[/name] since it seems more meaningful to me.

[name]Finola[/name] [name]Wren[/name]! Great combo [name]IMO[/name]!:slight_smile:

[name]Ruth[/name] 100%. I am probably biased towards this name but I also feel like If you give your child a more unusual name that you should equal it out with a classic one so if one day they want to go by that or just because it seems more balanced to me. Vice [name]Versa[/name] if you give your child a more classic first name you can spice it up with a more unusual name (if you wanted).

I did really like [name]Finola[/name] [name]Faye[/name]…a lot…but it may be too much alliteration. Sigh. [name]Finola[/name] [name]Wren[/name] is amazingly gorgeous as well though. I did not like the other two options one bit though. [name]Faye[/name] and [name]Wren[/name] were both big winners for me! <3

In my opinion, [name]Wren[/name] is the winner by FAR.

[name]Bea[/name] seems a little weird since it’s not really a name.
[name]Faye[/name] is a pretty name, but I don’t like it with [name]Finola[/name] very much. Although it is my second choice of your options. i don’t have a problem with the alliteration, I just don’t think it sounds great.
[name]Ruth[/name] is also, fine, but not great.

[name]Finola[/name] [name]Wren[/name] is gorgeous!

I love [name]Finola[/name] [name]Bea[/name]! I adore [name]Wren[/name], and I was tempted to vote for it, but [name]Finola[/name] [name]Bea[/name] just seems a bit more whimsical, which I love. I think [name]Finola[/name] and [name]Wren[/name] could be intriguing for sisters in the future, though. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

Thanks for all the responses.

I think [name]Faye[/name] is out for us, then. We were iffy on alliteration in general; just this combo which caught my eye. [name]Don[/name]'t want to choose anything which could sound ‘silly’ or sing song…

[name]Bea[/name] and [name]Wren[/name] have been the favourites with the family- very interesting to see how much approval [name]Wren[/name] is getting.

ash, its exactly the whimsy of [name]Finola[/name] [name]Bea[/name] which I love. My other girls have the middle names [name]Juno[/name] and [name]Hermione[/name] though, so [name]Bea[/name] might be a little too insubstantial by comparison. It was my favourite, at a basic instinct level though…tricky!
[name]Wren[/name] and [name]Finola[/name] would make beautiful names for sisters, however this will definitely be the last baby (Hubby is getting the snip!)

I take the point about using a more usual name with an unusual one, and we talked about this with all our kids, but have taken the line that a, unusual names are more accepted these days, and b, there are always more kid savvy nicknames to use. [name]Finola[/name] has dozens of potential there so we’ll just go with names that excite us…

[name]Finola[/name] [name]Wren[/name] is great

I like [name]Finola[/name] [name]Wren[/name] - a ‘newer’ more fanciful middle to go with a more established, meaningful name.

[name]Bea[/name] would be my second choice.

I’m torn between [name]Ruth[/name] and [name]Wren[/name]
[name]Finola[/name] [name]Ruth[/name] is solid, serious, and strong. [name]Ruth[/name] is an underused classic.
[name]Finola[/name] [name]Wren[/name] is more whimsical and fun. [name]Wren[/name] offsets the seriousness of [name]Finola[/name]
Seeing the other girls’ names, I think [name]Juno[/name], [name]Hermione[/name] & [name]Wren[/name] go well together

[name]Finola[/name] [name]Bea[/name] is just too…I don’t know. It blends together to Finolabee. [name]Wren[/name] is both whimsical and serious. [name]Bea[/name] is just silly (sorry, I hate to say that)

I voted for [name]Bea[/name], although as you can see from my signature, I have a bias. But [name]Finola[/name] [name]Bea[/name] sounds a little spicier to me than [name]Finola[/name] [name]Ruth[/name] or [name]Finola[/name] [name]Wren[/name]. I like [name]Ruth[/name] a lot, but I don’t think that it adds much to [name]Finola[/name], if that makes sense. And [name]Wren[/name] is a little too nouveau/modern for me. I have a friend whose baby is [name]Wren[/name], and it suits her, but with [name]Finola[/name], it doesn’t sound right to me. So, my first choice would be [name]Finola[/name] [name]Bea[/name], then [name]Finola[/name] [name]Ruth[/name], then (big gap) [name]Finola[/name] [name]Wren[/name].

They’re all nice names, though, so your little girl will be well-named regardless.