Final three & seeking opinions

We have finally narrowed down our incredibly large list of names to a solid short list of three. We aren’t really talking about names with family or friends, so name forums have been our saving grace for an honest outsiders input. I would love to hear what you prefer, or if you have any suggestions on middle names. (They are no where near set in stone).

[name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f]
[name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]

Oh, our last name is Irish, one syllable and starts with an S.

I love [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] on a little Irish lady!

[name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] feels a touch eccentric to me, and unfamiliar on my tongue when I say it out loud.

[name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] - beautiful and musical sounding. [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] is such an underused middle that really shines here. I love the nature meaning. Have you considered [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f]? I know they both end in ‘A’, but [name_f]Isla[/name_f] is quite short and [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] quite long so its works better than something like [name_f]Alyssa[/name_f] [name_f]Natasha[/name_f] or [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Tara[/name_f], for example.

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] - makes me smile! I like the book-ending ‘V’ sounds, and all the vowels look beautiful written. I also like how [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] is close to [name_f]Mauve[/name_f], and therefore makes for a colourful name! [name_f]Violet[/name_f] would really work for you, I think, because it has the stylish ‘O’ and ‘V’ found in [name_f]Olive[/name_f], and the long capital ‘I’ sound found [name_f]Isla[/name_f].

Swoon! Such beautiful names! I like [name_f]Olive[/name_f] and [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] but I don’t think they work together. Two trees in one name seems a little odd [name_f]IMO[/name_f]. [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] is GORGEOUS. [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] is a great name too, but I think [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] wins for me.

[name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] - Adorable, with a great flow. Out of your three combos, this one wins for me.
[name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] - Very lovely, but I probably wouldn’t use two tree names together.
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] - I like the idea of [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] with an Irish surname, but I don’t like how the two names together start and end in a “v” sound.

[name_m]Ah[/name_m]! I cannot even begin to tell you how much each of your responses are helping.

Anyagreenwich - I agree with you immensely about [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] being perfect for a wee Irish. I never considered that [name_f]Violet[/name_f] has the I and the O that I like from [name_f]Isla[/name_f] and [name_f]Olive[/name_f]. That is an excellent mention, and I thank you for it. To be honest, I struggled a bit to pair [name_f]Violet[/name_f] with a middle name. I do like [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f], which is my middle name, but it doesn’t quite do it for me. Incorporating an Irish name would mean a lot to my Mother in [name_m]Law[/name_m], as we named both of our sons after my Hebrew heritage. I don’t love a lot of Irish names, and [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] was pretty much the only one I came across that I liked enough to consider in a middle name slot.

I did briefly consider [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f], but the double A tripped me up a bit. I agree it’s a lovely combination, but I’m not sure it’s my best option, phonetically speaking. About [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] - [name_f]Isla[/name_f] is my husband’s choice. I like it okay, but I prefer [name_f]Olive[/name_f] and [name_f]Violet[/name_f]. [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] is my guilty pleasure name, so by pairing it with [name_f]Isla[/name_f], it did make me a little more inclined to choose [name_f]Isla[/name_f], for my husband’s sake.

Leighmiller - I feel you on the double tree names! I didn’t think of it at first, but then my sister pointed it out and it’s bugging me a bit… What would you pair [name_f]Olive[/name_f] with? I am loving on [name_f]Olive[/name_f] a lot right now. I was thinking [name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f], but the OJ initial issue crossed my mind.

Maimouse - I hadn’t considered the double V sounds in [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f], but I can definitely see what you’re saying here. What would you pair [name_f]Violet[/name_f] with, given creative freedom?

Double post.

[name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f]: Both of these are pretty for a middle name
[name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f]: I prefer [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] it’s more girly. [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] is pretty too.
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]: [name_f]Violet[/name_f] is ok. I wouldn’t use [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] it’s getting overused.
I’d suggest [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] :heart:

I am LOVING [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f].

I agree about the v’s in [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]. [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]?

I really like [name_f]Olive[/name_f] too and I actually really love the sound of [name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f], but I see people’s point with the double trees… I don’t quite like [name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] as much as [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]. [name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]? [name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]?

Actually, I love [name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]! I don’t think the OJ initials matter, especially since it wouldn’t be her first and last initials.

[name_f]Olive[/name_f] is a tough one to pair with but [name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_f]Marguerite[/name_f] comes to mind. I think a longer name beginning with a consonant would probably sound best, and honestly I think [name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] sounds beautiful.

I really like [name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] and don’t mind the double tree thing. I don’t see it as an issue. I doubt people are going to walk around calling her ‘[name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f]’ right? I think it is a truly stunning name.

I also am loving [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f]. I adore [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] and paired with such a short yet sophisticated first name really brings out it’s whimsy! I think it is the winner in my opinion but honestly all 3 of your options are lovely. [name_f]Violet[/name_f] is my least favorite but still a fine name.

Ooo! I’ve got one more idea. It might be a little out there but I love the sound of it: [name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_u]Penrose[/name_u].

My favorite is [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]. Very pretty.

I love [name_f]Isla[/name_f] - maybe [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]?

With a 1 syllable surname, a 1 syllable first or middle name might make it sound abrupt. I’m not a fan of [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] anyway.

[name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] is beautiful. What about [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f]?

For Irish names, I love [name_f]Fiona[/name_f]. [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] would be gorgeous.

[name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] is adorable!

I like [name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] and [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] best of your choices. [name_f]Isla[/name_f] is overused now imo, lovely though it is.

[name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] is probably best in terms of flow - I think a longer mn works best with a 2-syllable first and your short surname. I’m not personally hugely keen on [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] but I like that it’s a more unusual choice, only problem is that with [name_f]Olive[/name_f] that makes not only 2 botanicals but also 2 colour names!

I actually think that the two v’s in [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] work well, and it’s nice that [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] has the Irish connection. But I still think a longer mn might work better.

[name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_f]Olive[/name_f]/[name_f]Violet[/name_f]:
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Calista[/name_f]
[name_f]Emilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
[name_f]Annabelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Antonia[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanora[/name_f]
[name_f]Isadora[/name_f]
[name_f]Isolde[/name_f]
[name_f]Ianthe[/name_f]
[name_f]Raphaelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
[name_f]Pandora[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucia[/name_f]
[name_f]Rowena[/name_f]
[name_f]Saskia[/name_f]

All three names are gorgeous!

But for me [name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] just has this magnetic pull. [name_f]Olive[/name_f] is so spunky she has this energetic vibrant sound but is still tailored. [name_f]Olive[/name_f] feels fresh whereas even though [name_f]Isla[/name_f] & [name_f]Violet[/name_f] are lovely names they feel expected compared to [name_f]Olive[/name_f]. [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] is a lovely southern sounding gem. She’s charming and sounds so gorgeous teamed [name_f]Olive[/name_f]. [name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] is beautiful.

However whichever name you go for will honestly be lovely : )

i think isla primrose has too many s for a last name starting with s. it would end up being pretty sibilant imho.

i like olive and violet, they sound like sisters to me. i would save one of them for a future child maybe?

how about:

olive magdalena
olive roisin
violet madeline
violet fiona

olive roisin and violet fiona!

I am most drawn to [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f]. That being said, the other two are lovely as well. I personally don’t put much thought into initials since I have found that they are never used, so [name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] does not bother me at all. However, if an Irish name means that much to your [name_f]MIL[/name_f], I think [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Meave[/name_f] works well, despite the double V. The V in [name_f]Violet[/name_f] is at the start, so it does not feel parallel with [name_f]Maeve[/name_f], even though something like [name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] does.

Such lovely options! [name_f]Violet[/name_f] & [name_f]Olive[/name_f] are my top choices for the little girl we are currently TTC. I love both names equally and may use them as sisters someday.

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] is very pretty, although [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] is not my style. And I do agree that [name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] is a little much, just because I try not to put two noun names together. [name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] is GORGEOUS (and is actually on my list as potential [name_f]Olive[/name_f] combos). I like [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Primrose[/name_f], but [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and [name_f]Olive[/name_f] are so stunning.

DH and I keep bringing [name_f]Coraline[/name_f] into the fold: [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Coraline[/name_f] or [name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_f]Coraline[/name_f].