Final Three Showdown: Registration Friday! Comments Welcome!

See the results of this poll: Final Three Showdown

Respondents: 76 (This poll is closed)

• Laura Hunt: 11 (14%)
  • Sophia Hunt: 33 (43%)
  • Genevieve Hunt: 32 (42%)

[name]Genevieve[/name]: I really want to like this name, but I always think of the dog from the children series [name]Madeline[/name].
[name]Sophia[/name]: I love this name so much. I don’t care how popular it is, I love it. I also love [name]Sophie[/name] as a nickname, or on its own.
[name]Laura[/name]: I like this name. It’s classic, pretty, and substantial.
[name]Tabitha[/name]: This name has grown on me a lot. And I really like the nickname [name]Tibby[/name].
[name]Serafina[/name]: I think this is pretty, but a lot of name. But I do love the nickname [name]Sera[/name] (like [name]Sarah[/name]).
Mairenn: I’m just lost on the spelling… It’s so over complicated to me. [name]Just[/name] stick with [name]Maren[/name], and that is gorgeous.

My top 3:
[name]Sophia[/name]
[name]Tabitha[/name]
[name]Maren[/name] (spelled this way)

Good luck!

Thank you, RachelMarie, I really appreciate your feedback, esp. re : [name]Sophia[/name] & [name]Maren[/name].

[name]Genevieve[/name]: I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]! It’s one of my favorite names.

[name]Sophia[/name]: It’s very pretty, but way too popular for me. I see a lot of Sophias around…

[name]Laura[/name]: Nice name, but it feels kind of dated.

[name]Tabitha[/name]: I really like [name]Tabitha[/name]! [name]Tibby[/name] is a cute nickname.

[name]Serafina[/name]: I love [name]Serafina[/name], too, and nicknames [name]Sera[/name] and [name]Fina[/name].

Mairenn: I think it’d be too much of a hassle in an English speaking place. What about the anglicized version, [name]Maureen[/name]? Or [name]Maren[/name]?

IrisRose… thanks for your feedback. Isn’t [name]Genevieve[/name] a pretty name? My husband is “on board” with this name and we could easily choose it. We live in a French / English community, so half the populace will pronounce it the French way, the other English, which is a bit irritating. The only problem I have with the name is the nickname [name]Jen[/name], [name]Jenna[/name], etc. I really, really don’t want the [name]Jenni[/name] nickname applied and I don’t think as a parent you can stop that. I just know she will be called “[name]Jenni[/name]”. So [name]Genevieve[/name] is on the brink of being ruled out. Very unfortunate.

[name]Tabitha[/name] is such a pretty name, with a great history – unless you include the Bewitched series. I think a baby born today might just outrun that association, I think the series was from the 60s, so the link may be too old to be an issue for most modern playgrounds. That being said, [name]Tabby[/name] is a nickname that I wouldn’t want for my little girl!

Three of my favorite names, have what I consider ugly nicknames:

[name]Genevieve[/name] ([name]Jenni[/name])
[name]Tabitha[/name] ([name]Tabby[/name])
[name]Gabriella[/name] ([name]Gabby[/name])

Argh!

[name]Hi[/name]!

[name]Genevieve[/name] - I love this! It is so feminine and soft, yet substantial and strong. I see a confident, talented, witty young girl and a strong, determined woman. Really beautiful!

[name]Sophia[/name] - Despite its popularity, [name]Sophia[/name] is a beautiful, timeless, and elegant classic. It is feminine and sophisticated and befitting of a girl of any age. I think it is absolutely lovely!

[name]Laura[/name] - [name]Laura[/name], to me, is a timeless classic and elegant, soft name for a girl. It is no-nonsense and straightforward, and it is simple and sweet. For such a classic, it isn’t overly popular. It isn’t as feminine or ‘luxurious’ as some of your other choices, but I admire it for its simplicity and understated elegance.

[name]Tabitha[/name] - [name]Tabitha[/name] is a sweet, vintage name, but it isn’t really one of my favorites. It has a tired feel to it - slightly enhanced by its whimsical, sassy sound - and always reminds me of tabby cats…

[name]Serafina[/name] - I think I prefer the [name]Seraphina[/name] spelling, but though I adore [name]Sarah[/name], [name]Serafina[/name] feels too frilly for my taste. I don’t know if I could take a [name]Serafina[/name] seriously, and that is important, right?

Mairenn - I think [name]Maren[/name] would be better, spelling-wise, and I think this is a really chic name with a fresh, modern sound. I just worry that it is far less feminine in sound than your other choices, so I want to make sure you choose something that you really want!

So, my favorite is [name]Genevieve[/name], followed by [name]Sophia[/name] and [name]Maren[/name]!

Good luck!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

IrisRose… thanks for your feedback. Isn’t [name]Genevieve[/name] a pretty name? My husband is “on board” with this name and we could easily choose it. We live in a French / English community, so half the populace will pronounce it the French way, the other English, which is a bit irritating. The only problem I have with the name is the nickname [name]Jen[/name], [name]Jenna[/name], etc. I really, really don’t want the [name]Jenni[/name] nickname applied and I don’t think as a parent you can stop that. I just know she will be called “[name]Jenni[/name]”. So [name]Genevieve[/name] is on the brink of being ruled out. Very unfortunate.

[name]Tabitha[/name] is such a pretty name, with a great history – unless you include the Bewitched series. I think a baby born today might just outrun that association, I think the series was from the 60s, so the link may be too old to be an issue for most modern playgrounds. That being said, [name]Tabby[/name] is a nickname that I wouldn’t want for my little girl!

Three of my favorite names, have what I consider ugly nicknames:

[name]Genevieve[/name] ([name]Jenni[/name])
[name]Tabitha[/name] ([name]Tabby[/name])
[name]Gabriella[/name] ([name]Gabby[/name])

Argh![/quote]

Oh, I think [name]Genna[/name] or [name]Jennie[/name] would be sweet on a baby! I do prefer [name]Vivi[/name] or [name]Eve[/name] or even [name]Neve[/name] as a nickname, though. My sister knows a [name]Genevieve[/name] (nine years old), and as far as I know, she isn’t called [name]Jennie[/name]. Gorgeous name, though.

I don’t think Bewitched will be an association at all-- I’m in high school and I’m pretty sure most people don’t know about it, even now. Yeah, [name]Tabby[/name] is not the best nickname. I like [name]Tibby[/name], though, and I think there’s a poster with a daughter [name]Tabitha[/name] nn Bit, which is also cute.

[name]Genevieve[/name]- beautiful name. I dont think it will get shortened to [name]Jennie[/name], I’ve never known a [name]Genevieve[/name] to go by that. You could always go with [name]Eve[/name] or [name]Evie[/name], those are cute.
[name]Sophia[/name]- [name]Lovely[/name] name but so popular. Maybe it could work as a mn? [name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] or [name]Laura[/name] [name]Sophia[/name]?
[name]Laura[/name]- Sweet and classic. It doesnt have as much personality as some of the other names on your list do. However, it is beautiful and will age well. [name]Laura[/name] to me reminds me of someone who is reserved and quiet.
[name]Tabitha[/name]- I dont like this one. It sounds ugly imo. [name]Tabby[/name] reminds me of a cat. And I always think of tapioca pudding when I hear it for some reason.
[name]Serafina[/name]- This is a very pretty, almost exotic sounding name. It would need the right child to pull it off. I see a [name]Serafina[/name] as being outspoken and intelligent, as well as very beautiful.
Mairenn- This spelling seems strange to me. Why the extra letters, you reall dont need them? [name]Maren[/name] would serve the same purpose and looks a thousand times better.

Oooh! Great list! :slight_smile:

[name]Genevieve[/name]: I can’t even begin to tell you how much I love [name]Genevieve[/name]! I think it’s elegant (yet down-to-earth), and I love its vintage feel.

[name]Sophia[/name]: I think [name]Sophia[/name] is a beautiful name. Popular, but beautiful. (Then again, it may not even be popular where you are!)

[name]Laura[/name]: I love [name]Laura[/name], too! I think it’s a wonderful name: timeless, classic, feminine, sweet, and warm. Plus, it makes me think of [name]Laura[/name] Ingalls [name]Wilder[/name], which, to me, is a great thing!

[name]Tabitha[/name]: I love [name]Tabitha[/name]!

[name]Serafina[/name]: I think it’s very pretty…

Mairenn: I think it’s a great name. Yes, there may be some spelling and pronunciation issues, but I still like it a lot. I love [name]Maren[/name], too, and every [name]Maren[/name] I’ve known has been wonderful.

If I can only choose one favorite, I’ll go with [name]Genevieve[/name], because it’s one of my favorites, but I think they’re all great.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name] when pronounced “zhahn-vee-EV”!!!

[name]Sophia[/name] is very pretty.

I like [name]Laura[/name]. Definitely prefer it to [name]Lauren[/name]

[name]Tabitha[/name] is very cute!

[name]Seraphine[/name]/[name]Seraphina[/name] I really like and think are very very pretty

Mairenn - pretty, but confused by spelling

Favorites are [name]Genevieve[/name] (zhahn-vee-EV) and [name]Seraphine[/name]

[name]Genevieve[/name] - [name]Love[/name], w/ nn [name]Eve[/name] or [name]Evie[/name]
[name]Sophia[/name] - Like. But, [name]Sophia[/name] is this generation’s [name]Jennifer[/name].
[name]Laura[/name] - This is what we named our own baby! An underused classic. She will likely be the only [name]Laura[/name] in a classful of [name]Ella[/name], Lilys, [name]Lilas[/name] and Lucys. On the other hand, she may share her name with some of her classmates’ moms :slight_smile:
[name]Tabitha[/name] - Cute
[name]Serafina[/name] - It’s okay, but I personally could never use a name used by a celebrity for their baby. At least [name]Serafina[/name] is a bona fide name in its own right, though.
Mairenn - don’t care for. [name]Don[/name]'t mind [name]Marin[/name] or [name]Mara[/name] though.

[name]Genevieve[/name] is a great name as long as youre not Eastern Eurpean - [name]Genowefa[/name] doesn’t sound nearly as nice and it’s a pesant name which has been made fun of in my country for years.

In the order which I like them:

[name]Laura[/name] - classic, beautiful, lovely
[name]Tabitha[/name] - kicky, fun, different without being trendy or yoo-neek
[name]Sophia[/name] - a bit popular at the moment, but pretty
[name]Genevieve[/name] - a lot of name, sounds like a pet
[name]Serafina[/name] - sounds like copying the Afflecks
Mairenn - I don’t know what this is

You have a lot of great feedback, but I thought I’d chime in since I really like your list!

[name]Genevieve[/name]- absolutely love this name. some think it is a bit frilly but that’s why I love it! it has so many great nicknames ([name]Gen[/name]/[name]Genny[/name], [name]Ginny[/name], Vee, [name]Vivi[/name], [name]Evie[/name], etc).
[name]Sophia[/name]- another beautiful name. personally it has become too popular for me but if you love it then go for it.
[name]Laura[/name]- I’ve really warmed up to the name [name]Laura[/name] and could see it coming back into style. it’s a bit dated but a great solid name for a little girl.
[name]Tabitha[/name]- another name i love. very cute with great nicknames!
[name]Serafina[/name]- probably my least favorite on your list. not sure why I don’t like it. i have trouble visualizing it on an adult.
Mairenn- unsure about this… is it just a respelling of [name]Maren[/name]? if so i do like [name]Maren[/name] and love that it means “sea”.

I love your list some great names.

[name]Genevieve[/name]- love this name, its a family name and on our list too but also dislike the nn [name]Jennie[/name] and [name]Jen[/name]. However love the nn [name]Evie[/name] from this and if your daughter introduces herself as [name]Genevieve[/name] or [name]Evie[/name] etc. that is what people will call her.

[name]Sophia[/name]- I very popular name, like it but don’t love it.

[name]Laura[/name]- I love it - this is actually my name and I love being a [name]Laura[/name]. Think it is beautiful classic name, also blends in with a lot of the ‘in’ names without being overused.

[name]Tabitha[/name]- I love the old lady chic feel to this name but again don’t like the nn and can’t think of an alternative to [name]Tabby[/name].

[name]Serafina[/name]- I don’t dislike it, just a bit too frilly for my taste.

Mairenn - Probably my least favourite on your list, but can’t explain why?

My votes go to [name]Genevieve[/name] or [name]Laura[/name]!

I thought of a good nn for [name]Tabitha[/name] - [name]Beth[/name]. Some might say [name]Beth[/name] is dated but I [name]LOVE[/name] it.

I like the following, with [name]Genevieve[/name] or Mairenn as a mn.
[name]Sophia[/name]
[name]Laura[/name]
[name]Tabitha[/name]
[name]Serafina[/name]

[name]Love[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name], [name]Laura[/name], and [name]Tabitha[/name] (in that order). And I second the idea of [name]Viv[/name] or [name]Vivie[/name] as a nn for [name]Genevieve[/name]!

[name]Genevieve[/name]- I think it’s lovely and I like the nickname possibilities.
[name]Sophia[/name]- pretty
[name]Tabitha[/name]- This name has really grown on me but I don’t care for the nicknames.
[name]Serafina[/name]- very feminine
[name]Laura[/name]- A nice classic name that you don’t hear being used much.
Mairenn- Pretty, but I prefer the simpler spelling.
All of the names are pretty, but my favorites are the first and the last on your list.

Wow! What fabulous feedback. I thought I had narrowed down to “[name]Anna[/name] [name]Sophia[/name]” today. We have had [name]Sophia[/name] from before our daughter was born, but was unable to commit due to popularity.

Any feedback on [name]Anna[/name] [name]Sophia[/name]? Our last name is one syllable, very strong.

[name]Laura[/name] – really warming to [name]Laura[/name], but it is a bit dull when teamed with our last name. Not the end of the world, just a tad bit ho-hum and quiet.

[name]Genevieve[/name] – we both like this name, but my sister’s name is [name]Jennifer[/name] and I really don’t get along with her. I would not want to honour my sister by naming our daughter [name]Genevieve[/name]. BTW – my sister hasn’t even acknowledged my baby’s birth / sent a card. I love the name, as long as it isn’t associated with [name]Jennifer[/name]. I am worried that there is an association, which makes me quite sad. Otherwise, a lovely name.