Final two for the boy name...what works best w/siblings?

See the results of this poll: Which of these final 2 works best with sibling names?

Respondents: 32 (This poll is closed)

• Asher Malcolm W***: 15 (47%)
  • Alec Ronan W***: 17 (53%)

I think they’re both incredibly handsome names - great taste! If I had to choose, I’d say that [name]Alec[/name] works best with your other children’s names, which are multi-cultural, a little quirky, slightly retro. I have to admit I’m a little biased, because [name]Ronan[/name] is one of my favourite names as well - I think in your case it’s also the perfect mix of “[name]Ryan[/name]” and “[name]Sloan[/name]”.

But, you definitely can’t lose either way! Good luck with the decision and the delivery :slight_smile:

Awww! Thanks, punkprincessphd. You’re really smart so you made me feel proud of me!

Best-
[name]Tara[/name]

[name]Tara[/name],

I’m going to choose [name]Alec[/name] [name]Ronan[/name]! [name]Even[/name] though I think [name]Asher[/name] is very sweet and handsome, [name]Alec[/name] has a rugged, sophisticated, spunky feel and playful, strong sound that really compliments his siblings’ names, especially [name]Leo[/name]! I see [name]Leo[/name] and [name]Alec[/name] as brothers, and I like a bit of a stronger name - I consider [name]Alec[/name] to be strong because of its harsher sounds (K) - with the very feminine choices you have used for your girls - all lovely, by the way!

Great choice, and [name]Ronan[/name] is super-cool in the middle!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

Hurrah!

Thanks, lemon!
I’m feeling better and better about these names!

Best-
[name]Tara[/name]

My vote is for [name]Alec[/name] [name]Ronan[/name], too. I love [name]Leo[/name] and [name]Alec[/name] as brothers - both are very handsome and polished.

And, by the way, I really love [name]Mia[/name] [name]Sloane[/name]. I’ll try not to steal it :slight_smile:

Thank you, ahappyrobot!

I’m so glad you like [name]Mia[/name]'s name! Steal away…I don’t mind :wink:

Best-
[name]Tara[/name]

Thank you, ahappyrobot!

I’m so glad you like [name]Mia[/name]'s name! Steal away…I don’t mind :wink:

Best-
[name]Tara[/name][/quote]
You could easily get away with either name. [name]Alec[/name] is just a smidge better in the set.

Yes, I think we’re leaning toward [name]Alec[/name] [name]Ronan[/name]. We’ll probably wait to meet him, though.

Best-
[name]Tara[/name]

I voted for the name [name]Asher[/name] [name]Malcom[/name] because I love the name [name]Asher[/name] but when I saw the sibling names I think the first name [name]Alec[/name] goes better… It rounds off a very unique classic set of names with a similarly styled and fresh name. And since you already have 2 kids with middle name beginning in M and only one in R maybe [name]Ronan[/name] fits better too.

[name]Juliette[/name] [name]Maura[/name] W***
[name]Bella[/name] [name]Ryan[/name] W***
[name]Mia[/name] [name]Sloane[/name] W***
[name]Leo[/name] [name]Magnus[/name] W***

Another vote for [name]Alec[/name]. I think it’s great with [name]Leo[/name] because they both have that playful could-be-a-nickname feel to them, while they are both decidedly full formal names in their own right.

Another vote for [name]Alec[/name] [name]Ronan[/name]! What a handsome name for your son, and it goes so well with your other children’s names!

Another vote for [name]Alec[/name] [name]Ronan[/name]! What a handsome name for your son, and it goes so well with your other children’s names![/quote]

Great!
Thanks for your reply, kymsma!

[name]Tara[/name]

hoping for more votes, please

[name]Alec[/name] [name]Ronan[/name]! I love both names but I do like [name]Alec[/name] more and I think it goes best with your other children’s names. I like that it has the A and L sounds that your other children’s names have (except for [name]Mia[/name] but don’t [name]Alec[/name] and [name]Mia[/name] sound so good together?) And like another poster mentionned, I like that [name]Ronan[/name] will make 2 middle names that start with R instead of [name]Malcolm[/name] which would make 3 middle names starting with M. Maybe that’s overthinking it but that’s how I work. Plus [name]Asher[/name] just has an initial harsh sound that doesn’t go with everyone else’s names. So [name]Alec[/name] [name]Ronan[/name] gets my solid vote. Good luck!

Fantastic! That is exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for! Thanks so much for putting so much thought into the choices, jlyn2723 :slight_smile:

[name]Tara[/name]

[name]Hi[/name], [name]Tara[/name]. :slight_smile: Here’s one more vote for [name]Alec[/name] [name]Ronan[/name]! (Stay strong and walk it off, [name]Asher[/name] [name]Malcolm[/name]—you’re handsome, too!)

I voted for [name]Alec[/name] over [name]Asher[/name] because while I can see [name]Asher[/name] with [name]Leo[/name] (I hope he knows how awesome his name is…), I have a harder time seeing [name]Asher[/name] with [name]Bella[/name], [name]Mia[/name], and [name]Juliette[/name] (such pretty names). Not a hard time, just a harder time than I have seeing [name]Asher[/name] with [name]Leo[/name].

[name]Alec[/name], on the other hand, I can easily see with [name]Leo[/name] AND your girls’ names.

Also, I know a young [name]Alec[/name], and he’s everything I hope for in a son: kind, smart, generous, well behaved, funny, etc. He’s just an all-around great kid!

I’m really happy that you were able to find two names you love!
:slight_smile:

Good luck!

Thanks, jill!
I think that [name]Alec[/name] [name]Ronan[/name] is a great name with the other kid’ names too!
We had tossed that name around when I was knocked up with [name]Leo[/name]. I remembered the combination a couple of days ago and mentioned it to hubby who immediately green lighted it.
We have another month before we find out the gender…I’m dying!
I’ll let you all know if it will be [name]Alec[/name] [name]Ronan[/name] or [name]Norah[/name] [name]Brigid[/name].
I so appreciate all of your suggestions, input and advice. You’ve always managed to be so positive

What great bunch of ladies we have on Nameberry!

Best-
[name]Tara[/name]