Final two names - vote please!

See the results of this poll: Which one is your favourite?

Respondents: 43 (This poll is closed)

• Marlowe Elizabeth: 35 (81%)
  • Irelyn Elizabeth: 8 (19%)

I voted for [name]Marlowe[/name], because I think it is a really cute name and love the nn [name]Marly[/name]. I think Irelyn goes with your other kids names better, but I really like [name]Marlowe[/name]. Irelyn is a beautiful name too. Have you thought of nn for Irelyn? [name]Just[/name] curious.

See that you’ve been seeking feedback through several different postings and really feel like you must have a strong gut instinct… yet you seem to really want to confirm this through others. Could be completely wrong, though? [name]Both[/name] names are lovely, and from your other postings, [name]Ivy[/name] is also very nice. [name]Do[/name] like Irelyn, but seems from all your polls that this name doesn’t get any votes. Saw that you dropped [name]Ivy[/name] out of the running, too… If you’re looking for what others would like, then [name]Ivy[/name] was definitely preferred with [name]Marlowe[/name] in 2nd. Once [name]Ivy[/name] was removed, people still gravitated toward [name]Marlowe[/name] vs. Irelyn. So [name]Marlowe[/name] it should be! However, I personally believe all that matters is for you to love the name - so my advice is to go with your gut! Otherwise, it’s all of these conflicting opinions/polls which will make you sleepless! :slight_smile: Good luck!

I think Irelyn is too close to [name]Ellery[/name]…my brain got confused when I was saying them together.

Not too worried about nn - I don’t really use them. [name]Oliver[/name] just gets his full name [name]Oliver[/name] [name]James[/name] and [name]Ellery[/name] usually gets [name]Missy[/name] [name]Mae[/name] [name]Mae[/name] (She is [name]Ellery[/name] [name]Mae[/name]) from me. daddy calls her [name]Elle[/name] though. So the nn is really just something Fun I like to do when playing around - I never use them in public - Make sense!?!? Irelyn I think I’d call her “I -lee” or “I-lee bette” using her middle name.

We are just looking for outside opinions. We tell no one - not friends or family so we sometimes feel too close to the names and wonder what others think of our choices. Yes I do know that I have to love it - but want a name that the outside world thinks is beautiful too - you know! I took [name]Ivy[/name] off, because we really decided that we don’t like that name even though others do. We really are stuck with the other two. [name]Love[/name] that [name]Marlowe[/name] is soooo unique like [name]Ellery[/name], but wonder if “she” will feel that she has the less pretty name. That’s the biggest fear with this name. Irelyn we feel is just as pretty and that it is a Vowel, and that it looks better with [name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Ellery[/name], but we “like” [name]Marlowe[/name] better. So we feel [name]Marlowe[/name] is our pick, but are/were hoping that people would change our minds and fall in love with Irelyn that would give us the last little nudge to go with it - because bottom line we like that one too. I know I should just go with my gut, but at the moment my gut is looking for other guts to help it out! ;O)

Irelyn [name]Elizabeth[/name] is Beatiful. It flows with your other children better.

Not too worried about nn - I don’t really use them. [name]Oliver[/name] just gets his full name [name]Oliver[/name] [name]James[/name] and [name]Ellery[/name] usually gets [name]Missy[/name] [name]Mae[/name] [name]Mae[/name] (She is [name]Ellery[/name] [name]Mae[/name]) from me. daddy calls her [name]Elle[/name] though. So the nn is really just something Fun I like to do when playing around - I never use them in public - Make sense!?!? Irelyn I think I’d call her “I -lee” or “I-lee bette” using her middle name.[/quote]

I know what you mean, my son’s name is [name]Easton[/name], and we don’t have a nn for him. My mom keeps trying to come up with a nn, and can’t understand why we don’t have one for him. I think there are so many great names out there, nn aren’t always needed. Good luck in your name search!

For me, both [name]Oliver[/name] [name]James[/name] and [name]Ellery[/name] [name]Mae[/name] are already matching, in the fact that 1) they are both vowel names, 2) they both have three syllables, and 3) they both have one syllable middle names. I know I’ve posted about this before, but it seems incongruent to me to choose one of the names you have in the poll because they don’t fit this description. Thus, I would go with this name for your third child:

Irelyn [name]Beth[/name] or Irelyn [name]Bess[/name] (or Irelyn [name]Jane[/name] or Irelyn [name]Cate[/name])

I voted for [name]Marlowe[/name], because Irelyn feels very trendy and invented to me (like a misspelling of [name]Ireland[/name]), and I see the word “ire,” which means “anger.”

I think that [name]Marlowe[/name] is spot on with [name]Ellery[/name]'s feel, and works well with [name]Oliver[/name], too.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

A double vote for [name]Marlowe[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name], I think you will find that this combo will stand the test of time, Irelyn is no match at all and the overwhelming majority of nameberrites agree.

I don’t really like either too much. [name]Marlowe[/name] is very masculine and feels mismatched next to [name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Ellery[/name] which both start with vowels and have three syllables. Irelyn seems made up, like [name]Lemon[/name] noted. Also as mentioned by others, the middle name is too long, and although I am a huge fan of [name]Elizabeth[/name] (obviously, haha!) I don’t feel like it goes with either of your picks nor your two other children’s names.

I’m not a fan of themes but you have one going so I think it is strange to veer away from it now. Are there no other vowel names you like, preferably with three syllables and is a little more feminine than [name]Marlowe[/name]?

You may not like any of these but…
[name]Alexa[/name]? [name]Alexis[/name]? [name]Alanna[/name]? [name]Imogen[/name]? [name]Iona[/name]? [name]Irina[/name]? [name]Eliza[/name]? [name]Odessa[/name]?