Final Two

DH and I have narrowed down our name list to [name]Clara[/name] and [name]Lillian[/name]. We may wait to “meet” her before making the final decision, but I want to have middle names for each choice decided before she arrives. I’m really struggling to find a mn combo that I love. Here are the front runners right now:

[name]Clara[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Clara[/name] [name]Naomi[/name]

[name]Lillian[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Lillian[/name] [name]Rebecca[/name]

Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks in advance for your help!

[name]Hi[/name]! Congrats! I just posted about how the similar [name]Lily[/name] and [name]Clara[/name] are two of my top picks : D. Small world and your girl will have a great name out of any of these!

I mildly prefer [name]Clara[/name] [name]Naomi[/name] and [name]Lillian[/name] [name]Kate[/name]. [name]Both[/name] [name]Clara[/name] combos are solid but I think the 2-3 rhythm of C.N. is nicer than the 2-4 of C.E. It’s also just a little more unexpected, and I think [name]Naomi[/name] is such a beautiful name. BUT they are both lovely so you really should go with what feels best for you. (My top contendor is currently [name]Clara[/name] [name]Iris[/name] FYI - in the off chance you love it, take it! : D).

[name]Lillian[/name] [name]Kate[/name] just feels punchier and cooler if that’s what you like more (at this moment, it is for me) - but I usually think of [name]Kate[/name] as more of a nn than a full name, so I have some preference for [name]Lillian[/name] [name]Rebecca[/name] in that regard. I know I’m in the minority on that view of [name]Kate[/name] though. [name]Lillian[/name] [name]Rebecca[/name] is very prim and laced-up to my ear: which is cool it its own way. Sort of Victorian, almost : D. For [name]Lily[/name] I like [name]Lily[/name] [name]Vera[/name], so if you like [name]Lillian[/name] [name]Vera[/name] (which I think has better rhythm than [name]Lily[/name] [name]Vera[/name], but my husband won’t budge on preferring [name]Lily[/name] over [name]Lillian[/name]), feel free to borrow. Ashthedreamer, another poster on here, once suggested [name]Lily[/name] [name]Serena[/name], which is beautiful and got a really great response, so if [name]Lillian[/name] [name]Serena[/name] works for you that’s another option.

Good luck!

[name]Clara[/name] [name]Naomi[/name] is just stunning! And I love [name]Lillian[/name] [name]Kate[/name].

I actually prefer [name]Clara[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]. And I love the combination of [name]Lillian[/name] [name]Kate[/name].
Good luck :slight_smile:

I also prefer [name]Clara[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Lillian[/name] [name]Kate[/name].

I prefer [name]Clara[/name] [name]Naomi[/name] and [name]Lillian[/name] [name]Kate[/name], but all 4 choices are nice. Good luck!

I like [name]Clara[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Lillian[/name] [name]Rebecca[/name]. [name]Both[/name] are gorgeous! I think [name]Lillian[/name] [name]Kate[/name] is lovely too.

Favorites are [name]Clara[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Lillian[/name] [name]Kate[/name], though I prefer [name]Lillian[/name] [name]Kate[/name] :)!!!

I absolutely love [name]Clara[/name] and [name]Lillian[/name]! I like [name]Clara[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] from your [name]Clara[/name] combos (never been a [name]Naomi[/name] fan, personally, but I do like how it’s less expected than [name]Elizabeth[/name], and [name]Clara[/name] [name]Naomi[/name] does look nice together… that makes me think of other “N” names–I think [name]Clara[/name] [name]Natalie[/name] or [name]Clara[/name] [name]Noelle[/name] would be pretty, as well. I’ve always liked [name]Clara[/name] [name]Felicity[/name], [name]Clara[/name] [name]Iris[/name], [name]Clara[/name] [name]Imogen[/name], and [name]Clara[/name] [name]Vivienne[/name]–maybe some of those would appeal?

From your [name]Lillian[/name] combos, I’m a bit torn. I love [name]Rebecca[/name] as a MN–she’s so underused and [name]Lillian[/name] [name]Rebecca[/name] sounds great. But I love [name]Kate[/name] as a MN, and [name]Lillian[/name] [name]Kate[/name] sounds so classic. I think I’m so torn because [name]Kate[/name] and [name]Rebecca[/name] are both family names for me, lol, and since I’m thinking about adding [name]Lillian[/name] to my list, I keep trying to decide who I’d rather honor, lol. I think I like [name]Lillian[/name] [name]Rebecca[/name] more, although they’re both a bit classic for me–I would probably look at something like [name]Lillian[/name] [name]Grace[/name], [name]Lillian[/name] [name]Sophie[/name], [name]Lillian[/name] [name]Claire[/name]/[name]Clara[/name], [name]Lillian[/name] [name]Josephine[/name], [name]Lillian[/name] [name]Tess[/name], etc.

Good luck!

[name]Clara[/name] [name]Naomi[/name] is fabulous! I love it! Definitely prefer it to [name]Clara[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]. [name]Both[/name] of the [name]Lillian[/name] combos are great, but I think I like [name]Lillian[/name] [name]Kate[/name] more. :slight_smile:

Thanks so much for the input! I think I’m leaning toward the [name]Clara[/name] [name]Naomi[/name] (I like that it’s a little more unexpected) and [name]Lillian[/name] [name]Kate[/name]. jesba, I love [name]Iris[/name] – but DH already vetoed it.

Thanks again!

[name]Both[/name] are stunning!!! I prefer [name]Clara[/name] [name]Naomi[/name] out of the bunch but [name]Lillian[/name] [name]Kate[/name] is stunning as well!

I love [name]Clara[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Clara[/name] [name]Naomi[/name], I think I sliiiiightly prefer [name]Clara[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name].

[name]Love[/name] [name]Clara[/name] [name]Naomi[/name], it is the most distinctive of all the choices. I like [name]Lillian[/name] [name]Rebecca[/name] of those two choices but [name]Lillian[/name] almost always gets shortened to [name]Lily[/name] which isn’t a bad name just rather popular. [name]Clara[/name] stays [name]Clara[/name].

[name]Lillian[/name] [name]Kate[/name] gets my vote!

My favourites for each are [name]Clara[/name] [name]Naomi[/name] and [name]Lillian[/name] [name]Kate[/name].

[name]Naomi[/name] is beautiful and unexpected with [name]Clara[/name]. I find I have to pause between saying [name]Clara[/name] and [name]Elizabeth[/name], whereas [name]Clara[/name] [name]Naomi[/name] flows beautifully.

I like both [name]Lillian[/name] [name]Kate[/name] and [name]Lillian[/name] [name]Rebecca[/name], and I think the length of your surname could play a part in the choice since [name]Lillian[/name] [name]Kate[/name] would be better with a long surname and Lillilan [name]Rebecca[/name] better with a 1 syllable surname. At a push though, I slightly prefer [name]Lillian[/name] [name]Kate[/name] as it feels a little more current and fresh.

Between [name]Clara[/name] [name]Naomi[/name] and [name]Lillian[/name] [name]Kate[/name] I prefer [name]Clara[/name] [name]Naomi[/name], although both are gorgeous. [name]Clara[/name] is just so lovely and vintage and not at all overused. While [name]Lillian[/name] is gorgeous too, it’s slightly tainted by the number of [name]Lily[/name]'s, [name]Liliana[/name]'s, [name]Lilia[/name]'s etc.

Good luck with your [name]Clara[/name]/[name]Lillian[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Clara[/name] is my little girl so I love it! [name]Clara[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] or [name]Lillian[/name] [name]Kate[/name].

What about [name]Clara[/name] [name]Lillian[/name]? I think that sounds great!