Finalists: Catherine London vs Catherine Jane

See the results of this poll: Finalists: Catherine London vs Catherine Jane

Respondents: 101 (This poll is closed)

• Catherine London (nn Kit) : 28 (28%)
  • Catherine Jane (nn Kit or Katie Jane): 73 (72%)

[name]Katie[/name] [name]Jane[/name]!

[name]Catherine[/name] [name]Jane[/name] is super classic, whereas [name]London[/name] is definatey a trendy choice.

Not sure on [name]Kit[/name]- but I do like [name]Kitty[/name] or [name]Cat[/name]. (or [name]Kit[/name] [name]Cat[/name] even cuter?)

I love love love [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Jane[/name]!

[name]Said[/name] out loud, (I used [name]Brown[/name] and [name]Hunter[/name] as last names) I like [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Jane[/name] better. I also like your nn much better than [name]Cathy[/name]!

You just brought a smile to my face! I love [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Jane[/name] as well (nn [name]Kit[/name], [name]Kitty[/name] cat, [name]Katie[/name] [name]Jane[/name]). [name]How[/name] cute are those nicknames and then she could go by [name]Kit[/name] or [name]Catherine[/name] when she grows up! I never thought of [name]London[/name] as being trendy. I did learn yesterday that [name]Michael[/name] [name]Vick[/name] has a child named [name]London[/name], so perhaps it is trendy. That is not the feel of I was going for with a brother named [name]Stanton[/name] [name]Benedict[/name] which is not at all trendy.

[name]Catherine[/name] [name]Jane[/name] nn [name]Kit[/name] gets my vote! It’s a great combo of the majestically classic and the sweetly vintage. It also has wonderful literary depth and history. Place names are very trendy and [name]London[/name] is one of the most popular choices in this genre.

I absolutely adore [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Jane[/name]! I’d still go with [name]Kit[/name] as the primary nn and [name]Katie[/name] [name]Jane[/name] as a secondary nn, though…I think I got burned out from [name]Katie[/name] because I knew so so many growing up. (The other day, I realized based on my social networking sites’ friends lists’ that I know more Katies in my age group–mid-twenties–than any other name.) Of course, if [name]Katie[/name] still feels fresh to you, that’s what matters…you want to love your daughter’s name and her nickname(s).

I have a 4-month-old [name]Catherine[/name]. We call her [name]Kate[/name] for now (who knew that getting rid of that little ‘i’ would make such a difference for me), but I think [name]Kit[/name] [name]Kat[/name] will be a fun nickname for when she’s a little older. We may end up calling her [name]Catherine[/name] primarily by the time she’s in school, or we may just use [name]Kate[/name]. It will be interesting to see how her personality forms and determines which name suits her best.

I like [name]Jane[/name] a lot better than [name]London[/name] (unless you have some personal connection to [name]London[/name]; personal connections always bump names up in my book)…and [name]Katie[/name] [name]Jane[/name] is so cute!

Also I noticed they both end with an N sound, but with [name]Jane[/name] the final vowel sound is different, whereas [name]Catherine[/name] and [name]London[/name] both end on an -in sound (at least how I pronounce them). .

[name]Jane[/name] does bring out [name]Catherine[/name] well doesn’t it. There are various cute nicknames… [name]Kit[/name], [name]Kit[/name] [name]Kat[/name], [name]Katie[/name] [name]Jane[/name]. Either [name]Kit[/name] or [name]Katie[/name] [name]Jane[/name] would work well in school if she wanted.

You said you were looking for something “regal”…I think [name]Catherine[/name] [name]London[/name] has a more ‘regal’ feel than [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Jane[/name]…although I love [name]Jane[/name] (it’s my daughter’s mn).

I had been saying [name]Catherine[/name] [name]London[/name], but [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Jane[/name] is just gorgeous! I think it has the regal feel you wanted and [name]Kit[/name] is just perfect! [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Jane[/name] gets my vote!

You’re absolutely correct momof374 and dindlee, as I do want something regal, classic yet less common. Although [name]London[/name] is a family name, I love the [name]Katie[/name] [name]Jane[/name] sounds. It opens up another nn for the little girl. Additionally, my husband prefers [name]Jane[/name] over [name]London[/name] to be completely honest. I love both names which is why our list of names comes down to the following:

Girl names: [name]Catherine[/name] vs [name]Katherine[/name] (our last name begins with C)
[name]Catherine[/name] [name]London[/name]
[name]Catherine[/name] [name]Jane[/name]

Boy names:
[name]Pierce[/name] [name]Calloway[/name]
[name]Reid[/name] [name]Calloway[/name]

What are your thoughts about these final list of names with our last name pronounced “Cha-cow-ski”? The baby is due within the week and time is running out. I can’t thank you enough for your continued support and guidance!

I voted for [name]Catherine[/name] [name]London[/name]. While I prefer [name]Jane[/name] to [name]London[/name] as a name, [name]Catherine[/name] is already so classic and simple (though beautiful!) that I feel it needs something different and more exciting than steady, quiet [name]Jane[/name] to make it special… if you get what I mean?

I understand bonfireazalae where you are coming from. I do love [name]London[/name] as a middle name. It is a family name, as it has been passed down my grandmother’s side. We are related to [name]Jack[/name] [name]London[/name] and feel that it would be a gift to our little girl to continue the name. That being said, this is where [name]Jane[/name] [name]London[/name] as a first name idea came from. Someone mentioned [name]Jane[/name] as a good match with [name]London[/name] ([name]Jane[/name] [name]London[/name]). We loved that idea as well. Our choices came down to the following:

[name]Jane[/name] [name]London[/name] (fn)
[name]Catherine[/name] [name]London[/name] (fn, mn)
[name]Catherine[/name] [name]Jane[/name] (mn)
or perhaps evens … [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Jane[/name] [name]London[/name] (it’s a mouthful though)

This is where we are now. I love the name [name]Jane[/name] but I also would want to incorporate [name]London[/name] somehow in order to carry on the tradition. What ideas does someone have about this issue? Can you incorporate both names especially as my husband loves the name [name]Catherine[/name] (nn [name]Kit[/name])

My husband threw about another name that he liked. What are your thoughts about…

Girl names:
[name]Constance[/name] (nn [name]Kit[/name], mn [name]London[/name], [name]Jane[/name] or [name]Elizabeth[/name])
[name]Jane[/name] [name]London[/name] (double first name, mn [name]Elizabeth[/name])
[name]Catherine[/name] [name]Jane[/name] (nn [name]Kit[/name] or [name]Katie[/name] [name]Jane[/name])

[name]Catherine[/name] [name]Jane[/name] still gets my vote, followed by [name]Jane[/name] [name]London[/name].:slight_smile:

I do love [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Jane[/name] as well followed closely by [name]Jane[/name] [name]London[/name]. both are strong names. Should they be double first names or first and middle names?

I love [name]Jane[/name], but I just adore [name]Catherine[/name] [name]London[/name]. It’s so striking, and modern, but classic. [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Jane[/name] strikes me as almost too classic. [name]Catherine[/name] [name]London[/name] nn [name]Kit[/name]/[name]Kitty[/name] gets my vote completely! Besides, all along you’ve been stressing how [name]London[/name] is a family name you want to use, I wonder if you’d regret it if you didn’t use it?

Good luck!

ETA: If you really want all three names, [name]Catherine[/name], [name]London[/name], and [name]Jane[/name], I think I would do [name]Catherine[/name] [name]London[/name] [name]Jane[/name]. I like it a lot more than [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Jane[/name] or [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Jane[/name] [name]London[/name]. But either way, all three names are lovely together.

I prefer [name]Catherine[/name] [name]London[/name] with your last name.

Also, I like the family history that goes with it since it’s a family name. In addition, a poster above said that [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Jane[/name] almost sounded too classic while [name]Catherine[/name] [name]London[/name] is a bit whimsical. I agree.