Finally have a name! Thoughts?

After months of debating, my husband finally came around to my favorite name. Yay!

We have decided on [name_f]Flora[/name_f].
Middle name options are currently:

[name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] (because I like it!)
[name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] (named after someone special)
[name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_f]Cornelia[/name_f] (namesake, as well)
[name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_f]Philomena[/name_f] (namesake #3)

What’s your favorite combo?

Also, I noticed [name_f]Flora[/name_f] was last place in my name poll and just wanted to see why people didn’t choose her.
While I do think a longer name like [name_f]Theodora[/name_f] fits our sibset better (big sisters are Ser@fina, Be@trice & Ingr!d), I still just love this name so much!
Am I missing something?

Thanks everyone :slight_smile:

I like [name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f]. I think it fits in really nicely with her siblings.

Thank you :slight_smile:

Another vote for [name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f]. :slight_smile:

To me, it feels like your daughter’s names are spunkier have a bit more attitude than sweet [name_f]Flora[/name_f], and are more distinctive in sounds. However, that doesn’t necessarily mean that [name_f]Flora[/name_f] doesn’t go well with them, since they are all of a similar style. Plus, [name_f]Flora[/name_f] can be shortened to [name_f]Florry[/name_f]/[name_f]Flo[/name_f], which would probably go well with the nicknames of the other children (if they have any).

I also think [name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] is lovely- [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] (either spelling) is a name with a lot of history.

[name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f]- beautiful combo and I think it works with your sibset very well.

Another vote for [name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f]! Absolutely love it.

[name_f]Flora[/name_f] has been a favourite of mine for many, many years. I sometimes overlook it and go for something ‘newer’ or more snappy, but I know if I actually had a baby girl on the way, [name_f]Flora[/name_f] would be on the list. :slight_smile: I think [name_f]Flora[/name_f] goes beautifully with your sib set too.

I remember that you say that you love names with nicknames? Maybe [name_f]Florence[/name_f] nicknamed [name_f]Flora[/name_f]? But still [name_f]Flora[/name_f] is gorgeous, and I prefer it from [name_f]Theodora[/name_f]. [name_f]Theodora[/name_f] makes your sibset more royal while [name_f]Flora[/name_f] makes it more dainty…

From your combos [name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_f]Cornelia[/name_f] is my favorite.

Best of luck! :slight_smile:

I adore [name_f]Flora[/name_f] ! It is such a classic, romantic, fresh and vivid name with nature connection. And I think it goes perfectly well with your sibset.

[name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] gets my vote.

I love [name_f]Flora[/name_f]! I think it goes great with the set. [name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] is beautiful.

Thank you all very much! We are a multi-cultural, transracial family so I’ve always struggled with finding a good balance of meaning/background and cohesiveness among the bunch. But it looks like [name_f]Flora[/name_f] is a winner :slight_smile: [name_f]Glad[/name_f] you all liked [name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f], as well! It’s my front runner :slight_smile:

[name_f]Adore[/name_f] [name_f]Flora[/name_f]! So beautiful! [name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] is super sweet.

[name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] is gorgeous.

[name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] :slight_smile:

I don’t remember your poll but I think [name_f]Flora[/name_f] works perfectly to balance out the highly romantic [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] and the grounded [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f]. Great naming!

[name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] is gorgeous! It gets my vote!

I do like [name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] very much, in fact I love it, but I just love seeing [name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] written down and there is a perfection to it. If it were me, since I’m too eccentric to go with [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f], I’d probably use [name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_f]Winnifred[/name_f] because I always think the double ‘n’ looks so pretty.

[name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_f]Philomena[/name_f], I never recommend names that begin with ‘F’ and ‘Ph’ in the same sibset, let alone the same name. [name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_f]Cornelia[/name_f] … I strongly dislike the rhyming of [name_f]FLOR[/name_f] and [name_m]COR[/name_m]. I don’t care for how they both end in ‘a’ that much, either.

Congrats! I think [name_f]Flora[/name_f] is great with sisters. I like all the combos except [name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_f]Cornelia[/name_f] because of the rhyming [name_f]Flor[/name_f]- [name_m]Cor[/name_m]-. My favorite is [name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_f]Winifred[/name_f], but [name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] is really pretty, and [name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_f]Philomena[/name_f] unexpected. Good luck!

[name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_f]Elisabeth[/name_f] and [name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_f]Philomena[/name_f] would be my choices - I really like [name_f]Flora[/name_f], and think it sounds phenomenal with your other children’s names (which are gorgeous, by the way!)