Finally Have List of Girl Names!

See the results of this poll: Which one gets your vote?

Respondents: 91 (This poll is closed)

• Blair Violet : 12 (13%)
  • Isobel/Isabel Seraphine : 32 (35%)
  • Adele Ivy : 9 (10%)
  • Ivy Christine : 27 (30%)
  • Audrey Marlena: 11 (12%)

Actually, after making this poll, we have come to realize how much [name_f]Stella[/name_f] and [name_f]Adele[/name_f] sound alike. We’re going to remove that from our list of possibilities.

Does the -el sound of [name_f]Isabel[/name_f]/[name_f]Isobel[/name_f] sound too much like [name_f]Stella[/name_f]?

I like [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] the best with your other children’s names, but think [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] is wonderful too. [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Marlena[/name_f] would be beautiful, and I love that it incorporates a family name.

I love [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] [name_f]Seraphine[/name_f] - I would’ve used [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] but my niece’s name is [name_f]Ella[/name_f] - nn [name_f]Elle[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f] - and I think it is too similar

I also like [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Seraphine[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Seraphine[/name_f] is such a nice name but I would never be brave enough to use it as a first name.

My vote went to [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Seraphine[/name_f] but [name_u]Blair[/name_u] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] is also my next favorite.

I like [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Seraphine[/name_f] better then [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Christine[/name_f].

[name_u]Blair[/name_u] isn’t a name to me- its the surname of a prime minister I did not agree with, and the sound you make when you’re sick. (So sorry!)
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] is gorgeous though.
I don’t like [name_f]Christine[/name_f] (seems a little dated and there are so many lovely girl names, why pick one that’s based on a boys name?) and I think [name_f]Adele[/name_f] only works if you’re [name_m]French[/name_m].
The others are lovely though- [name_f]Audrey[/name_f]'s growing on me (especially thinking about the program Twin Peaks.)

[name_m]How[/name_m] about:
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Seraphine[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Audrey[/name_f]
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Marlena[/name_f]
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Seraphine[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Marlena[/name_f]

Or if you like ‘ine’ middle names there are loads of them if you search on here. I haven’t included any as I couldn’t initially find any that I personally like.

Oh! I forgot [name_f]Isabel[/name_f]/[name_f]Isobel[/name_f].
Anything with that sounds nice.
I like [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] best.
X

I would re-arrange the combos a little bit. I think that [name_f]Adele[/name_f] and [name_f]Isabel[/name_f]/[name_f]Isobel[/name_f] might be too close to [name_f]Stella[/name_f], especially if you used [name_f]Della[/name_f]/[name_f]Belle[/name_f]/[name_f]Bella[/name_f] as a nn. (And sometimes, it’s the friends and classmates that pick the nns, not the parents.) I really like the idea of [name_f]Seraphine[/name_f] as a mn, not just because it’s a beautiful name, but because it ties in with the sisters’ mns.

I would pick [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Seraphine[/name_f] or [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Seraphine[/name_f]. I also like [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Adele[/name_f].

[name_f]Isobel[/name_f] [name_f]Seraphine[/name_f] is gorgeous! [name_f]Adele[/name_f] [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] takes a close second. Sure, a few people might recognize the name as the singer, but the association isn’t as obnoxious, as, say [name_f]Madonna[/name_f], since the name is well-known. Plus, what’s bad about the association - the lady’s won a zillion Grammys, a [name_u]Golden[/name_u] Globe and an [name_m]Oscar[/name_m].

I voted for [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Seraphine[/name_f] but i would have gone for [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Seraphine[/name_f] if it had been up there, its gorgeous and it works so well with your stepkids’ names. I’m not a fan of [name_f]Christine[/name_f] at all, its very dated to me and [name_f]Isobel[/name_f]/[name_f]Isabel[/name_f] is quite close to [name_f]Stella[/name_f].

I voted for [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Christine[/name_f], although [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_m]Seraphim[/name_m] (as suggested above) is pretty too. [name_f]Adele[/name_f] would be my second choice. [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] and its variations seem very common to me, much more common than the names of your other children. [name_u]Blair[/name_u] seems to unisex when your other daughters have such sweet names.

I love [name_f]Adele[/name_f] [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] and [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Marlena[/name_f]. The [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] variations are too trendy right now and I’m not a fan of the names [name_f]Christine[/name_f] or [name_u]Blair[/name_u].

Thanks for the input!

[name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Seraphine[/name_f] would be my pick. I do like the idea of keeping the -ine middle for your third girl. This name would be similar (same # syllables, first and middle) yet different.

that was tough! I went with [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] [name_f]Seraphine[/name_f] but I really like [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] too. [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Seraphine[/name_f] sounds great. [name_f]Marlena[/name_f] is wonderful too

I actually don’t like [name_f]Seraphine[/name_f]. I have been seeing it all over the boards and I don’t get the appeal.
I think [name_f]Adele[/name_f] will (at least for a number of years still) have the association with the singer - that is fine right now while she continues to be a classy lady, hopefully she never has a breakdown & goes the way so many celebrities do.
And I think [name_f]Christine[/name_f] is too blah compared to your other faves.
I LIKE [name_u]Blair[/name_u]. [name_u]Blair[/name_u] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] might be my top pick (if you have second thoughts about [name_u]Blair[/name_u], maybe [name_u]Brinn[/name_u] would suit?)
I prefer [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] to [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] & think it is very pretty - I would love it paired with [name_f]Violet[/name_f] or [name_f]Marlena[/name_f]!
And [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Marlena[/name_f] is just beautiful.

[name_f]Isobel[/name_f] is one of the most beautiful names I know, if not the most beautiful! [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] [name_f]Seraphine[/name_f] might be the most perfect combo I’ve seen in a loong period of time.

I didn’t vote, as II’m very stuck between [name_f]Isobel[/name_f]/[name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Seraphine[/name_f] and and [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Milena[/name_f]. [name_m]Both[/name_m] are absolutely gorgeous.

Initally, I was going to choose [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Marlena[/name_f] (I just think [name_f]Marlena[/name_f] is cute), but after reading what you wrote about your step-children’s names and your and DH’s feelings about each combo, I changed to [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Christine[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Ivy[/name_f] sounds lovely with [name_f]Stella[/name_f], [name_f]Emma[/name_f] and [name_m]Josiah[/name_m], and I prefer [name_f]Christine[/name_f] as the more grounded middle name over [name_f]Seraphine[/name_f], though I do really like [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] (with an O!) and [name_f]Seraphine[/name_f]. I have a thing for -ine names in the middle spot either way.

If I were going to make any combo out of the names you suggested, I would do [name_f]Adele[/name_f] [name_f]Christine[/name_f] or [name_f]Adele[/name_f] [name_f]Seraphine[/name_f]. [name_f]Adele[/name_f] is a beautiful name, and I don’t think the singer can take all the credit for that. Plus, it’s not a name like [name_f]Cher[/name_f] or [name_f]Madonna[/name_f] or [name_f]Aretha[/name_f] - it’s always been in wide enough use that you wouldn’t immediately associate the two. Plus, [name_f]Adele[/name_f] shares some sounds with [name_f]Emma[/name_f] and [name_f]Stella[/name_f], and I think they go together gorgeously.

Other potential combos:

[name_f]Isobel[/name_f] [name_f]Nadine[/name_f]
[name_f]Isobel[/name_f] [name_f]Maxine[/name_f]
[name_f]Adele[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Adele[/name_f] [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]
[name_f]Adele[/name_f] [name_f]Jacqueline[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Delphine[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivy[/name_f] [name_f]Madeline[/name_f]