Finally narrowed it down to two...

After having a LOT of trouble with girls names we’ve finally narrowed it down to two:

[name]Lainey[/name] [name]Olivia[/name]

and

[name]Harper[/name] [name]Kate[/name]

Our last name is one syllable and boys names we definitely plan to use in the future are [name]Drew[/name] and [name]Nolan[/name]. Which do you think goes best with our last name and boys names, and their popularity?

I have to say [name]Lainey[/name] [name]Olivia[/name] is cute (are you going to call her [name]Lainey[/name]-Bug? :smiley: ). For the boys I’d choose [name]Drew[/name], but is it short of anything like [name]Andrew[/name] or just [name]Drew[/name]? I prefer [name]Andrew[/name] and [name]Drew[/name] is the nn.
Some other boy names I think would go great with [name]Lainey[/name] is [name]Harvey[/name] and [name]Tobias[/name] but it’s just a suggestion and I hate to cause you more greif.
Congrats and good luck!

I’d go with [name]Lainey[/name]. I think it is a great name and a good match with her potential brothers. I’ve never been a big fan of [name]Harper[/name]. I don’t find it feminine at all and it makes me think of a harpy or [name]Valerie[/name] [name]Harper[/name].

Aw [name]Lainey[/name]-bug! that is so cute! [name]Drew[/name] is actually short for “the fourth” like quaDRUple because my husbands name is [name]Trey[/name], short for “the third”. So [name]Drew[/name] is a definite for the first son.

[name]Hi[/name]!

I’m going to go against the flow and say I prefer [name]Harper[/name] to [name]Lainey[/name]. I do agree that [name]Lainey[/name] [name]Olivia[/name] is a cute combination, yes, but [name]Lainey[/name] doesn’t feel quite as substantial to me as a first name - it seems like a nickname. Now, something like [name]Madelaine[/name] [name]Olivia[/name], called “[name]Lainey[/name],” would be more along the lines of what I’d look for in a name, but that’s just my personal preference.

So, yes, I like [name]Harper[/name], but with a one-syllable last name, I’d definitely vote for [name]Harper[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] over [name]Harper[/name] [name]Kate[/name]. Nice name!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Lemon[/name]-
I like [name]Delaney[/name] as long form of [name]Lainey[/name], however if we use [name]Drew[/name] and we have a dog named [name]Delilah[/name] (which we call [name]Lyla[/name]), I dont want to get stuck in the “D” theme…plus [name]Lainey[/name] is what I would be after anyway. [name]Ive[/name] known older people named [name]Lainey[/name] so I can see it aging well, and [name]Laine[/name] or [name]Lane[/name] would always be an option as she got older. Im also a little concerned that [name]Harper[/name] is quickly climbing to double digits in popularity, and as [name]Drew[/name] and [name]Nolan[/name] clearly are boys , [name]Harper[/name] is a little more gender neutral.

Im definitly open to lengthening [name]Lainey[/name] though, I just dont really like any of the options.

I would choose [name]Lainey[/name] [name]Olivia[/name], very pretty.

All the best,

rollo

Oh, I love [name]Lainey[/name] [name]Olivia[/name]! I know another [name]Lainey[/name] (her’s is short for [name]Helaine[/name]) and I’ve always loved it!

I’m glad you like [name]Lainey[/name]- Bug and [name]Drew[/name] is a great name that is a good name for adulthood as well as childhood :smiley:

This is so hard. I cant pick the one that is best because they are both nice, but if I had to choose it would be [name]Lainey[/name] [name]Olivia[/name], because I cant pass anything that has [name]Olivia[/name] or [name]Madison[/name] in it.

I’m not a big fan of either [name]Lainey[/name] or [name]Olivia[/name]. I totally adore [name]Harper[/name] [name]Kate[/name] though! It is very cute and I think grows up well.

[name]Lainey[/name] is adorable, but I see it as more of a nickname than a full name. If I were you, I would chose a more substantial name, or even just [name]Laine[/name]. I know a girl named [name]Elaine[/name] who goes by [name]Lainey[/name].
If you can’t find a full name that you love for [name]Lainey[/name], then I would go with [name]Harper[/name]. I agree with a previous poster though, that [name]Harper[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] sounds better than [name]Harper[/name] [name]Kate[/name] with a short last name.

But either way, your daughter will have an adorable name.
Good luck!

I vote for [name]Harper[/name] [name]Kate[/name]! I think it’s so lovely :slight_smile: [name]Harper[/name] is cute and slightly tomboyish with nice literary connections and then [name]Kate[/name] is a lovely sweet classic middle name that balances it out!

I love [name]Olivia[/name], it is on my list too.
I think [name]Kate[/name] is too short to pair with a one syllable last name. [name]Do[/name] you think it is an issue that people will likely assume that [name]Lainey[/name] is a nickname for [name]Elaine[/name], etc? I knew someone with that name and she was annoyed her whole life with that.

Im not as concerned that people will assume its a nickname. The only thing I am worried about is if she wanted to be very corporate someday she would feel she had to change it. But there are certainly many other names becoming very common today that dont sound professional at all so it may not be an issue.

I think [name]Kate[/name] is out. That would mean [name]Lainey[/name] [name]Olivia[/name] or [name]Harper[/name] [name]Olivia[/name].

Maybe I will just see what she looks like…it seems to be a toss up with everyone I have asked. The general consensus is that both are good.

Also, I will be keeping an eye on how popular [name]Harper[/name] gets.

[name]Lainey[/name] [name]Olivia[/name] gets my vote. I’m honestly getting a little tired of hearing [name]Harper[/name]. It is becoming majorly popular and will likely fall out of fashion as quickly as it rose. [name]Lainey[/name] is cute and spunky and rarely heard. My sister actually had picked out the name [name]Lainey[/name] 10 years ago when her first son was born. She ended up having all boys, but every time I hear the name [name]Lainey[/name] I think about her. If you are wanting a longer form I would suggest [name]Elaina[/name]. I do think [name]Lainey[/name] can stand on its own though.