Find me a Madelief combo please!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] Berries, first things first, the good old disclaimer: not pregnant, not expecting to be pregnant any time soon, don’t have any children either.

This thread was kind of inspired by ashthedreamer’s thread on [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f] combos, because we discussed using names from different origins in one combo and she mentioned her Madelief combo and I was like… why can’t I do that despite having been familiar with the name practically my entire life.Well the thing is, I still love the name Madelief and several people on here said that it could work in an international context as well, so I’m keeping it on the list, the only bad thing is: I really can’t think of any combinations.

So basically the assignment is: please find the ultimate Madelief combo for me, put it in any spot you like, I’d prefer two middle names. I’ve always said I’d name after family members but since I see my cousins letting go of that idea I’m like why should I stick to it? I’m still thinking of incorporating names of family members though and the roots you could work with are [name_f]Nora[/name_f], [name_m]Willem[/name_m] (yes that’s Dutch for [name_m]William[/name_m]), [name_m]Franciscus[/name_m] and the very unfortunate [name_f]Marry[/name_f]. But again: it’s not mandatory!

Thanks in advance!

What about [name_f]Nora[/name_f] Madelief [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f]… of
Madelief [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]Margot[/name_f] (instead of [name_f]Marry[/name_f])

What kind of names do you like. Would you prefer more international names of Dutch names?

We can share [name_f]Eva[/name_f] Madelief if you like. :slight_smile: I’m not even sure of my combo, honestly, as [name_f]Claire[/name_f] seems to lessen the spark of Madelief for me. I’m thinking of going with a different family middle, [name_f]Eva[/name_f] Madelief [name_f]Rebecca[/name_f], instead, but it almost seems too long. I used to really love [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] Madelief, too. Madelief seems so quirky to my ears (although maybe it’s just seen as a normal Dutch name? Here, I think it’d be seen as sort of crazy!) that I always want to pair it with something more classic. I had tossed around [name_f]Eleni[/name_f] Madelief, but I thought that was a bit too crazy, lol. What about:

[name_f]Ella[/name_f] Madelief (love this quite a lot, too, although I’m partial to [name_f]Eva[/name_f]!)
[name_f]Zosia[/name_f] Madelief
[name_f]Kaja[/name_f] Madelief
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] Madelief/[name_f]Lenora[/name_f] Madelief
[name_f]Emilia[/name_f] Madelief
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] Madelief
[name_f]Zoe[/name_f] Madelief

I’m not sure, honestly! I had loved Madelief long before I considered [name_f]Eva[/name_f] Madelief, and it took me forever to even commit to that. I’m not sure what else really works? [name_f]Nora[/name_f] Madelief is pretty nice, though. I usually think in terms of one MN at a time, so I’m sure you could add something on. I think something like [name_f]Zosia[/name_f] Madelief [name_f]Liv[/name_f] or [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] Madelief [name_f]Liv[/name_f] would be pretty cool. I also like the idea of [beloved FN] Madelief [name_f]Lenore[/name_f], possibly to honor the [name_f]Nora[/name_f]? [name_f]Lenore[/name_f] is one of my favorite [name_f]Nora[/name_f] names, and I think Madelief [name_f]Lenore[/name_f] (or even [name_f]Lenore[/name_f] Madelief!) is fantastic, and lends the fantastic nn of [name_f]Lena[/name_f]. :slight_smile:

@noetje. Both really, at times I’m a sucker for Dutch names, but not necessarily the recent ‘classics’ so I don’t have like [name_f]Sanne[/name_f]/[name_f]Femke[/name_f]/[name_f]Marieke[/name_f] - you name it on my list, but for example I also think Cathelijne is pretty but if I’d go for Madelief Cathelijne which doesn’t sound too bad to be honest, I don’t like the vibes I get from the two of them together, too serious and whiny, I like a bit of spontaneity in a Dutch name. Also, since my parents called me Marjolein, I seriously struggle abroad introducing myself or ordering at Starbucks, so that’s why I mostly look for international names.

I like both combos you came up with though, they both flow beautifully in their own way and I like the names you chose individually as well!

@ashthedreamer. It does fare well paired with a classic I think in Dutch too because it’s a frilly flower name it’s a name people will have heard of but not in an ‘ugh, haven’t we heard THAT a thousand times’ kind of way.

I have considered [name_f]Ella[/name_f] Madelief but I keep having doubts about [name_f]Ella[/name_f], I so love the way [name_f]Ella[/name_f] sounds and looks but there are some things I’m afraid I can never get past like the fact that it’s literally ‘she’ in Spanish and that it’s so popular in multiple countries across the world.

I also like Madelief [name_f]Lenore[/name_f] and [name_f]Zoe[/name_f] Madelief, and [name_f]Kaja[/name_f] Madelief too actually. I love [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] but my mother might not even know how it’s pronounced xD

Anyone else?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] @honnepon,

Madelief is darling.

My suggestion?

Madelief [name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Frances[/name_f].

[name_f]Julia[/name_f] [name_f]Florence[/name_f] Madeleif
[name_f]Francesca[/name_f] Madeleif
[name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] Madelief
[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] Madelief
[name_f]Annika[/name_f] Madelief
[name_f]Willa[/name_f] [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] Madelief
Madelief [name_f]Willa[/name_f] [name_f]Celeste[/name_f]
[name_f]Leora[/name_f] Madelief
[name_f]Natalia[/name_f] Madelief
[name_f]Mary[/name_f] [name_f]Willow[/name_f] Madelief
[name_f]Florence[/name_f] [name_f]Willow[/name_f] Madelief
[name_f]Florence[/name_f] [name_f]Willa[/name_f] Madelief
[name_f]Cora[/name_f] Madelief
[name_f]Clara[/name_f] Madelief
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f] Madelief
[name_f]Norah[/name_f] Madelief [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Norah[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] Madelief
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] Madelief
[name_f]Freya[/name_f] Madelief
[name_f]Bianca[/name_f] Madelief
[name_f]Honora[/name_f] Madelief
[name_f]Annora[/name_f] Madelief
[name_f]Judith[/name_f] [name_f]Martina[/name_f] Madelief

If you don’t want a future daughter to have problems at Starbucks (I have and my name is [name_f]Noelle[/name_f]) than Madelief might not be the name to chose unless you shorten it to [name_f]Maddie[/name_f]. And trust me… I love that name.

Here is a link with the 500 most popular girl names in the Netherlands. As you can see most of them are short. Though oddly enough my name is at 188.

[name_m]How[/name_m] about:
Willemijn
Puk
Jip
[name_f]Mirthe[/name_f]
[name_f]Silke[/name_f]
[name_f]Thirza[/name_f]
[name_f]Roos[/name_f]
[name_u]Saar[/name_u]