Finding out gender in 3 days!

I’m constantly changing my mind about names that I like or that I believe I could actually imagine naming my kids. This baby will be our last and after two boys, I’ve had a LOT of girls name that we’ve considered but here’s the list I’m considering…at least as of today. I can pretty much count on the fact that I will change my mind again over the next few months :slight_smile:

Boys:

[name_m]Henry[/name_m]
[name_m]Ethan[/name_m]

Girls:

[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] nn. [name_f]Pippa[/name_f]
[name_u]Piper[/name_u] nn. [name_f]Pippa[/name_f]
[name_f]Philippa[/name_f] nn. [name_f]Pippa[/name_f]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f]
[name_f]Sonja[/name_f]
[name_f]Carys[/name_f] nn. [name_u]Cary[/name_u]
[name_f]Cadence[/name_f]
[name_f]Renee[/name_f]
[name_u]Wren[/name_u]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]

I am COMPLETELY stuck when it comes to boys names. [name_m]Ethan[/name_m] has been a name I have always loved, regardless of its popularity. The only thing is my two other boys have -in/-an endings to their first names that it might sound like a bunch of names with the same two-syllable sounds. I like [name_m]Henry[/name_m] because it’s classic and doesn’t have that same pattern. But I would love suggestions that aren’t quite as ‘classic’ or ‘common’.

For girls, I could probably come up with another 20 names that I adore. [name_u]Wren[/name_u] is a favorite of mine for the middle position - I don’t think it would work as a first with out last name. [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] is a nickname my DH loves, probably more than most girl names, and would work great when we reside in the UK (we live in the US and the UK so need names that work in both places). I’m not a huge fan of [name_f]Philippa[/name_f] but came across [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] and [name_u]Piper[/name_u] as possible alternatives that we could use [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] as a nn with. [name_f]Sonja[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u] was a favorite of mine when we first found out I was pregnant but I think I may have gone off it now.

Anyway, would love suggestions or ideas on styles to look at, especially for the boys! :slight_smile:

I personally prefer [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] to [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] and think [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] could work well as a nickname for it as well. [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u] would be so sweet! Another option to reach the [name_f]Pippa[/name_f] nickname would be to have alliteration with her first and middle names. For example, [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_u]Pascale[/name_u] or [name_f]Paloma[/name_f] [name_f]Poet[/name_f].

For a boy…
[name_m]Oliver[/name_m]
[name_m]Conrad[/name_m]
[name_u]Elias[/name_u]
[name_u]Sterling[/name_u]
[name_m]Victor[/name_m]
[name_m]Jasper[/name_m]

It might be a tad easier to suggest boy names if we knew your sons’ names.

Congrats on the new baby!

What are your son’s names? - I’m byast about [name_m]Ethan[/name_m] as it’s my nephew’s name. I love [name_m]Henry[/name_m] though.

Girls I love [name_f]Carys[/name_f] or [name_f]Stella[/name_f]. - Depending on the Brother’s names.

I really like [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u]!

suggestions for boys:
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_m]Maxwell[/name_m]
[name_m]Ezra[/name_m]
[name_m]Rhett[/name_m]
[name_m]Calvin[/name_m]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m]

Our boys are Kell@n [name_m]Christopher[/name_m] (middle name is a family name) and G@vin [name_u]Rhys[/name_u].

I like [name_m]Rhett[/name_m] but am trying to stay away from single syllable first names because our last name is one syllable. I like [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] and [name_u]Everett[/name_u] but DH won’t go for either of those names.

Firstly Congrats!

I like [name_m]Ethan[/name_m] from your boys other names that go with your sons names could be.

[name_m]Adam[/name_m]
[name_m]Declan[/name_m]
[name_u]Quincy[/name_u]
[name_m]Jonas[/name_m]
[name_m]Graham[/name_m]
[name_m]Asher[/name_m]
[name_u]Avery[/name_u]
[name_u]Arlo[/name_u]
[name_m]Silas[/name_m]
[name_m]Jackson[/name_m]

As for your girls I love [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] nn [name_f]Pippa[/name_f], [name_f]Carys[/name_f], [name_u]Wren[/name_u], & [name_u]Rowan[/name_u]. My favorite being [name_f]Carys[/name_f]. Out of those [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] goes best with your sons and [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u] is sweet. A name that did come to mind when reading your list is [name_f]Daphne[/name_f]!

[name_m]Asher[/name_m] is a name I’ve liked since my first but I’ve never been able to convince the hubs. I definitely like the sound of names ending in -er for boys but not a big fan of the more common [name_u]Hunter[/name_u], [name_u]Parker[/name_u], etc. [name_m]Xander[/name_m] we both like but is already used by a close cousin to my kids (as well as [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]) so both are out. DH tried to convince me to name our first [name_m]Aston[/name_m] (as in [name_m]Aston[/name_m] [name_m]Martin[/name_m]) but I just cannot get passed the car connection and I think most people would assume his name is [name_u]Ashton[/name_u], not [name_m]Aston[/name_m].

For girls, it’s funny you mentioned Daphe! I like it but DH vetoed. I also like [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] and [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] which he said he’s willing to consider. I think if this is a girl it will be so hard to find “the one” because there are so many names I love and have never been able to use. We’re even considering doing two middle names for this reason.

[name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_m]Evander[/name_m]? It has the long E beginning like [name_m]Ethan[/name_m], EV like [name_u]Everett[/name_u], and sounds similar to [name_m]Xander[/name_m]/[name_m]Alexander[/name_m]. Other ER ending names or similar sounding ending names:

[name_m]Abner[/name_m]/[name_m]Avner[/name_m]
[name_m]Alistair[/name_m]/[name_m]Alasdair[/name_m] (variations of [name_m]Alexander[/name_m])
[name_m]Archer[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m]
[name_u]Cedar[/name_u]
[name_m]Edgar[/name_m]
[name_m]Grover[/name_m] (My son’s middle! [name_f]Love[/name_f] it!)
[name_m]Jasper[/name_m]
[name_m]Leander[/name_m] (sounds similar to [name_m]Alexander[/name_m])
[name_m]Luther[/name_m]
[name_m]Lysander[/name_m] (see [name_m]Leander[/name_m])
[name_u]Spencer[/name_u]
[name_m]Thatcher[/name_m]
[name_m]Weaver[/name_m]

My favorites with your boys’ names are [name_m]Archer[/name_m], [name_m]Evander[/name_m], [name_m]Jasper[/name_m], and [name_u]Spencer[/name_u].

[name_f]Love[/name_f] [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] and [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] by the way. [name_f]Dalila[/name_f] is also a great alternative.

I think [name_m]Ethan[/name_m] [name_m]Rhett[/name_m] or [name_u]Evan[/name_u] [name_m]Rhett[/name_m] would go great with your other boys names!

[name_f]Carys[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u] is my favorite from your girls list :slight_smile:

[name_f]Carys[/name_f] has some sentimental value. When I was just shy of 10 years old, my cousin (who was like a big sister to me) died after battling leukemia for 3 years. Her name was [name_f]Carrie[/name_f]. If we went with this name it would be to honor her.

What about [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] or [name_m]Cassius[/name_m]? Could either of those work with the sibset?

[name_f]Pippa[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] is cute for a girl.

Well we can skip the girls names because we found out we’re having another BOY! :slight_smile:

I love [name_f]Stella[/name_f] [name_f]Carys[/name_f] with your two boys!

As long as your boys don’t have rhymey names like [name_u]Jaden[/name_u], [name_m]Braden[/name_m], and [name_m]Caden[/name_m] I think you can get away with using [name_m]Ethan[/name_m] with your other sons. Having names that end in -in or -an isn’t as bad as having names rhyme at the beginning. Does that make any sense? lol