Finding the perfect middle name for Willow

8 weeks to go!

[name_f]Willow[/name_f] is still our number one even though it’s getting pretty popular!

Unfortunately our other favourite names don’t seem to work with it… [name_m]Bowie[/name_m], [name_f]Juno[/name_f] & [name_f]Olive[/name_f] because of the long ‘O’ sound. We also love [name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Luca[/name_u].

We’ve got [name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Frankie[/name_u] as number 1 and I also like [name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Finn[/name_u] because [name_u]Finn[/name_u] has been my favourite name since forever. I figure if [name_u]James[/name_u] can sneak into the middle spot for girls why not [name_u]Finn[/name_u]?! I’d also secretly love something reminding me of [name_m]New[/name_m] [name_m]York[/name_m] because my partner and I loved it there and we travel often. ([name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u] seems a little dated I think)

Does anyone have any other unexpected choices to go with [name_f]Willow[/name_f]? We are looking for something a little left field.

I appreciate any ideas. Berries are the best at naming babies.

Thank you

[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Naomi[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Zara[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Simone[/name_u]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]

Thank you for your reply forever.collector
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u] is seriously cute!

I really like the suggestion of [name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Finn[/name_u]. It’s adorable!!

Other suggestions:

[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Bay[/name_u]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Blake[/name_u]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Bray[/name_u]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Day[/name_u]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Gray[/name_u]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Maxine[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Odette[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Parker[/name_u]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_m]Renn[/name_m]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Shane[/name_u]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Tate[/name_u]

[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_m]Avon[/name_m] - for the village in [name_m]Livingston[/name_m] county
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_m]Cornell[/name_m] - for [name_m]Cornell[/name_m] University in [name_f]Ithaca[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] Bowery - for the Manhattan neighborhood
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_m]Bryant[/name_m] - for [name_m]Bryant[/name_m] [name_m]Park[/name_m]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Elba[/name_f] - for the village in Genesee county
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Elmira[/name_f] - for the city
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_m]Fulton[/name_m] - for the county
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_m]Greene[/name_m] - for the county
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Harlem[/name_u] - for the Manhattan neighborhood
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_m]Houston[/name_m] - for [name_m]Houston[/name_m] street in [name_m]Soho[/name_m]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Hudson[/name_u] - for the river and the city
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_m]Malone[/name_m] - for the village in [name_m]Franklin[/name_m] county
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Monroe[/name_u] - for the county
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Odessa[/name_f] - for the village in [name_u]Schuyler[/name_u] county
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Ravena[/name_f] - for the village in [name_u]Albany[/name_u] county
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Rochelle[/name_f] - for the city of [name_m]New[/name_m] [name_f]Rochelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Scotia[/name_f] - for the village in Schenectady county
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Spring[/name_f] - for the village Cold [name_f]Spring[/name_f] in [name_m]Putnam[/name_m] County
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] - for the county
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Tribeca[/name_f] - for the Manhattan neighborhood
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] Wythe - for Wythe Hotell in [name_u]Brooklyn[/name_u]

Good [name_m]Luck[/name_m] :slight_smile:

[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Astoria[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Antonia[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Amara[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Emberly[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Angelica[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] McClaren
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Jessamine[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] Kestrel

Louisa91 thank you for including [name_m]New[/name_m] [name_m]York[/name_m] ideas!

The Wythe Hotel is very cool. We wanted to use [name_m]Ace[/name_m] as a middle at one point after The [name_m]Ace[/name_m] Hotel!
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] Bowery is really different! And [name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_m]Greene[/name_m] sounds very poetic.

We have had [name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Grey[/name_u] as a combination for a while. We would spell it with an ‘e’.

Jariel thank you also for your reply. [name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Emberly[/name_f] is super cute. Its hard to pick only one name. At this rate I’ll have 2 middles!

[name_f]Glad[/name_f] I could help.

I think that [name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Emberly[/name_f] [name_m]Greene[/name_m] would be a lovely choice.

Here is a list of places in [name_m]New[/name_m] [name_m]York[/name_m] that could be useable for baby names:

[name_u]Albany[/name_u]
[name_u]Hudson[/name_u]
[name_m]Montgomery[/name_m]
Genesee
[name_m]Kingston[/name_m]
[name_u]Madison[/name_u]
[name_m]Rome[/name_m]
[name_m]Rye[/name_m]

Several of these are more masculine, but several of the ones you are considering can be used as boys names so that doesn’t seem to be a deal-breaker. I’ve also seen [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] and [name_f]Niam[/name_f] as middle name suggestions for [name_f]Willow[/name_f] that I thought were neat.

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Grey[/name_u], how about (apologies for any repeats):

[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Merida[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Noemi[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Naima[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Yvaine[/name_f]

[name_m]New[/name_m] [name_m]York[/name_m] possibilities (some are a little obscure in the link to NYC):

[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Kennedy[/name_u]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Liberty[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_m]Forest[/name_m]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Bay[/name_u]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Hunter[/name_u]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Chelsea[/name_u]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_m]Lenox[/name_m]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Sterling[/name_u]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_m]Lincoln[/name_m]

Good luck, [name_f]Willow[/name_f] is a lovely choice and I really like it combined with a more masculine middle.

[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Flynn[/name_u]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Fae[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Fable[/name_u]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] Normandy ( inspired by your [name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Juno[/name_f] )
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Tempest[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Jessamine[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Reed[/name_u]
I also like the [name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u] suggestion by PP

I love the idea of [name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Lorelai[/name_f]

Sjhanks thanks for your NYC recommendations. [name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Hudson[/name_u] would be cool but our friend has a dog called [name_u]Hudson[/name_u]!

Thanks Lulu82! It’s nice to get your positive feedback. I also think a masculine middle works. [name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_m]Forest[/name_m] is so unexpected yet cute. It might be a little too nature in theme though.

Thanks nutmeg73! [name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Flynn[/name_u] is playful! I’ve had [name_u]Winter[/name_u] on my list but it got the no from my partner unfortunately.

Thanks for the thoughts [name_f]Themis[/name_f]-[name_f]Diane[/name_f]. [name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Lorelai[/name_f] is a little too feminine for me I think.

I always thought the combo [name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Celeste[/name_f] was beautiful and whimsical.

What about (sorry for any repeats);

[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Rue[/name_u]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Arden[/name_u]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Ellis[/name_u]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Darcy[/name_u]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Laurence[/name_u]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Jude[/name_u]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Eira[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Emery[/name_u]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Piper[/name_u]

[name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_f]Celeste[/name_f] flows really well. Great suggestion.

Martienew [name_u]Piper[/name_u] is already in the family but [name_f]Willow[/name_f] and [name_u]Piper[/name_u] would be cute cousins! [name_f]Willow[/name_f] [name_u]Jude[/name_u] is cool!