Finishing Touches....

Since yesterday I feel alot better about names. I felt like I was down to four …

[name]Madeleine[/name] ( the name we have been discussing the longest…good
news! We are talking about avoiding the maddy and just
calling her [name]Madeleine[/name].)

[name]Sadie[/name] ( sounds great with [name]Sister[/name] [name]Celia[/name] and gives my husband the
nicknamie type name he is likely to call her…hence avoiding
[name]Maddy[/name])

[name]June[/name] ( a recent addition that has the rarity that I like)

[name]Clara[/name] ( that has the classic feel I like)

I asked my husband to eliminate what he could and he decided to take out [name]Clara[/name] and [name]June[/name]. His reasoning for [name]Clara[/name] was very good. He reasons that if we have a third girl one day…we are going to feel like we have to use a C name. He is right. I would. So its a wonderful reason for us to limit our decision down to 3.

[name]June[/name] he said he never pictured using as a name so he bombed it for that. OK, this is not a valid reason for me… so I am keeping it in consideration. It is different. Probably the first one syllable name I have seriously considered but its charming, rare and feminine…

I thought the next step was to just find the perfect middles but he had another great point…we wont refer to her by her full name very often so we should make sure we just like the first with the last.

SO what do you like the sound of the most…

[name]Sadie[/name] Lister
[name]Madeleine[/name] Lister
[name]June[/name] Lister

Middles are proving to be difficult anyway. I am sure of [name]June[/name]…
[name]June[/name] Soliel Lister

I think [name]Madeleine[/name] would be [name]Madeleine[/name] [name]Grace[/name] Lister Its beautiful but is it too common?

I like [name]Sadie[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name] Lister (maybe the most) but my husband thinks that sounds like two first names. He is used to me always wanting a single syllable sharp sounding middle (like [name]Celia[/name] [name]Kai[/name])But I have grown attached to [name]Madeleine[/name] and would want to use it I think with [name]Sadie[/name]. Does it work? Is it beautiful or does it just sound like a squeeze? For me this could be the one… I think its cute and girl thanks to the [name]Sadie[/name], and classic and beautiful with the [name]Madeleine[/name]. I might just have to get my husband used to a new sound but of course, I could be wrong. It might just be a mouthful.
If so do you have a suggestion…

Well when I saw your 3 suggestions, i felt like I liked [name]Madeleine[/name] the most with [name]Celia[/name]. However i aslo like [name]Sadie[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name] alot, it has a nice flow. Id take [name]June[/name] though because i feel that [name]Sadie[/name] has a nickname-y feel, unlike [name]Romy[/name] e.g., i dont think it stand on it own very good. But i like the flow!

Id go for [name]Madeleine[/name] [name]Sadie[/name], or [name]June[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name].

[name]Sadie[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name] Lister – I love this!
I feel like the nickname thing is sorta big. I don’t know how easy it would be to avoid [name]Maddy[/name] from [name]Madeleine[/name]. Some people are just into using nicknames. If you didn’t use it at home, do you think non-family or even extended family would use [name]Maddy[/name]?

I, like your husband, prefer short/quick sounding middle names for the most part. I just really like the way [name]Sadie[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name] flows! I also think it the longer mn balances out with your last name.

I like [name]Sadie[/name] & [name]Celia[/name]

My next choice is [name]Madeleine[/name] as a first name. Very cute with [name]Celia[/name].
MN suggestions for it… hmm [name]Madeleine[/name] [name]Clara[/name] or [name]Madeleine[/name] [name]June[/name] sounds good!

I came to the same conclussion as the previous poster… I really like [name]Madeleine[/name] [name]June[/name] Lister or [name]Madeleine[/name] [name]Clara[/name] Lister.

Thank you all for your responses so far. I spelled [name]June[/name] [name]Soleil[/name] wrong on my first message. I am the first to admit…I write [name]WAY[/name] TO MUCH! sorry. it does not feel long as I am writing…

I find [name]Madeleine[/name] Lister to be a lot of name on a day-to-day basis. I think [name]Maddy[/name] Lister is basically inevitable in the long run. To me, [name]Sadie[/name] and [name]Celia[/name] almost have the same problem as [name]Celia[/name] and [name]Clara[/name]. In fact, [name]Celia[/name], [name]Clara[/name], and [name]Mary[/name] SOUND less odd than [name]Sadie[/name], [name]Celia[/name], and [name]Mary[/name] because at least the 'c’s have differering sounds. My favorite is [name]June[/name]. It has the classic throwback vibe of [name]Celia[/name] while having it’s own unique sound and look.
[name]June[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name] Lister?

[/quote]

I hear ya! I have a similar problem in that I must decide if having a [name]Phoebe[/name] precludes all other ‘P’ and ‘F’ names.

I love [name]Madeleine[/name], and I love the suggestion of [name]Madeleine[/name] [name]June[/name]. It’s very pretty, and sounds great with your last name.
If you’re worried about the nickname [name]Maddy[/name], I wouldn’t be. My elementary school friend has a little sister named [name]Madeline[/name], and she has not once been called [name]Maddy[/name]. Also, I have a friend named [name]Madison[/name], and everyone just calls her [name]Madison[/name], not [name]Maddy[/name] (well, I’m the only one that does, but that’s beside the point).

I also really like [name]Sadie[/name] with [name]Celia[/name]. I think they’re both very cute and sound great together. But, will you feel like you have to carry on the S sound that both names have? It might feel inevitable. [name]Sadie[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name] is very pretty though.

So my vote goes to [name]Madeleine[/name] [name]June[/name]. Best of luck! :slight_smile: