Finnian William? WDYT

So this is one of our top 3 names, along with [name]Crosby[/name] [name]William[/name] and [name]Jett[/name] [name]William[/name]. [name]Do[/name] you think this name flows? Is it too matchy? He loves [name]Crosby[/name] and I love [name]Jett[/name], and so far [name]Finn[/name] it is the only name we agree on.

We both love the nn [name]Finn[/name], and so far I don’t like [name]Phineas[/name], and he doesn’t like [name]Finnegan[/name], so [name]Finnian[/name] might be a good compromise.

[name]William[/name] is after my FIL, and we both really want to honor his side of the family with this baby. The other male name from his side we are consittering is [name]Charles[/name].

Any variations of [name]Finn[/name], [name]William[/name] or [name]Charles[/name] would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a ton.

I think it’s a bit matchy, but how many times do you actually use the middle name? Looking at it, the name LOOKS very balanced. Especially since [name]William[/name] has a family significance, I say go for it. No hesitations… I like [name]Finnian[/name] [name]William[/name] loads better than [name]Crosby[/name] and [name]Jett[/name].

Although I love the name [name]Finn[/name] I do think [name]Finnian[/name] [name]William[/name] sounds rather silly as it is so matchy. Would you consider using a variant mn to still honour your family. For example what about-

[name]Finnian[/name] [name]Willoughby[/name]
[name]Finnian[/name] [name]Wilbur[/name]- I [name]LOVE[/name] this!
[name]Finnian[/name] [name]Wilfred[/name]
[name]Finnian[/name] [name]Wills[/name]
[name]Finnian[/name] [name]Willis[/name]

Or for [name]Charles[/name]-

[name]Finnian[/name] [name]Charles[/name]
[name]Finnian[/name] [name]Charlie[/name]
[name]Finnian[/name] [name]Carlo[/name]
[name]Finnian[/name] [name]Chad[/name]

[name]Liam[/name] is a variant of [name]William[/name] so what about [name]Finnian[/name] [name]Liam[/name]
[name]Gwilym[/name] is the Welsh variant.

I [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Finn[/name]- it is fantastic on its own in my opinion, and I know several (Scandinavian) guys called just [name]Finn[/name]. A strong, solid, simple and masculine name that ages well and will suit a cute little boy and a grown man. [name]Finn[/name] [name]William[/name] would be lovely. However, if you would like something longer how about-

[name]Fintan[/name] [name]Willam[/name]
[name]Finley[/name] [name]Willam[/name].
[name]Findley[/name] [name]William[/name]

There is also the option of a Scandinavian name such as Torfin/ Torfinn and the gaelic Morfinn/ Morfin which means huge mountain.

For something a bit different how about [name]Griffin[/name]? I think [name]Griffin[/name] [name]William[/name] or [name]Griffin[/name] [name]Charles[/name] could work depending on your taste.

I hope this helps- good luck!

It may sound okay but it looks too busy too repetitive.

[name]Jett[/name] [name]Crosby[/name] [name]William[/name] problem solved!

I absolutely love the name [name]Griffin[/name] and would use it in a heart beat as it is one of my favorite names. The only problem is that it is my dogs name. I am regreting using such a great name, but he is a great dog, so I guess he deserves it. My other dog is [name]Miles[/name], another name I love. Thanks for all the suggestions. I like the idea of just using [name]Finn[/name], but dh dislikes 1 syllable names. [name]Willis[/name] is a good option for the middle name and I like the way [name]Finnian[/name] [name]Charles[/name] sounds too!

If it were only that easy :wink: DH says maybe to [name]Jett[/name], but I keep trying because it is one of my favorites and would be after my grandma [name]Jetta[/name]. I wouldn’t want to do 2 middle names because my other son only has one. Thanks though!!

[name]Finn[/name] [name]Charles[/name]
[name]Finnian[/name] [name]Charles[/name]

[name]Charles[/name] [name]Finn[/name] nn [name]Charlie[/name]
[name]Charles[/name] [name]Finnian[/name]

[name]William[/name] [name]Finn[/name] nn [name]Will[/name] or [name]Liam[/name] or use middle name [name]Finn[/name] as a nn.

The only option that hasn’t been mentioned yet is [name]Finnian[/name] [name]Willem[/name]! [name]Willem[/name] is my favourite [name]William[/name] variant, and since you lose the -ian/-iam matching, it sounds wonderful! :slight_smile:
That would be my solution!

[name]Edit[/name]:
I forgot to add these Norwegian names containing [name]Finn[/name] ^^:
Alfinn
Anfinn
Annfinn
Arnfinn
Bergfinn
Borgfinn
Dagfinn
Elfinn
Geirfinn
Herfinn
Jonfinn
Kolfinn
Kollfinn
Norfinn
Oddfinn
Sigfinn
Thorfinn
Torfinn
Finnur
Finnleif/Finnleiv
Finngard
Finnbjorn
Finnkjell

Totally agree. [name]Love[/name] [name]Finnian[/name] [name]William[/name]. Good luck!