Finnick

What is your opinion on the name [name_m]Finnick[/name_m]? We’ve always liked [name_u]Finn[/name_u], but I think it’s too short and I think [name_u]Finnley[/name_u] is a little girly. I realize it’s a Hunger Games name. I just think it gives some cool options for [name_u]Nick[/name_u] Names as well. [name_u]Finn[/name_u], or [name_u]Nick[/name_u]. [name_u]Nick[/name_u] is more classic.

It’s very cute. Reminds me of fennec foxes. I love the sound of it. I would like to meet a little [name_m]Finnick[/name_m]. :blush:

I think [name_m]Finnick[/name_m] is a nice name. The only downside I can see is its similarity to the word “finicky”, but I don’t think it’s a huge issue. I doubt the Hunger Games will be relevant to the next generation of kids (unless the Hollywood execs decide to reboot it).

2 Likes

Finicky has been my other concern. I didn’t know how often people will automatically think of that. But that is my worry.

1 Like

It does have a bit of a sci-fi vibe. I think it works, it’s just uncommon. I can’t even remember [name_m]Finnick[/name_m] from reading Hunger Games however many years ago.

I do think of [name_m]Finnick[/name_m] from Hunger Games, but I don’t think he’s a negative association, and he’s a good character. And if [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] can be used, why not [name_m]Finnick[/name_m] (I know [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] has a history outside of HG, but she’s still a major association for lots of people).
So yeah, I think it’s usable. It has many great nicknames and I could see it working on an adult.

1 Like

a it’s such a gp for me hg associations are sooooooooooo strong

Very Hunger Games but I do like it, and nn [name_u]Finn[/name_u] is cute

[name_m]Finnick[/name_m], [name_m]Franklin[/name_m], [name_m]Fintan[/name_m], & [name_u]Phoenix[/name_u] are my favorite way to [name_u]Finn[/name_u]

1 Like

I really like it! It feels more familiar than you’d think from the popularity and more traditional than it is. [name_u]Finn[/name_u] is a cool nickname.

It’s cute! It’s not my favorite of the [name_u]Finn[/name_u] names due to its association with the word “finnicky,” but it’s still nice. I also really like [name_m]Finlo[/name_m], [name_m]Finnian[/name_m], [name_u]Finnegan[/name_u], [name_u]Finley[/name_u] (not too girly!), and [name_m]Fintan[/name_m].

I really like [name_m]Finnick[/name_m]. It has a cool sharp sound

Too close to “finnicky” for me. [name_u]Finley[/name_u] is a great name for a boy.

It’s a cool name. I immediately think of the hunger games.

I think the books will still be read.

I don’t really mind the Hunger Games association. We like the books and movies. I don’t foresee people knowing that’s a character unless they actually like the books or movies. The word finicky is more of my worry.

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

I want to like it, but it reminds me of the word finicky too much. I love just [name_u]Finn[/name_u] or [name_m]Finnian[/name_m] or [name_u]Finnegan[/name_u]. [name_u]Or[/name_u] Phineas??? The prospect of the nn [name_u]Nick[/name_u] is kind of interesting though. But [name_u]Finn[/name_u] is way cuter!

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

i love finnick so much and agree with everything you mentioned!

1 Like

I really strongly associate it with the Hunger Games, but I am a big fan of the Hunger Games…