Fiona and Solomon

[name_f]My[/name_f] SO and I have been discussing baby names a lot lately and aren’t planning on TTC currently, but babies are in our future.

The top two names we like for a girl and a boy are [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] and [name_m]Solomon[/name_m]. The following is a list of names we both like. I was wondering if these names would fit well with [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] and/or [name_m]Solomon[/name_m] and what you think of them.

[name_f]Fiona[/name_f]
[name_f]Thalia[/name_f]
[name_u]Arya[/name_u]
(We don’t agree on a lot girl names, but will take suggestions!)

[name_u]August[/name_u]
[name_m]Oliver[/name_m]
[name_m]Gideon[/name_m]
[name_m]Mac[/name_m]
[name_m]Orson[/name_m]

Thank you for your help.

Absolutely love Fiona + Solomon.

Fiona is an unexpected choice that feels classic, enduring and has a slight whimsical flair. I can completely see the appeal in Fiona it’s just a bit annoying with the Shrek association. Still I think the princess was kickass and I think the overall name is so lovely I would definitely keep her.

I’m a massive fan of Solomon! My goodness absolutely love him he’s solid, dependable, handsome, strong, has a wonderful meaning peace along with the delightful nickname Sol. I truly adore Solomon.

I think Fiona + Solomon feel like an unexpected pair but they are classic and I think they work. I also like that they share the same strong ‘o’ sound which makes the pairing work well.

Looking at your girls I think Arya feels so stylistically different I do not see this name working. She feels a bit random. Thalia works better for sure but I would be more inclined to use that shared ‘o’ sound if cohesiveness is your jam. Some other ideas could be
Roisin, Phoebe, Joanna, Moira, Imogen, Loretta, Leonie + Louisa.

Looking at your boys the standouts are definitely Gideon + Orson they are absolutely fabulous and work wonderfully with Fiona + Solomon. I also love that they all share the ‘o’ sound which really jells the names together. I’ve got a soft spot for Oliver your other magical O name but I feel that he’s a bit too popular next to the likes of Fiona + Solomon. I know you do not want any boy name suggestions but I wanted to put forward Tobias I think he’s a gem and works very well with Fiona + Solomon.

Hope this helps

With [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] and [name_m]Solomon[/name_m], [name_u]August[/name_u], [name_m]Gideon[/name_m], [name_m]Mac[/name_m] and [name_m]Orson[/name_m] all work :heart:

[name_f]Thalia[/name_f] could fit with [name_m]Solomon[/name_m], and potentially with [name_f]Fiona[/name_f], depending on which pronunciation you use :person_shrugging: it might otherwise be too close!

[name_u]August[/name_u] is wonderful, [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] is rugged and lovely, [name_m]Mac[/name_m] is unexpected and charming, [name_m]Orson[/name_m] is cool and lovely!

[name_m]Oliver[/name_m] doesn’t work for me - [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] and [name_m]Solomon[/name_m] are distinctive and brilliant; [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] is a kind of bland besides them.

[name_u]Arya[/name_u] is a charming choice - unexpected but rugged and cool!!

If I were to suggest a couple of names with [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] and [name_m]Solomon[/name_m], I’d throw in the ideas of: [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f], [name_m]Gethin[/name_m], [name_f]Arabella[/name_f], [name_m]Wilfred[/name_m], [name_f]Elspeth[/name_f], [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m], [name_f]Edith[/name_f], [name_f]Ingrid[/name_f]

And, as for thoughts on [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] and [name_m]Solomon[/name_m] - [name_m]Solomon[/name_m] is gorgeous - beautiful, peaceful, bold and lovely, but also friendly and calm. [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] has grown on me. Rugged, strong, and distinctive. Fi and [name_u]Sol[/name_u] as nn :heart_eyes: or [name_u]Sonny[/name_u] and [name_f]Fia[/name_f]!

I absolutely love the girl names you’ve chosen! I am a huge fan of [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] and [name_u]August[/name_u], and also have a soft spot for [name_m]Mac[/name_m] because it’s a family name for me and is very cute and sweet sounding. I personally really enjoy these combinations together for a first+middle name from your list! I also added some fun names that could be similar alternatives to [name_f]Thalia[/name_f], [name_u]Aria[/name_u], [name_m]Oliver[/name_m], [name_u]August[/name_u], and [name_m]Orson[/name_m] :slight_smile:

[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_f]Thalia[/name_f] or [name_f]Thalia[/name_f] [name_f]Fiona[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_u]Aria[/name_u]
[name_m]Solomon[/name_m] [name_m]Oliver[/name_m]
[name_m]Solomon[/name_m] [name_u]August[/name_u]
[name_m]Solomon[/name_m] [name_m]Mac[/name_m]

[name_m]Solomon[/name_m] [name_u]Oleander[/name_u]
[name_m]Solomon[/name_m] [name_m]Ollivander[/name_m]
[name_m]Solomon[/name_m] [name_u]Orion[/name_u]
[name_m]Solomon[/name_m] [name_m]Aurelian[/name_m]
[name_m]Solomon[/name_m] [name_m]Aurelius[/name_m]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_f]Delilah[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_f]Ariella[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_f]Ariana[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_f]Eulalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_f]Lyra[/name_f]

I love [name_u]August[/name_u] and Fiona!! They both have a classic sound but aren’t too common. :slight_smile:

1 Like

[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] and [name_m]Solomon[/name_m] sound great together - unexpected but both sweet, powerful, explorer names to me. I like the boys names minus [name_u]August[/name_u] (too popular and a little too pretty with the others) and [name_m]Mac[/name_m] (too short/casual - but could be turned around on this as has a rugged, outdoor feel too). [name_m]Oliver[/name_m], [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] and [name_m]Orson[/name_m] fit the solid, traveller but dependable vibe.

I’m not as keen on the girls. [name_u]Arya[/name_u] and [name_f]Thalia[/name_f] almost fit (in my ear) but they’re a little too light next to the others. Maybe [name_f]Thalia[/name_f] but I also think it’d be a hassle having the [name_f]Thalia[/name_f] instead of [name_f]Tahlia[/name_f] spelling.

How about the more sturdy: [name_f]Rowenna[/name_f], [name_f]Loretta[/name_f], [name_f]Claire[/name_f], [name_f]Mary[/name_f], [name_f]Maren[/name_f], [name_u]Briar[/name_u], [name_f]Gemma[/name_f], [name_f]Margot[/name_f], [name_f]Petra[/name_f], [name_f]Tamsin[/name_f], [name_f]Abigail[/name_f], [name_f]Rebecca[/name_f], [name_f]Lydia[/name_f], [name_f]Bronwyn[/name_f], [name_f]Bronte[/name_f], [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f], [name_f]Juliet[/name_f], [name_u]Meredith[/name_u], [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] or [name_f]Amalia[/name_f], [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f], [name_f]Cressida[/name_f], [name_u]Zoe[/name_u] or [name_f]Elora[/name_f].

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. Would love to hear if any girls’ names appeal!