First and Last Names Ending with Same Sound?

[name]Hi[/name], I’m new here, wife is due the end of this month, and we’re torn between these names: [name]Jace[/name] or [name]Jasper[/name] for a boy, [name]Rachel[/name] or [name]Sasha[/name] for a girl.

Last name is Feuer (pronounced Foyer), and I’m afraid first and last names ending with the same ‘er’ / ‘a’ syllables might be weird.

Your thoughts appreciated!

I was really on the fence about this at first (when I started looking at names) but lately I’m really okay with it…as long as the names don’t completley rhyme. IE - [name]Jasper[/name] [name]Casper[/name]…that would be bad IMHO.

Yes, I agree here too. [name]Sasha[/name] and [name]Jasper[/name] don’t clash with your surname too much, as the emphasis is mostly on the first syllables, so there’s less stress on the parts that match!

I find it worse when there are tongue-twister names - I know a kid named [name]Callum[/name] McCullough for example. In an Australian accent such as mine, you trip over the words a lot! I almost always end up saying [name]Callum[/name] [name]McCallum[/name]!

In terms of the names themselves, [name]Jasper[/name] and [name]Sasha[/name] are my favorites for you, by far! And I don’t think they sound bad at all with Feuer, for the same reasons brought up by the previous posters.

I personally think names ending in the same sound is a good idea. My last name ends in “er” as well and I think “er” ending names like [name]Spencer[/name] and [name]Harper[/name] sound great.

Thanks so much for your replies. I feel a bit more confident going with a name like [name]Jasper[/name] (which I’ve loved since my high school art class) or [name]Sasha[/name] now.

I think it’s just a matter of personal preference. I’m personally not a fan of first and last names ending in the same sound, but that’s just me. If it doesn’t bother you, then go for it! :slight_smile: Like the others, I prefer [name]Jasper[/name] and [name]Sasha[/name] to [name]Jace[/name] and [name]Rachel[/name].

([name]Jace[/name] will likely be thought of as being short for [name]Jason[/name], and there are many little girls with the trendy “[name]Jacelyn[/name]” name who go by “[name]Jace[/name]” or “[name]Jacey[/name].”)

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

I like when they end in the same sound - as I think about it so many people I know have names like this. My maiden name ended in two L’s just like my first name, [name]Jill[/name]. My husband’s both end in N and the names we have picked out for our children both end in N. What I do not like is when the ending sound of the first name is the beginning sound of the last name - Like [name]Jean[/name] [name]Norris[/name]. (Jeanorris). I say go with it!