First baby and its a boy!

*Canadian, if that’s relevant **Also only planning on 2 children, so just 2 in a future sibset

I’ve had my favorite girls names dialed for years (Romy & Willa) but it turns out we’re having a boy!

My faves from the past 10 years have gotten more popular (Hudson, Beckett) so I’m trying to branch out. Here are some that we are considering so far. Last name is similar to Duke/Dukes (not a D).

Brooks - this was #1 but its a little clunky with last name
Crosby
Darcy
Dawson - I can get my head around a nickname
Ellis
Sawyer - I can get my head around a nickname

I’m also trying to plan in advance for a sibset if we have a girl next, which would be Romy. Is Darcy & Romy or Crosby & Romy too cutesy?

If second child is a boy I would probably go with Rowan and still use “Ro” nickname. So Dawson & Rowan for example.

Thanks!

[name_u]Welcome[/name_u]!

Would you want to use [name_u]Romy[/name_u] & [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] together?

For this boy (congrats!) I think [name_u]Darcy[/name_u] or [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] would be a good choice.

Congrats! From your list, I think [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] is the perfect name to bridge the gap between all the names on your list :smiling_face:

3 Likes

[name_u]Dawson[/name_u], [name_u]Ellis[/name_u], and [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] are my favorites! A nickname for [name_u]Dawson[/name_u] could be [name_u]Sonny[/name_u] and a nickname for [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] could be bean (like soy bean).

1 Like

Congratulations!

Brooks is lovely very outdoorsy and peaceful with a fashionable flair but agree very stunted with your surname.

Crosby feels very cowboy cool especially with your surname the overall name is very yeehaw which is a vibe I dig. However I think Romy & Crosby could trap you into a theme.

Darcy is a lovely romantic name that feels wind swept. Again if your to use Romy I think you could get trapped into a theme and this pairing does feel cutesy.

Dawson is lovely he feels preppy but outdoorsy and very handsome. Nickname wise what about Sonny? I think Sonny works as a lovely nickname.

Ellis feels like a natural fit for you! Ellis is beyond handsome. He’s soft, romantic, wind swept and charming. I also like how Ellis sounds with your surname.

Sawyer again has a cowboy flair especially with the surname but I feel he is one those names that doesn’t have a natural nickname so if that’s important too you I would consider your other options.

My favourite for you is Ellis followed by Dawson :wood:

1 Like

From another Canadian.:grin: Does [name_u]Brook[/name_u] rather than [name_u]Brooks[/name_u], flow better with your last name? It fits into the popular surname category. From your list the standout favourite for me is [name_u]Crosby[/name_u] and not too cute at all with [name_u]Romy[/name_u]. In fact they make a lovely sibset! Complimentary but not matchy. You didn’t ask but if you would like to consider more names these ones may fit….

[name_u]Parker[/name_u]
[name_m]Nash[/name_m]
[name_m]Lachlan[/name_m]
[name_m]Torin[/name_m]
[name_u]Tate[/name_u]
[name_u]Brady[/name_u]
[name_u]Gable[/name_u]

1 Like

I like [name_u]Darcy[/name_u], [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] and [name_u]Dawson[/name_u]! I don’t find any of them cutesy with [name_u]Romy[/name_u].

[name_u]Darcy[/name_u] is elegant and charming

[name_u]Ellis[/name_u] is rugged but gentle

[name_u]Dawson[/name_u] is cool and handsome. [name_u]Sonny[/name_u] or [name_m]Donny[/name_m] as nn?

A couple of other options if you want: [name_u]Carey[/name_u], [name_m]Alec[/name_m], [name_u]Jem[/name_u], [name_u]Barrett[/name_u], [name_m]Cosmo[/name_m], [name_u]Roscoe[/name_u], [name_u]Albie[/name_u], [name_m]Lochlan[/name_m], [name_u]Franklin[/name_u], [name_u]Orion[/name_u], [name_u]Darby[/name_u]

You have a list of great choices. [name_u]Brooks[/name_u] is handsome but if your surname ends in s it may not flow well.
[name_u]Dawson[/name_u] with the nickname [name_u]Sonny[/name_u] is cute. I like [name_u]Darcy[/name_u] more for a girl. I really like [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] but if you are going to use [name_u]Romy[/name_u] at some point that definitely would not work. I would not let the popularity of [name_u]Hudson[/name_u] and [name_u]Beckett[/name_u] keep me from using them. They are strong handsome names. Other suggestions:

[name_u]Callan[/name_u]
[name_u]Camden[/name_u]
[name_u]Declan[/name_u]
[name_m]Lachlan[/name_m]
[name_u]Niall[/name_u]
[name_u]Parker[/name_u]
[name_u]Rhett[/name_u]

:sparkles::sparkles:Congrats!:sparkles::sparkles:

[name_f]My[/name_f] faves are [name_u]Darcy[/name_u], [name_u]Ellis[/name_u], [name_u]Dawson[/name_u] (nn Daws/Sonny/DS?). [name_u]Brooks[/name_u] seems out from what we know of your last name. I like [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] in theory just think I’d avoid given the lack of nicknames, and I don’t love the [name_m]Saw[/name_m] sound in the name. Possibly silly, but I’m off [name_u]Crosby[/name_u] because of [name_m]Bill[/name_m] Cosby, but if that’s not at all an association you’d make - then it would be in third or fourth spot for me. Don’t worry about about having a boy with a Y last letter followed by a girl with one too. You never know, it might be for eg [name_u]Darcy[/name_u], [name_f]Willa[/name_f], and [name_u]Romy[/name_u] and even if not that order, it doesn’t matter, plenty of people have repeat endings in a family. (Rowan more squarely takes out future [name_u]Romy[/name_u] in my mind than [name_u]Darcy[/name_u] does.)

Other names you might like:

[name_u]Ellison[/name_u]
[name_u]Ashby[/name_u]
[name_u]Oakley[/name_u] (depending on last name)
[name_m]Fletcher[/name_m]
[name_m]Thatcher[/name_m]
[name_m]Conall[/name_m]
[name_u]Spencer[/name_u]
[name_m]Colton[/name_m]
[name_m]Griffen[/name_m]
[name_m]Rufus[/name_m]
[name_u]Sterling[/name_u]
[name_m]Rafferty[/name_m]
[name_u]Marlowe[/name_u]
[name_u]Tiernan[/name_u]
[name_u]Henley[/name_u]
[name_u]Shiloh[/name_u]
[name_u]Emrys[/name_u]
[name_m]Sylvan[/name_m]
[name_u]Kiernan[/name_u]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u]

1 Like

[name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] is lovely. Doesn’t need a non imo.
2 y ending names are fine I think.
Seconding [name_u]Ellison[/name_u] and [name_u]Emrys[/name_u]
Other ideas:
[name_m]Flint[/name_m]
[name_u]Royce[/name_u]
[name_u]Dane[/name_u]
[name_m]Simon[/name_m]
[name_u]Corbin[/name_u]
[name_u]Tanner[/name_u]
[name_u]Noel[/name_u]
[name_u]Quinn[/name_u]
[name_m]Trenton[/name_m]
[name_u]Callan[/name_u]
[name_u]Wesley[/name_u]
[name_m]Grant[/name_m]
[name_u]Remy[/name_u]
[name_u]Leland[/name_u]
[name_m]Marshall[/name_m]
[name_u]Tobin[/name_u]

[name_u]Jericho[/name_u]
[name_m]Samson[/name_m]

I love [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] and [name_u]Dawson[/name_u] . [name_u]Brooks[/name_u] is great but maybe not if it’s awkward with your last name .:black_heart:

I really love Sawyer…first nn I thought of was solly :nest_with_eggs: another could be sully

Based on how you describe your last name and how you might name future children, I love [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] for you. [name_u]Romy[/name_u] and Ellis/Rowan and [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] both sound really nice together

Congrats on your first!:blue_heart: I just had mine last week also a boy! Time will fly so enjoy it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congratulations on your baby boy :tada::tada:

I am extra partial to [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] because we just named our new baby boy that last month :smiling_face: it’s been a great name! I think it is a great, versatile choice that goes well with many names because it doesn’t seem like any one specific vibe to me. It would go great with [name_u]Romy[/name_u].

I get the grief about [name_u]Brooks[/name_u]. I also love that name, but it doesn’t work with my last name either. I think [name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] and [name_u]Romy[/name_u] are cute pair! Really, I think all of them go well with [name_u]Romy[/name_u], and [name_u]Brooks[/name_u] is the only one that probably isn’t great with your last name.

In order, I like:
[name_u]Ellis[/name_u]
[name_u]Sawyer[/name_u]
[name_u]Dawson[/name_u]
[name_u]Crosby[/name_u]
[name_u]Darcy[/name_u]

Good luck!

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourite is [name_u]Ellis[/name_u]! [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] is strong, full of charm, bookish, sporty… a bit Victorian, a bit surnamey, a bit classic, so charming, and somehow gender neutral, international, yet with a [name_f]British[/name_f] vibe?

[name_u]Romy[/name_u] and [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] would work great as spunky little names!

Thanks, I was thinking either [name_u]Romy[/name_u] (f) or [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] (m) depending on the sex of a second child. So no, just one of them.

I also really like the name [name_u]Crosby[/name_u], so I am partial to it and love it paired with [name_f]Willa[/name_f].
[name_u]Crosby[/name_u] and [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] are adorable too.

[name_f]My[/name_f] other favorite is [name_u]Ellis[/name_u]. [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] and [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] is a handsome brother sibling set and [name_u]Ellis[/name_u] wears well with either of your girl names.

my vote: [name_u]Crosby[/name_u] or [name_u]Ellis[/name_u]!