First Baby, Baby Willa

Our first baby was born on 27 Sept, and we named her [name_f]Willa[/name_f] [name_f]Frances[/name_f] [name_u]Eloise[/name_u].

As the forum regulars know, we had thought we’d call her [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] throughout most of the pregnancy, with [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] or [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] as back up. But the week before I heard the name [name_f]Willa[/name_f] in a conversation, a name DH and I had briefly considered early on. It struck me more strongly as a very generous name, for someone resolute and principled, playful, gentle and/or creative. Of course, I sought some NB feedback.

Over our first day or so together, I tried on the intended names and none of them resonated with her and my impression (hope?) that she might have a lot of these ‘[name_f]Willa[/name_f]’ qualities. Finally, all of the names have a connection to family, including a grandfather [name_m]William[/name_m], and to me in [name_u]Eloise[/name_u].

Thank you again for all your help in choosing the name! We’re delighted with her arrival, and what she’ll be called.

1 Like

Congratulations! She is beautifully named and I am so happy that you discovered the perfect name.

Congratulations, what a beautiful name!

[name_m]How[/name_m] perfectly beautiful!

[name_f]Willa[/name_f] is a great name! Congratulations

Congratulations! [name_f]Willa[/name_f] [name_f]Frances[/name_f] [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] is a beautiful choice!

Gorgeous vintage name. Congrats!