first baby girl

so i am due december 7th with my first and i am having a terrible time deciding on a name we have had a name picked out and everyone of them i decide i get sick of. ideas and suggestions would be appreciated i dont want a common name but i dont want anything too off the wall we have [name]Paisley[/name] or Kaelani as options now. thanks for the help

[name]True[/name] story: there was a story recently in the Times about a couple who named their baby [name]Paisley[/name]. After 6 months of negative reaction and growing tired of it themselves, they changed it. [name]Paisley[/name] is trendy and trying-very-hard. Think long and hard before using this one.

Kaelani is a better option, but neither are really my style. Which of course isn’t really what matters, but, hey … you asked … :slight_smile:

Other options suggested by Nymbler based on Kaelani & [name]Paisley[/name]:
[name]Harper[/name]
[name]Piper[/name]
[name]Hadley[/name]
[name]Saffron[/name]
[name]Bliss[/name]
[name]Coco[/name]
[name]Daisy[/name]

I prefer [name]Peyton[/name] over [name]Paisley[/name]. I like Kaelani a lot.

I’ve always been quite fond of the name [name]Paisley[/name] (although I am a hippie at heart so maybe that’s why!) but I don’t really like Kaelani sorry. It seems like it’s trying to hard to be exotic and different. I do absolutely love [name]Leilani[/name] though, which is Hawaiian and means heavenly flower. [name]Do[/name] you like that at all?

Other alternatives to [name]Paisley[/name] that are more “accepted” by the masses could be; [name]Phoebe[/name], [name]Penelope[/name], [name]Paloma[/name], [name]Poppy[/name] (one of my friends names and I love it! Has the same fun hippie feel as [name]Paisley[/name]), [name]Pearl[/name], [name]Piper[/name], [name]Posy[/name] (not sure this would get any more favourable reaction than [name]Paisley[/name] though!) or [name]Perla[/name].

Other names with “[name]Lani[/name]” in you may like - [name]Lani[/name] itself, [name]Elani[/name], [name]Eleni[/name] (not quite [name]Lani[/name] but similar,I had an Irish great aunt with this name :)), [name]Alani[/name], [name]Melania[/name] or [name]Noelani[/name].

[name]Do[/name] you mind me asking what your previous choices were that you got sick of? I think that can be a problem when choosing names, as soon as you settle on something it doesn’t feel fresh any more because you’ve heard it so much but you have to remind yourself why you picked it in the first place. And any name you do choose will be used by your daughter for the rest of her life so you need to make sure it’s something you really love and won’t get “sick of”. I tend to find that some names I’ve loved forever and will sometimes get sick of, but eventually I’ll always end up loving them again, whereas newer names I haven’t heard before, I’ll love loads for a few weeks and then the novelty wears off and I wonder why I ever liked them! So just a thought, maybe you should reconsider some old favourites?

Best of luck!

I actually like both [name]Paisley[/name] and Kaelani. I think my preference is [name]Paisley[/name] though because Kaelani kinda reminds me of [name]Kaelan[/name] trying to be Hawaiian. I agree that [name]Lani[/name] or [name]Leilani[/name] might be a more suitable name.

Some other names I have thought of we’re nolee [name]Collins[/name] harlow (this is one of my favorites but my boyfriend hates it ): ) tillie

I actually love [name]Paisley[/name]. I also love [name]Poppy[/name] and [name]Piper[/name] that previous posters suggested. Good luck!