First Born Son

This morning at 10:26 am we welcomed into the world my first baby, [name_m]Paolo[/name_m] Sanín. His name [name_m]Paolo[/name_m] was chosen before we even knew we were pregnant. I had last minute name doubts but thanks to many wonderful & wise berries we decided that it was the right thing to do to keep it :slight_smile:

His middle name Sanín (pronounced sah-neen) is one my husbands grandfathers surnames (they followed hispanic custom of passing down both the mother & fathers surnames). Sadly, his grandfather passed away in [name_f]May[/name_f], early in our pregnancy. Since he raised my husband, we knew we wanted to honor him with one of his names.

I was in labor for about 36 hours total. 24 of those hours were unmedicated active labor & transition. Due to a midwifery law in my state they had to transfer me from the birth center to a hospital. There I was able to happily deliver my baby boy in about 45 minutes of pushing.

Thank you to all the berries that helped with naming advice & suggestions. I love this community and love being a part of it :slight_smile:

Congratulations! [name_m]Paolo[/name_m] is such a handsome name, and I love the significance behind Sanín. Best wishes to you :slight_smile:

Congratulations to you and your family!

Congratulations! That name was definitely the right choice

Very Handsome!

Congratulations, what a handsome name!

Congrats, I was waiting for this announcement!
Handsome name for your handsome little prince!

Congrats on your new boy! [name_m]Paolo[/name_m] Sanin is a nice name.

Congratulations! His name is really handsome.

Also love the significance.