our last name is 4-syllables and Italian and starts with an “S”. some issues however are that the Italian names that could potentially work well have been sort of saturated here in the NY and NJ region and some folks seem to associate them to the Sopranos and [name_u]Jersey[/name_u] [name_u]Shore[/name_u].
i’m hoping to find a name that’s classic, not completely trendy that will go out of style in the next few years. i am completely open to opinions, new options, etc.
the few boy names we like (finding them/agreeing has been hard) and associated “negatives” are:
- [name_u]Dylan[/name_u] (been told this has been a “90’s” trendy name, recall “[name_u]Dylan[/name_u] Klebold” from [name_f]Columbine[/name_f]).
- [name_u]Luca[/name_u] (i really like this name, wife is not sold. reminds me of “[name_m]Luka[/name_m] Magnotta”, another horrible murderer and “[name_u]Luca[/name_u] Brasi”. i don’t think this falls into the camp of “trendy” Italian first names, however).
- [name_m]Leo[/name_m] (a little short, reminds wife of an older gentleman’s name).
- [name_m]Liam[/name_m] (nice name, classic?, ok to match with Italian last name?)
the one girl name we seem to agree on:
- [name_f]Sofia[/name_f] (our last starts with an “S”, unsure if this is an issue or not).