First child!

Hello. My husband and I are expecting our first child, and the due date is late [name]November[/name]. We haven’t narrowed our list down quite yet, but here are some of our favorites and possible middles. ([name]Scott[/name] is last name)

Boys:

[name]Archie[/name] [name]Lyman[/name] [name]Scott[/name] (not sure whether to go with just [name]Archie[/name] or [name]Archibald[/name]. Not a big fan of [name]Archibald[/name], but I really like [name]Arch[/name] as a nickname if he grows out of [name]Archie[/name])
[name]Noah[/name] [name]Lyman[/name] [name]Scott[/name]
[name]Noah[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name] [name]Scott[/name]

Girls:

[name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Nathalie[/name] [name]Scott[/name]
[name]Baya[/name] [name]Wilhelmina[/name] [name]Scott[/name]
[name]Paris[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Scott[/name]
[name]Opal[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Scott[/name]
[name]Lena[/name] [name]Wilhelmina[/name] [name]Scott[/name]

Any name suggestions would be greatly appreciated (I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Archie[/name], DH LOVES [name]Noah[/name], and I haven’t really clicked with any of the girls yet. I prefer two syllable names but don’t really have a specific style).

Thank you!

~ [name]Olympia[/name]

I really like [name]Archie[/name] [name]Lyman[/name] [name]Scott[/name]. I understand your hesitation about [name]Archie[/name] vs. [name]Archibald[/name] though. The flow and style are so great and original! [name]Noah[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name] would be my second choice. [name]Noah[/name] is popular so that’d be my hesitation there.

For a girl, I find [name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Nathalie[/name] [name]Scott[/name] a great potential pair for [name]Archie[/name] [name]Lyman[/name] – they are both distinctive and unusual without being odd or awkward. [name]Opal[/name] and [name]Paris[/name] seem too brand-like with traditional [name]Elizabeth[/name]. They don’t have quite the flair of [name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Nathalie[/name]. Good luck!

[name]Welcome[/name] to Nameberry! :-

[name]Archie[/name] [name]Lyman[/name] [name]Scott[/name]: I think [name]Archie[/name] is great. If you don’t like [name]Archibald[/name], have you thought about [name]Archer[/name] as a source of [name]Archie[/name]? I think that a longer middle name would be great in the middle. I love the flow of [name]Archibald[/name] [name]Lyman[/name] [name]Scott[/name].

[name]Noah[/name] [name]Lyman[/name] [name]Scott[/name]: [name]Even[/name] though [name]Noah[/name] is popular, I think it’s very handsome.

[name]Noah[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name] [name]Scott[/name]: I love the flow of this! :slight_smile:

[name]Archer[/name] (for [name]Archie[/name])
[name]Calvin[/name]
[name]Dexter[/name]
[name]Edward[/name]
[name]Gideon[/name]
[name]Gabriel[/name]
[name]Henry[/name]
[name]Kellan[/name]
[name]Leo[/name]
[name]Milo[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Simon[/name]
[name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Xavier[/name]

Girls:

[name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Nathalie[/name] [name]Scott[/name]: [name]How[/name] pretty!

[name]Baya[/name] [name]Wilhelmina[/name] [name]Scott[/name]: I think this is pretty, too, but I’m wondering if pronunciation issues may arise.

[name]Paris[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Scott[/name]: I prefer your other choices, because I think of [name]Paris[/name] [name]Hilton[/name]. (Also, [name]Paris[/name] ends in an S and [name]Scott[/name] begins with one, so they cancel each other out to my ear.)

[name]Opal[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Scott[/name]: I love [name]Opal[/name] and [name]Elizabeth[/name], but I have a hard time saying the combo due to the L’s in both names.

[name]Lena[/name] [name]Wilhelmina[/name] [name]Scott[/name]: I love both names, but when they’re together, I hear the rhyming eena Wilhelmeena

Names you may like (I’ll try to use two syllables)

[name]Cora[/name]/[name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Celia[/name] (I think your last name sounds great with longer first names…)
[name]Clover[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Esme[/name]
[name]Flora[/name] (although A-endings blend with [name]Scott[/name]…)
[name]Genevieve[/name] (nn [name]Evie[/name])
[name]Gemma[/name] (jem-ma)
[name]Georgia[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name] (like [name]Opal[/name])
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Isla[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Lila[/name]
[name]Laurel[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Marielle[/name]
[name]Mirabelle[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name] (along the lines of [name]Opal[/name])
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]

Best wishes to you, [name]Olympia[/name]! (I love your name!) :slight_smile:

I really like the idea of [name]Archer[/name] as a place for [name]Archie[/name] to come from.
As for the girl names:
because your last name starts with an S, I would avoid any names that end in A. All I’m hearing is Bayas Cot, and Leenus Cot, for example. And I agree with [name]Jill[/name] about the S on the end of [name]Paris[/name] blending into [name]Scott[/name] as well.

Hello. My husband and I are expecting our first child, and the due date is late [name]November[/name]. We haven’t narrowed our list down quite yet, but here are some of our favorites and possible middles.

Our children were both born in late [name]November[/name]!

Boys:

[name]Archie[/name] [name]Lyman[/name] [name]Scott[/name] (not sure whether to go with just [name]Archie[/name] or [name]Archibald[/name]. Not a big fan of [name]Archibald[/name], but I really like [name]Arch[/name] as a nickname if he grows out of [name]Archie[/name]) - His full name could be [name]Archer[/name]. I love the name [name]Archer[/name]!
[name]Noah[/name] [name]Lyman[/name] [name]Scott[/name] - I love [name]Noah[/name], too, but it is very popular. Also when kids get to be in elementary school they say, “Nooo-ah” all day long. They are trying to say no, but it comes out Nooo-ah. This phenomenon would stop me from naming my son [name]Noah[/name]. My daughter and my niece said Noooo-ah non-stop, all day. It was awful. I don’t remember my son saying it. Maybe it’s a girl thing.
[name]Noah[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name] [name]Scott[/name] - see above comment.

Girls:

[name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Nathalie[/name] [name]Scott[/name] - this is kind of pleasant. I love both [name]Ingrid[/name] and [name]Nathalie[/name], but I’m not sure I like them together.
[name]Baya[/name] [name]Wilhelmina[/name] [name]Scott[/name] - I don’t think the styles of [name]Baya[/name] and [name]Wilhelmina[/name] match. Let’s see what the other posters say.
[name]Paris[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Scott[/name] - I would avoid [name]Paris[/name] because of [name]Paris[/name] [name]Hilton[/name].
[name]Opal[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Scott[/name] - very cool.
[name]Lena[/name] [name]Wilhelmina[/name] [name]Scott[/name] - I would not mix [name]Lena[/name] and [name]Wilhelmina[/name]. They rhyme.

Ideas:
[name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Scott[/name]
[name]Helena[/name] [name]Briar[/name] [name]Scott[/name] nn [name]Lena[/name]
[name]Wilhelmina[/name] [name]Jane[/name] [name]Scott[/name] nn [name]Lena[/name]

I definitely prefer [name]Noah[/name] to [name]Archie[/name], but it’s kind of popular. [name]Noah[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name] is cute, though.

Of the girl names, [name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Nathalie[/name] is definitely my favorite. Not a lot of people love [name]Ingrid[/name], but I think its so cute. I [name]ADORE[/name] [name]Nathalie[/name]. [name]Love[/name] it. I’d use it but my husbands not a huge fan… I’d prefer [name]Nathalie[/name] [name]Ingrid[/name]. [name]Nathalie[/name] is so underused but so adorable.

Good [name]Luck[/name]!

[name]Just[/name] ran [name]Archer[/name] by DH, and his initial impulse is to like it (he has to mull over these names for a few days and type them in every font possible before he ok’s any), but that’s a good sign. I like it (not love), but definitely more than [name]Archibald[/name]. I just [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Archie[/name], but don’t think its substantial enough. While I recognize [name]Noah[/name]'s popularity, I love the name! DH is willing to ignore the popularity, but I’m with some of you guys on this one; I don’t want him to have to go by [name]Noah[/name] S. for the rest of his life. Also, the “nooo-ah” thing. I’ve heard my brother’s daughter say it that way, but I’m not too worried about it.

From your boy suggestions, I love [name]Calvin[/name], like [name]Gabriel[/name] and [name]Simon[/name]. Is [name]Calvin[/name] too connected to the [name]Calvin[/name] and [name]Hobbs[/name] comic?

I do see the run-in with [name]Paris[/name] [name]Scott[/name] and the bad connection with [name]Paris[/name] [name]Hilton[/name], but [name]Paris[/name] (the city) is very, very important to DH & I. But, I’m not in love with the name, so… [name]Ingrid[/name] is my first choice so far. I like the idea of [name]Wilhelmina[/name] [something - not a fan of [name]Jane[/name]] [name]Scott[/name], with the nn [name]Lena[/name] (was actually pronouncing it [name]Lay[/name]-na, which I guess just shows how many pronunciation issues it would have).

Out of your girl suggestions, I like [name]Wilhelmina[/name] as a fn and I sort of like [name]Cora[/name]. What do you think of [name]Nora[/name] / Norian (pn [name]NOR[/name]-ee-in?) I sort of like Norian [name]Scott[/name], nn [name]Nora[/name].

Thanks to jill - my parents were “free spirits” when it came to naming. My brother’s name is [name]Indigo[/name], but luckily he went by [name]Indy[/name] and got some respect that way since every little boy wanted to be [name]Indiana[/name] [name]Jones[/name] when we were growing up. [name]Olympia[/name] was a little tough to hold as a kid, but I definitely like it now.

Thank you for all the responses! Very helpful :slight_smile:

~ [name]Olympia[/name]

[name]Hi[/name] there! I think [name]Archie[/name] is darling, too, and when I saw photos of [name]Amy[/name] Pohler’s baby boy, [name]Archie[/name] ([name]Archibald[/name]), I loved it even more. I hope your husband likes [name]Archer[/name]!

I really love [name]Calvin[/name], and I personally don’t associate it with [name]Calvin[/name] and [name]Hobbs[/name]. I know of one darling baby [name]Calvin[/name], and I think it’s such a handsome name. (I think [name]Calvin[/name] [name]Scott[/name] is great!) I really love Garbriel and [name]Simon[/name], too.

If you go with [name]Archer[/name], I really like [name]Archer[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name] [name]Scott[/name].

I think [name]Nora[/name] is lovely (I love it as a nickname for [name]Eleanor[/name] and [name]Eleanora[/name]). I’ve heard of [name]Dorian[/name], but not Norian, and am not sure what to think of it. It doesn’t have a trendy feel to me, but I guess I keep thinking of [name]Dorian[/name]. I’d personally use [name]Eleanor/name to get [name]Nora[/name], but I do like the sound of Norian [name]Scott[/name].

I knew a wonderful [name]Olympia[/name] in college, so I have great associations with the name. :slight_smile:

Have a good night! :slight_smile:

[name]Amy[/name] Pohler’s baby is named [name]Archie[/name]??? I knew it was a celebrity, but couldn’t remember which one. But I love [name]Amy[/name] Pohler!!! This makes [name]Archie[/name] even more wonderful to me. DH is still in his testing phase with [name]Archer[/name], but last night we talked about middle names, so I might start another page to see what everyone thinks (we have a lot of mn possibilities).

[name]Calvin[/name] [name]Scott[/name] does have a nice ring to it…I think it’ll be on our back up list in case our little boy is born looking nothing like an [name]Archie[/name].

I’m not sure where I originally heard of Norian, but I like it. I know an adorable [name]Darian[/name], so I guess [name]Dorian[/name] doesn’t sound bad or have a negative association for me…[name]Eleanora[/name] is pretty, but DH had an ex named [name]Ellie[/name], so I’m not sure he would feel comfortable with her friends possibly calling her [name]Ellie[/name] (even if we insist on [name]Nora[/name]). [name]Do[/name] you think [name]Nora[/name] could stand on its own?

I’m glad the other Olympias of the world are keeping our good name up :slight_smile:

Thanks again!

~ [name]Olympia[/name]

[name]Just[/name] wanted to say that I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Darian[/name], it is so handsome, so underused and wonderful.

If you are going to choose an [name]Arch[/name] name I think the smartest one is [name]Archer[/name], it has really classic ring to it. I think that you will find a lot of Archies at school in the next few years.

Re [name]Nora[/name] As a stand alone name I think the spelling should be [name]Norah[/name]. I much prefer [name]Eleanor[/name] though.

[name]Hi[/name]! :slight_smile: Yep! [name]Amy[/name] Pohler’s ADORABLE baby is [name]Archie[/name] ([name]Archibald[/name]). His last name is [name]Arnett[/name] (I may have spelled it wrong), so he’s [name]Archie[/name] [name]Arnett[/name].

[name]Ah[/name]…I’m with you on [name]Eleanor/name! I definitely think that [name]Nora[/name] can stand on its own, but if you’d like a longer source, you may like:

[name]Annora[/name]
[name]Honora[/name]
[name]Honor[/name] (sounds blunt with your last name, though…)
[name]Leonora[/name]

I know you have middle names set aside, but just for fun, I think the following are nice with [name]Archer[/name] (just avoid middle names beginning with S) :-):

[name]Archer[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Scott[/name]
[name]Archer[/name] [name]Donovan[/name] [name]Scott[/name]
[name]Archer[/name] [name]Elliot[/name] [name]Scott[/name] (not the best with the T endings)
[name]Archer[/name] [name]Finnian[/name] [name]Scott[/name]
[name]Archer[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name] [name]Scott[/name]
[name]Archer[/name] [name]Gideon[/name] [name]Scott[/name]
[name]Archer[/name] [name]Maxfield[/name] [name]Scott[/name]
[name]Archer[/name] [name]Quilliam[/name] [name]Scott[/name]
[name]Archer[/name] [name]William[/name] [name]Scott[/name]

[name]Olympia[/name], I just realized that when I say [name]Nora[/name] [name]Scott[/name] aloud, I’m hearing Norras Cott. Are you hearing this, too? It may just be me, but I thought I’d mention it!

Take Care! :slight_smile:

My favorites from your list:
[name]Noah[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name] [name]Scott[/name]
[name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Nathalie[/name] [name]Scott[/name]

Have you considered using a French name if [name]Paris[/name] is important to you? Or you could use the name of one of the areas of [name]Paris[/name], eg. :
[name]Louis[/name] - Ile [name]Saint[/name]-[name]Louis[/name]
[name]Honora[/name] - [name]Rue[/name] [name]Saint[/name]-[name]Honor[/name]”
Marais - le Marais
[name]Michael[/name]/[name]Michaela[/name]/[name]Michelle[/name] - Boulevard [name]Saint[/name]-[name]Michel[/name] (near the Sorbonne)
[name]Madeleine[/name] - Place de la [name]Madeleine[/name].

[name]Just[/name] an idea … good luck!

[name]Archie[/name] [name]Arnett[/name] is such an adorable name. The hard ‘t’ sound at the end of the last name sounds great with [name]Archie[/name] (as with [name]Archie[/name] [name]Scott[/name]!)

I really like [name]Honora[/name], especially since it has [name]Nora[/name] as nn, and, as twinkle suggested, it can be derived from a street name in Pars. I also [name]LOVE[/name] the sound of [name]Archie[/name] and [name]Honora[/name] (if we have another baby). [name]Jill[/name], I do sort of get what you’re saying about the Norras Cott, but I don’t hear it when I say it. I take a slight pause between [name]Nora[/name] and [name]Scott[/name], so it doesn’t really run together for me. But, thanks for pointing that out, as other people could hear that.

Out of your suggestions, [name]Jill[/name], I really like [name]Archer[/name] [name]William[/name], [name]Archer[/name] [name]Maxfield[/name], and [name]Archer[/name] [name]Donovan[/name]. We could potentially use both [name]William[/name] or [name]Maxfield[/name], since the name of DH’s best friend (whom we were considering honoring) is [name]Paul[/name] Maxian, and DH’s paternal grandfather’s name is [name]William[/name].

Thank you!

[name]Archie[/name]/[name]Archibald[/name] is nms, but [name]Archer[/name] is such a sophisticated sounding idea! I hope your dh goes for it! Though I do prefer [name]Noah[/name]…I like [name]Noah[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name] [name]Scott[/name].
[name]Archer[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name] [name]Scott[/name] is very nice too (I prefer [name]Sebastian[/name] over [name]Lyman[/name], unless its a family name).

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Lena[/name] and [name]Nora/name. They are both lovely names. [name]Elizabeth[/name] is classic middle name as well. [name]Lena[/name] Wihelmina rhymes, so I’m not crazy about those two paired up.
[name]Lena[/name] [name]Ingrid[/name] [name]Scott[/name]
[name]Lena[/name] [name]Nathalie[/name] [name]Scott[/name]
[name]Lena[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Scott[/name]
[name]Nora[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Scott[/name]
[name]Nora[/name] [name]Opal[/name] [name]Scott[/name]

I really love [name]Honora[/name], too, and think it’s darling with [name]Archie[/name]. And how cool that [name]Honora[/name] can be connected to [name]Paris[/name]! (High fives to Twinkle for that!) :slight_smile: I’m glad [name]Nora[/name] [name]Scott[/name] works for you, too. I think it’s very pretty.

[name]Archer[/name] [name]Maxfield[/name] may work? That’s great! I think it’s VERY handsome. I love [name]Archer[/name] [name]William[/name] and [name]Archer[/name] [name]Donovan[/name], too. Has your husband decided if [name]Archer[/name] stays or goes?

(Good luck on your new cow!) :slight_smile:

Have a good day! :slight_smile:

High fives [name]Jill[/name] right back

[name]Archer[/name] is lovely, too and I’m so glad you like [name]Honora[/name], [name]Olympia[/name], because it was my favourite of my suggestions :smiley:

And I agree, [name]Archer[/name] and [name]Honora[/name] are adorable together!

I have some good news for all you guys who’ve been helping me out with this big decision…

DH has agreed to both [name]Archer[/name] and [name]Honora[/name]!!! (nn [name]Archie[/name] & [name]Nora[/name]) He was always as enthusiastic as I was about [name]Archie[/name], but needed some time with [name]Archer[/name]. He said when he saw it on this one birth announcement, it was so perfect. :slight_smile: So, we’re settled with our first names and it just makes me so excited and happy! We’ll probably be taking in [name]Calvin[/name] & [name]Gabriel[/name] and [name]Ingrid[/name] & [name]Opal[/name] when the baby’s born just in case.

Now, I’m going to gather our lists of middle name possibilities for both little [name]Archie[/name] and [name]Nora[/name], and probably make another forum some time this evening.

Thanks so much you guys!

~ [name]Olympia[/name]

I’m so glad your husband agreed! [name]Lovely[/name] names …