First Impression!

I just finished reading Pnin by [name]Vladimir[/name] Nabokov. Pnin’s first love interest in [name]Russia[/name] is named [name]Mira[/name] (meer-a). I think I love it. It seems easy enough to pronounce and spell without being trendy. Nameberry says it’s latin for “admirable” which makes me like it even more. What do y’all think of it though? What was your first impression when you read the name?

I think it is very pretty and has a beautiful ring to it!

I really like it!

[name]Mira[/name] is very pretty and it’s feminine without being frilly. [name]Love[/name]!

I went to high school with a girl named [name]Mira[/name]…it’s a very pretty and simple name!

Reminds me of mirror, but it’s still nice. I prefer [name]Amira[/name] though…

It’s a really pretty name and it’s a pretty common one but in Spanish it means look.

It’s very pretty and could be a lovely nickname also for [name]Miranda[/name]

You guys are boosting my love for it! Thanks for responding! Maybe just on the west coast it’s not popular? Because I had never heard before. Annnnd it’s #856 on the list lol. I really like [name]Amira[/name] too! Thanks for that suggestion.

[name]Mira[/name] is nice and I’m very partial to Russian names. I prefer other Russian names to this one, but this one would be easily assimilated when used in [name]America[/name]. It feels a little less flowy, and a little clunky with my American accent. But its a nice name. Although I don’t own a crystal ball, I see how it could rise in popularity in the future.

I like it, nicer than Mirabel. Simple but still very feminine and sweet.

Though in Spanish it means 'Look!" don’t know if that puts you off.

I like it. Nice name.