First Impressions of Damien?

What is your first impression of [name_m]Damien[/name_m]? I’m trying to convince OH that it isn’t too tied to the movie The Omen. Is it still usable despite the connection?

I know a guy in his 30’s named [name_m]Damien[/name_m].

It’s all right. I’ll admit it does have a tad bit of a “devil child” ring to it, but once you know someone with the name that fades.

I personally prefer [name_u]Darien[/name_u].

Totally usable. I think [name_m]Damien[/name_m] is a great boys name. Very handsome.

I tie it to the movie. I might feel suspicious of someone with that name (unintentionally).

When I read the thread title my mind immediately thought of the Omen. But I do know someone named [name_m]Damien[/name_m] and I don’t’ think I ever made the connection to the movie with him. Its very different when you meet someone with a name then just hear a name as an idea, if that makes sense. I think it’s usable for sure.

Used to work with someone with a son named [name_m]Damien[/name_m] and I think its a bit tied to the movie for me I hate to say it, intrinsically I think its a good name but after that movie I find I think if it in connection with Demon and then when I say [name_m]Damien[/name_m] I think Demon, similar word so it really stuck on there for me, also Dame like a Dame or Damn and so on… For some reason I dislink this name now and can’t get past it, but separate the sounds are good. If it bothers your husband too might want to consider [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] or Something else similar.

But not [name_u]Dorian[/name_u] that one is too tied to [name_u]Dorian[/name_u] [name_u]Grey[/name_u] :-/ I had too much dark media as a youth :frowning:

I played with [name_u]Darien[/name_u] briefly before a friend pointed out that it was similar to a durian fruit and that’s all I can think of now.

I feel like dark media can be some of the best. I have a love of [name_u]Poe[/name_u] that my friends don’t understand.
I’ve loved [name_m]Damien[/name_m] for about seven years now and the meaning of the name itself is nice to me; same with [name_m]Malachi[/name_m], although the character ruined for me. But I don’t run into that problem with [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] or [name_m]Job[/name_m]. [name_u]Dorian[/name_u] immediately conjures [name_u]Dorian[/name_u] [name_u]Grey[/name_u] but I’m not sure how I feel about the name itself.

I don’t actually know of the movie, so [name_m]Damien[/name_m] has none of that association for me. I like the name [name_m]Damien[/name_m].

i think devil worshiper that eats unborn children. :frowning: lol, just kiddin’

I’ve never seen the movie and not even sure what it’s about, but I don’t like the name [name_m]Damien[/name_m] anyway, it sounds unattractive to me.

[name_m]Damien[/name_m]… not really my cuppa. So no. Kid in my class with that name, not the brightest bulb though.

Thanks everyone.
I guess I’ll let [name_m]Damien[/name_m] sit on the shelf a bit longer.

I’ve never seen The Omen.

A few girls I grew up with named their sons [name_m]Damian[/name_m]. It suits the boys just fine and I’m not sure many people in real life actually have the movie association.

Haha, I have an uncle named [name_m]Damien[/name_m] - he goes by Damo sometimes, and others just [name_m]Damien[/name_m]. I actually really like it and have been considering adding it to the list for a while. But I haven’t seen the Omen, so I dunno, sorry.

I think of a little troublemaking boy when I think of [name_m]Damien[/name_m]. That may not turn you off, but something to think about :stuck_out_tongue:

Knowing how my husband was as a kid I wouldn’t be surprised at all if our kid was misheavous so that’s not a huge turn off for me.

I used to love the [name_m]Damian[/name_m] spelling, but kind of played it out on myself. I still think [name_m]Damien[/name_m] is a great name, though. Definitely usable.

I think it’s an edgy, cool name. Maybe because the only guy I know with this name is a punk rocker. But also something about the name, I think… I love it. I think the spelling [name_m]Damian[/name_m] looks slightly less “evil”. :smiley:

I saw parts of The Omen when I was 11, and I kind of freaked out. So, unfortunately, [name_m]Damien[/name_m] still has demonic associations for me.