First Impressions of these names?

I’m looking for a unique and upbeat name for a sister for Beatrix nn Bee, and am wondering what Berrie’s first impressions are of the names:

Minerva - nn Minnie
Dolores - nn Dee
Estela - Stella

? :slight_smile:

1 Like

[name_f]Minerva[/name_f] nn [name_f]Minnie[/name_f] is excellent!! I’m not sure if you’re looking for suggestions, but I’ll list a few that have just popped to mind!

[name_f]Lavinia[/name_f] nn [name_u]Vinnie[/name_u]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] nn [name_f]Lissy[/name_f] or [name_f]Flick[/name_f]
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] nn Phia
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] nn [name_f]Nell[/name_f]
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f] nn [name_u]Jo[/name_u]
[name_f]Harriet[/name_f] nn [name_f]Harrie[/name_f] or [name_f]Hattie[/name_f]
[name_u]Florence[/name_u] nn [name_f]Flossie[/name_f] or [name_f]Flo[/name_f]
[name_f]Annabel[/name_f] nn [name_f]Belle[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorite of these is [name_f]Minerva[/name_f]! I think it feels sophisticated but fun, and the nn [name_f]Minnie[/name_f] makes it feel more familiar and spunky
I also really love [name_f]Dolores[/name_f], my only concern being that [name_f]Bee[/name_f] and [name_f]Dee[/name_f] are very close and might get confusing.
Estella/Stella aren’t my personal style but I think they go well with [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] and have the right vibe! (:

1 Like

I do love [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] and the nn options of [name_u]Fee[/name_u] and [name_f]Leah[/name_f]. [name_f]My[/name_f] thought s with [name_f]Dolores[/name_f] and [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] is that they both have sorrowful connotations. (Ophelia in [name_m]Hamlet[/name_m] and [name_f]Dolores[/name_f] means [name_f]Lady[/name_f] of Sorrows!) I wonder if those meanings are tainting my view. I LOVE [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] but a super close relative is called that. [name_u]Florence[/name_u] and [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] are very special. I like [name_f]Lavinia[/name_f] and its Latin vibe but I wonder if Brits will associate it with “the lav” (toilet!) x

Yes you are right [name_f]Bee[/name_f] and [name_f]Dee[/name_f] are very close - maybe too twinsy. [name_f]Minnie[/name_f] is very cute x

[name_f]Minerva[/name_f] maybe [name_f]Erva[/name_f]
Doroleres - [name_u]Dory[/name_u]
[name_f]Estela[/name_f] - Stell

1 Like

[name_f]Estela[/name_f] is gorgeous!! I do slightly prefer the [name_f]Estella[/name_f] sp!

1 Like

I love [name_f]Estela[/name_f]! [name_u]Or[/name_u] [name_f]Estella[/name_f]?

But [name_f]Estela[/name_f] definitely if your heritage is Spanish because of pronunciation.

1 Like

I’d go [name_f]Minerva[/name_f] nn [name_f]Minnie[/name_f]
[name_f]Minnie[/name_f] and [name_f]Bee[/name_f] sounds super cute!

1 Like

Since [name_f]Dolores[/name_f] means “sorrows”, I wouldn’t choose that if I wanted something upbeat. And since Beatrix/Bee is such a happy name, I agree that we should be looking for something upbeat. I think [name_f]Minnie[/name_f] from your list is very sprightly and fun. I like [name_f]Minerva[/name_f] less than [name_f]Minnie[/name_f]. Maybe [name_f]Melina[/name_f]? It means “honey”, which is super fun with [name_f]Bee[/name_f]. There’s also the option of [name_f]Lina[/name_f] with that name, too, which I like as much as [name_f]Minnie[/name_f]. Maybe even more.

1 Like

[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] & [name_f]Minerva[/name_f] make such a brilliant sibling-duo - somehow both classy and elegant as well as peppy and fun. [name_f]Bee[/name_f] & [name_f]Minnie[/name_f] are very sweet together, too. Definitely my pick of the three.

1 Like

I think as far as upbeat sounding [name_f]Estela[/name_f] might be the only one that qualifies on your list. [name_f]Minerva[/name_f] and [name_f]Dolores[/name_f] are faves of mine but they’re not exactly poppy names.

For [name_f]Minnie[/name_f], [name_f]Yasmina[/name_f] is more on the upbeat side.
For [name_f]Dee[/name_f], [name_f]Candida[/name_f] or [name_f]Calandria[/name_f] might be better.

then again if you only care about poppy nicknames than [name_f]Minerva[/name_f] and [name_f]Dolores[/name_f] can stick around just as well.

1 Like