First list for twins

I already have a couple of posts but I thought I would start a new one with some of the names we are considering to get a few opinions… hope thats alright :slight_smile:
my husband and I are expecting identical twin girls in late [name]October[/name]/early [name]November[/name] and are very stuck on names!
We need names that would wwork in [name]France[/name] as we may move there at a later date, though they do not need to be distinctly French.
We want two names that sound beautiful in English and aren’t too popular. Our other children’s names are [name]Odette[/name], [name]Liliane[/name] ([name]Lilou[/name]), [name]Maxence[/name] ([name]Max[/name]) and [name]Evenie[/name].

We would love comments on the names we have so far:
(note: the first 5 names are very popular in [name]France[/name], and the last 8 are very rare in [name]France[/name])

[name]Maelle[/name]
[name]Elsa[/name]
[name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Olivia[/name]
[name]Mathilde[/name]
[name]Mathilda[/name]
[name]Leila[/name]
Jospehine
[name]Isabelle[/name]
[name]Rosetta[/name]
[name]Cleo[/name]
[name]Clea[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
Perles (French for [name]Pearl[/name])
[name]Juliana[/name]
[name]Francesca[/name]
[name]Geraldine[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Claudie[/name]
[name]Theodora[/name]
[name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Arabella[/name]

Sorry about the long list!!
Ideas for combos and further suggestions would be highly appriciated as well!
Thankyou!!!

[name]Hi[/name]!

[name]Maelle[/name] - I’m not sure if this sounds beautiful in English, to be honest. I like some of the other choices better!
[name]Elsa[/name] - [name]Love[/name] [name]Elsa[/name], but I have a problem with sibling names starting with the same letter. It’s an OCD thing. Ha!
[name]Elodie[/name] - Like this a lot, but same issue as [name]Elsa[/name]…
[name]Olivia[/name] - This is very popular everywhere. Would you consider [name]Livia[/name]?
[name]Mathilde[/name] - [name]Love[/name] this! But, it begins with an M!
[name]Mathilda[/name] - I prefer [name]Mathilde[/name], honestly…
[name]Leila[/name] - L! Double L names are getting rather popular, too. Pretty, though!
Jospehine - Aw, [name]Josephine[/name] is pretty! Would she be nicknamed [name]Josie[/name] or something? Cute!
[name]Isabelle[/name] - So very popular, but also really elegant and feminine. [name]Isabeau[/name] would be unique, too.
[name]Rosetta[/name] - [name]Love[/name] this! [name]Rosina[/name] is gorgeous as well. The added A makes it less similar to [name]Odette[/name], which is good!
[name]Cleo[/name] - Feels a bit on the nickname side, but cute.
[name]Clea[/name] - Less of a nickname. Feels perky and feminine like your girls’ names! Like this.
[name]Eliza[/name] - One of my favorites, but it feels more classic and common than your kids’ names.
Perles (French for [name]Pearl[/name]) - Hm. This could be odd in English because it sounds like the plural of pearl to me…
[name]Juliana[/name] - Pretty name! I think I like [name]Juliet[/name] more, but this is really pretty.
[name]Francesca[/name] - Great name! [name]Love[/name] this with your kids’ names, too!
[name]Geraldine[/name] - Feels a bit on the heavy side, to be honest. Not in love. Sorry!
[name]Matilda[/name] - [name]Mathilde[/name] works better with your kids’ names, I think.
[name]Gemma[/name] - Cute! But, it feels a bit more on the popular side because of [name]Emma[/name]‘s popularity…
[name]Claudie[/name] - Pretty name, and it fits perfectly with your kids’ names, too. Great choice!
[name]Theodora[/name] - Again, another heavy choice. I think I prefer [name]Theodore[/name] for a boy.
[name]Pearl[/name] - Cute, but maybe for a middle name? Seems a bit short next to your kids’ names.
[name]Ruby[/name] - Cute and classic, and I like it with your girls’ names! [name]Rubina[/name] would be nice, too, with [name]Ruby[/name] as a nickname.
[name]Arabella[/name] - [name]Love[/name] this! Great with the girls’ names! Really one of my favorites…

Maybe you’d like [name]Sylvie[/name] or [name]Jessamine[/name]? Of yours, I like [name]Josephine[/name], [name]Rosetta[/name], [name]Clea[/name], [name]Juliana[/name], [name]Francesca[/name], [name]Gemma[/name], [name]Claudie[/name], [name]Ruby[/name], and [name]Arabella[/name] most. [name]Josephine[/name] and [name]Francesca[/name] pair nicely, as do [name]Rosetta[/name] and [name]Claudie[/name], [name]Arabella[/name] and [name]Ruby[/name], and [name]Juliana[/name] and [name]Clea[/name].

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

Some combos that I think sound good together:
[name]Claudie[/name] and [name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Francesca[/name] and [name]Arabella[/name]
[name]Elsa[/name] and [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Isabelle[/name] and [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Olivia[/name] and [name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Theodora[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] and [name]Leila[/name]

My favorite off your list is [name]Elodie[/name] but I think it is too similar to [name]Evenie[/name].

Others you might like:
[name]Esme[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name]
[name]Juliette[/name]
[name]Sylvie[/name]
[name]Gabrielle[/name]
[name]Camille[/name]

Aww I love your children’s names so much :slight_smile: And some great choices for this new baby! I just had to comment when I saw [name]Claudie[/name] on the list because it is me and my partner’s number 1 favourite name :slight_smile:

[name]Maelle[/name] - how is this pronounced? Is it [name]May[/name]-elle? If it is, that’s pretty but I think in English speaking countries there’s potential for ‘male’ teasing.

[name]Elsa[/name] - lovely, and love the nn [name]Elsie[/name] but do you want another E name? I think it’d be lovely for this baby to have an individual initial like the other children since you have so many other great choices.

[name]Elodie[/name] - love this too, so much! But again very similar to [name]Evenie[/name].

[name]Olivia[/name] - seems a little plain and popular compared to your other childrens names. Maybe [name]Livia[/name], [name]Olive[/name] or [name]Livana[/name] would work better?

[name]Mathilde[/name]/[name]Mathilda[/name] - I love both of these, especially [name]Mathilda[/name] but it seems a little clunky compared to your other daughters’ names.

[name]Leila[/name] - lovely sweet name but just not as special or sophisticated as your other names, you’ve set the bar high!

[name]Josephine[/name] - another gorgeous name but like [name]Mathilda[/name], feels clunky.

[name]Isabelle[/name] - like [name]Olivia[/name], pretty name but a bit too popular and mainstream

[name]Rosetta[/name] - I love this name! And [name]Rose[/name], [name]Rosa[/name] or [name]Rosie[/name] would be such cute nn’s. I also think [name]Rosalie[/name] or [name]Rosanna[/name] would be gorgeous.

[name]Cleo[/name] - lovely name but a bit short and not as elegant as your other names

[name]Clea[/name] - I think the “a” ending makes it more sophisticated than [name]Cleo[/name] so this works better. Good choice!

[name]Eliza[/name] - don’t love it and again another E name

Perles - stunning name! Could run into pronounciation problems in English speaking countries.

[name]Juliana[/name] - lovely name, one of my favs and works well with your childrens names. [name]Juliette[/name] would be gorgeous too.

[name]Francesca[/name] - one of my favourite names :slight_smile: my best friends name, we call her Cesc or Cesca but [name]Frankie[/name] is adorable too!

[name]Geraldine[/name] - I’m sorry I don’t like this one at all, it seems really dated and frumpy sorry!

[name]Matilda[/name] - same as [name]Mathilda[/name] though for some reason I’ve always prefered the [name]Mathilda[/name] spelling.

[name]Gemma[/name] - really beautiful choice! One of my favs. My sister’s name is [name]Jemma[/name] though I prefer the G spelling. Beautiful name, elegant but not [name]OTT[/name].

[name]Claudie[/name] - my favourite name in the world, can’t say much more than that! I love this name, cute, spunky but with a certain elegance.

[name]Theodora[/name] - lovely name, one of my favs. [name]Love[/name] the nn [name]Thea[/name]. [name]Althea[/name], [name]Anthea[/name] etc would be sweet too.

[name]Pearl[/name] - I love this name, so cute and sleek.

[name]Ruby[/name] - this has never been one of my fav names not sure why, cute enough name though.

[name]Arabella[/name] - gorgeous feminine name, I really love this one.

So my favs are [name]Rosetta[/name], [name]Clea[/name], [name]Juliana[/name], [name]Francesca[/name], [name]Gemma[/name], [name]Claudie[/name], [name]Theodora[/name], [name]Pearl[/name]/Perles, [name]Arabella[/name].

I’d pair them like this: [name]Claudie[/name] and Perles, [name]Claudie[/name] and [name]Gemma[/name], [name]Gemma[/name] and [name]Clea[/name], [name]Clea[/name] and [name]Pearl[/name], [name]Arabella[/name] and [name]Francesca[/name], [name]Arabella[/name] and [name]Juliana[/name], [name]Francesca[/name] and [name]Juliana[/name], [name]Juliana[/name] and [name]Rosetta[/name], [name]Theodora[/name] and [name]Francesca[/name], [name]Theodora[/name] and [name]Rosetta[/name].

I’ve starred my favs :slight_smile: My top two choices would be [name]Arabella[/name] and [name]Francesca[/name] or [name]Claudie[/name] and [name]Gemma[/name] :slight_smile:

Best of luck!

Sorry, expanding on my above post, I really like:

[name]Arabella[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] and [name]Francesca[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] (lovely [name]Gem[/name] middle name connection).

[name]Gemma[/name] [name]Juliette[/name] and [name]Claudie[/name] [name]Rosetta[/name] (joint ett sounds in the middle name)

[name]Gemma[/name] [name]Elodie[/name] and [name]Claudie[/name] [name]Isabelle[/name]

First may I say that your children have wonderful names. I doubt you need much help. However, from your list I really love [name]Claudie[/name] & [name]Josephine[/name]. They just really stuck out. [name]Francesca[/name] and [name]Juliana[/name] are also nice.

Best of [name]Luck[/name]!

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Elodie[/name] - so beautiful!

Thankyou you so much for all the responses!!!

I must say, none of the names we have though of so far seem “perfect” but at the moment our favourites are looking like [name]Mathilde[/name], Jospehine, [name]Clea[/name], [name]Eliza[/name], [name]Juliana[/name], [name]Francesca[/name] and [name]Claudie[/name]

Some combos we are considering are
[name]Juliana[/name] and [name]Francesca[/name] ([name]Jules[/name] and [name]Frankie[/name])
[name]Clea[/name] and [name]Josephine[/name] ([name]Josie[/name])
[name]Mathilde[/name] and [name]Claudie[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name] and [name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Mathilde[/name] and [name]Josephine[/name]

Still thinking though…