first little girl

So we are due any day now with our first baby - a girl… I’ve spent many an evening pouring over names and have narrowed it down to a few. We have decided on [name]Charlotte[/name] as a middle name (extremely popular we know but a family name on my husband’s side).
Here is the short list…
[name]Leona[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] ([name]Leona[/name] is a family name on my side)
[name]Simone[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] ([name]Simone[/name] also a family name on my side)
[name]Delphine[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Rosalyn[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Bryony[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]

Thoughts???

I like your list, but it really helps to know the first letter/sound of your last name and how many syllables are in your last name. Or, if you want, you can just tell us what your last name is. My preference for any particular first name depends a lot on the last name it’s paired with.

Congratualtions!
You have a great list. My favorites are [name]Leona[/name] or [name]Rosalyn[/name].
Good luck! :slight_smile:

Last name is 2 syllables and starts with B

OK, so with “[name]Bowen[/name]” (stand-in last name with same first letter to yours), I like

[name]Leona[/name] [name]Bowen[/name]
[name]Rosalyn[/name] [name]Bowen[/name]
[name]Bryony[/name] [name]Bowen[/name] – my favorite. I love the alliteration with the two B names.

I really like 3-syllable first names paired with a 2-syll last name.

Great choices!

I think [name]Bryony[/name] is my favorite out of your names, but I don’t really care for alliteration. I then would have to say I like [name]Leona[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name].

This is tough! I guess I"m in the minority here…Byrony is my least favorite! I like [name]Delphine[/name], [name]Simone[/name] and [name]Roslyn[/name] in that order. [name]Leona[/name] is just okay for me. :slight_smile: GL!

I love [name]Bryony[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]! It sounds unique, classic, and beautiful.

I really like [name]Delphine[/name], [name]Bryony[/name] and [name]Rosalyn[/name] (in that order) Not a big fan of [name]Simone[/name] and [name]Leona[/name]. [name]Love[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]! Also, are there any nns you are thinking about?

love all the names except simone. They all sound good with the middle as well. You really cant go wrong.

Ooh, I love [name]Delphine[/name], because it’s so unusual, especially when paired with [name]Charlotte[/name], which I understand is becoming more popular. Plus that way you get a fun backwards initial set of D.C.B.

Thinking of…
[name]Leo[/name] or Lo as a nn for [name]Leona[/name]
[name]Del[/name] for [name]Delphine[/name]
[name]Mo[/name] for [name]Simone[/name]
Not crazy about [name]Roz[/name] for [name]Rosalyn[/name]
and no thoughts for [name]Bryony[/name]

[name]Bryony[/name] is hard to find a nickname for. I tried and ended up with [name]Bree[/name], [name]Brio[/name], [name]Bryn[/name], [name]Bo[/name], [name]Rio[/name], Nyo and [name]Nya[/name] as well as [name]Nyx[/name] like something of a joke since [name]Nyx[/name] is a name I love the concept and history of but think is to curt for me to actually use… I like it as an offbeat nickname though ^^
If it wasn’t already obvious, [name]Bryony[/name] is my favourite of your choices. B is such a fun letter, which means I actually like it with a B last name as well even though I generally don’t like alliteration :slight_smile:

My second fav is [name]Delphine[/name] which is also lovely, as well as the nickname [name]Dell[/name] ^^
For [name]Rosalyn[/name] I would use [name]Rose[/name], [name]Rosie[/name] or [name]Lyn[/name] for nn, maybe [name]Rosa[/name] as well…
The only name I don’t love is [name]Simone[/name], but I think [name]Simone[/name] has her own charm, it’s just not that charming to me personally… I love [name]Antonia[/name] though… :smiley:

Best of [name]Luck[/name]!

[name]Delphine[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] is absolutely gorgeous!

I love, love, love [name]Leona[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]! What a beautiful combination! It’s sophisticated, with a hint of sweet, southern flair.

[name]Leona[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] ([name]Leona[/name] is a family name on my side): I think this is beautiful, and I love the flow.

[name]Simone[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] ([name]Simone[/name] also a family name on my side): I love both names, but with [name]Charlotte[/name] in the middle and last name with two syllables, I think you need a longer first name to help the flow.

[name]Delphine[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]: See [name]Simone[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name].

[name]Rosalyn[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]: I think this is very pretty…

[name]Bryony[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]: I think this is gorgeous! I love alliteration, so I like [name]Bryony[/name] with a B last name.

With your last name, I think that [name]Leona[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Rosalyn[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name], and [name]Bryony[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] have the best flow. Out of these three, [name]Leona[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Bryony[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] are my favorites.

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

I think [name]Leona[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] has a lovely feel and flow:) Good [name]Luck[/name]!

[name]Simone[/name] is my pick :slight_smile:

I like [name]Leona[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] the best - 3 syllables is nice with middle and last name of 2, the flow with [name]Charlotte[/name] is divine and I like the nicknames for [name]Leona[/name] the best.

Good luck!

[name]Bryony[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] has the same cool vintage feel with a twist as [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] to me (I randomly made up that combination, and surprisingly I really love it!). I think it is really cute! [name]Bryony[/name] could be shortened to Bry, but I think B is a fine nickname for it, too. [name]Bryony[/name] “[name]Bowen[/name]” is cute, too!

Other than that, I like [name]Leona[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name], but I prefer [name]Leo[/name] names for the boys - [name]Leopold[/name], [name]Leonidas[/name], [name]Leonardo[/name], etc…