First Name for Amelie Lark?

Hello all,

My favorite middle names of all time, [name]Amelie[/name] (after the film) and [name]Lark[/name] (after my grandmother) need a first name! Here are some names I’ve toyed with; (______ [name]Amelie[/name] [name]Lark[/name])

[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Clemence[/name]
[name]Lucienne[/name]
[name]Ophelia[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name]

I like names that are not quite classic, sophisticated, yet have verve to them. Sort of like the names I imagine the families portrayed in [name]Tommy[/name] Hilfiger have.

thanks!

Of your list, I really like [name]Ophelia[/name]. This underused Shakespearean name really flows the best of the list with your chosen middle names.

I would also suggest [name]Susannah[/name], [name]Beatrice[/name], [name]Eliza[/name], [name]Theodora[/name], or even perhaps [name]Philippa[/name]. For some reason, I really enjoy the way a first name ending in a short “A” sound flows into [name]Amelie[/name].

Good luck!

I really like [name]Philippa[/name]! Granted, [name]Catherine[/name] Middleton’s sister has something to do with it. I like [name]Ophelia[/name] too, but the character in [name]Hamlet[/name] isn’t really a character I’d want to name anyone after. [name]Even[/name] if it is a beautiful name.

I’m adding Genevieve to the first name list.

I agree with your suggestion of the short “A” sound!

Any more ideas? :slight_smile:

My favourite of your choices is [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Amelie[/name] [name]Lark[/name] with [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Amelie[/name] [name]LArk[/name] in second.

Suggestions;

[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Amelie[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Sophie[/name] [name]Amelie[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Edith[/name] [name]Amelie[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Amelie[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Pearl[/name] [name]Amelie[/name] [name]LArk[/name]
[name]Xanthe[/name] [name]Amelie[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Willow[/name] [name]Amelie[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Francesca[/name] [name]Amelie[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Gillian[/name] [name]Amelie[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Nina[/name] [name]Amelie[/name] [name]Lark[/name]

I’ve also been considering taking out Amelie, just for the sake of “flow”. What would go with Lark that’s not popular, slightly classic, and quirky? Recently I’ve been liking French names, for some reason.

ETA: Nameberry says that Amelie means “energetic” while also saying it is a variation of Emily/Amelia, which means “rival”. Do they mean that Amelie is a more energetic sounding version of Emily?

[name]Amelie[/name] is much prettier than [name]Emily[/name] any day! I liked [name]Cordelia[/name] and [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Amelie[/name] [name]Lark[/name] myself.

I like [name]Daphne[/name] and [name]Clemence[/name] from you list!
Some other ideas:
[name]Christine[/name]
[name]Gabrielle[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name]
[name]Olive[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Sophie[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]