First Name for Brendan

[name_f]My[/name_f] husbands family have a tradition where they pass their first name down as their first sons middle name. I would love to honor that but it is so tough finding a name that works with [name_m]Brendan[/name_m]. Our last name is short and has a strong, long E.

Names we like are

• [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Ross[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Henry[/name_m]
  • [name_u]Basil[/name_u]
  • [name_u]Robin[/name_u]
  • [name_m]Robinson[/name_m]
  • [name_u]Orion[/name_u]
  • [name_u]Dean[/name_u]
  • [name_u]Beckett[/name_u]
  • [name_u]Emerson[/name_u]
  • [name_u]Van[/name_u], [name_m]Evander[/name_m]
  • [name_u]Everest[/name_u]
  • [name_u]Emmett[/name_u]
  • [name_u]Loren[/name_u]

Thank you for any suggestions!

You have a nice middle name to work with. We seldom say our first and middle names together so I would focus on finding the one you love the most that sounds great with your last name. Is your last name one syllable as it usually flows better with a two syllable first name but if it is two syllables, you will have a huge list to choose from? [name_f]My[/name_f] favourites are [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], [name_u]Loren[/name_u], and [name_m]Robinson[/name_m] (as long as you are okay with the nn Rob/Robby as it will likely get shortened).

I feel like most of these would work for [name_m]Brendan[/name_m] as a middle name! They all flow pretty well.

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorites are
[name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_m]Brendan[/name_m]
[name_u]Dean[/name_u] [name_m]Brendan[/name_m]
[name_u]Beckett[/name_u] [name_m]Brendan[/name_m]
[name_u]Emerson[/name_u] [name_m]Brendan[/name_m]
[name_u]Emmett[/name_u] [name_m]Brendan[/name_m]

[name_m]Theodore[/name_m], [name_m]Ross[/name_m], [name_u]Dean[/name_u], [name_u]Emmett[/name_u], [name_u]Everest[/name_u] and [name_m]Evander[/name_m] are great

[name_u]Luca[/name_u] [name_m]Brendan[/name_m]
[name_u]George[/name_u] [name_m]Brendan[/name_m]
Capsian [name_m]Brendan[/name_m]
[name_u]Jasper[/name_u] [name_m]Brendan[/name_m]
[name_m]Rafferty[/name_m] [name_m]Brendan[/name_m]
[name_m]Lysander[/name_m] [name_m]Brendan[/name_m]
[name_m]Atticus[/name_m] [name_m]Brendan[/name_m]
[name_m]Ethan[/name_m] [name_m]Brendan[/name_m]

I adore [name_m]Evander[/name_m], so from your list I would 100% do [name_m]Evander[/name_m] [name_m]Brendan[/name_m]. I also really like [name_u]Dean[/name_u] [name_m]Brendan[/name_m] and [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] [name_m]Brendan[/name_m].

Maybe [name_m]Jacques[/name_m]? I love this idea :slight_smile:

I actually think all names from your list will work with middle name [name_m]Brendan[/name_m].

[name_f]My[/name_f] last name is 2 syllables and ends in the “en” sound, so I feel your pain. Any -on, -en, -in, or -an ending name doesn’t sound great, leading me reluctantly away from [name_m]Winston[/name_m], [name_m]Ivan[/name_m], etc.

I agree with others who say the middle name doesn’t matter as much, but I’d still go with a different option if there were one I loved. I like [name_u]Everest[/name_u] the best with [name_m]Brendan[/name_m] from your list. It also sounds great with a short last name.