First name help! Back to the drawing board

Well, I thought we had some clarity on our boys name (we have a green baby on the way in September) but I guess we don’t. :woman_facepalming:t3::sweat_smile:

We were pretty set on either Roger or Clark for #3, but I’m not IN LOVE with either of them.

Big brothers are Roland and Linus!

Here’s our condensed list:
Vernon
John
Redford
Anders
Lee
Lane (husband likes it, i don’t)
Abram
Woodrow (i like it, husband doesn’t)
Clark
Fred
Ferris
Ike
Quinn or Quincy
Roger
Noble (love this but my husband has an association that he can’t get past😅)
Walden
Monty
Frank
Honor
Neil
Todd
Art
Allen
Weston
Barry
Ned

I realize there is basically no theme to this list. My husband suggested “Carey” this morning. :joy: We are all over the board. Open to suggestions!! We generally do not like trendy/popular names or anything with more than 2 syllables:)

Thanks!

3 Likes

I love [name_m]Ferris[/name_m], [name_u]Quincy[/name_u], [name_m]Monty[/name_m] and [name_m]Todd[/name_m] from your list!

how about …

[name_m]Ansel[/name_m]
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m]
[name_u]Francis[/name_u]
[name_m]Ralph[/name_m]
[name_m]Alfred[/name_m]
[name_m]Walter[/name_m]
[name_m]Clarence[/name_m]
[name_m]Ernest[/name_m]
[name_m]Eugene[/name_m]
[name_u]Darcy[/name_u]
[name_m]Fergus[/name_m]
[name_m]Rupert[/name_m]
[name_u]Roscoe[/name_u]
[name_m]Rainer[/name_m]
[name_m]Thatcher[/name_m]
[name_m]Edgar[/name_m]
[name_m]Pascal[/name_m]
[name_m]Peter[/name_m]
[name_m]Edmund[/name_m]
[name_u]Alden[/name_u]
[name_u]Clancy[/name_u]
[name_m]Orson[/name_m]
[name_m]Finnian[/name_m]
[name_m]Anton[/name_m]
[name_m]Conrad[/name_m]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m]
[name_m]Rufus[/name_m]
[name_u]Basil[/name_u]
[name_m]Simon[/name_m]
[name_m]Magnus[/name_m]
[name_m]Dashiell[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m]
[name_m]Cedric[/name_m]
[name_m]Vincent[/name_m]
[name_u]Corey[/name_u]
[name_u]Colby[/name_u]

1 Like

Realllyyy like:
Francis
Ralph*
Walter
Ernest
Darcy
Rupert
Peter*
Clancy

*have an association, but maybe I just need to get over it. Especially love Peter!!!(:heartpulse:) but my brother has had this joke about Peter for like 10 years and I think he’d die laughing if we chose that name.

1 Like

[name_m]Ferris[/name_m] or [name_u]Quincy[/name_u] would fit perfectly with your boys!

1 Like

Thank you! I’m surprised those two are getting so much love!

1 Like

I like [name_m]Ferris[/name_m], [name_m]Abram[/name_m], [name_u]Quincy[/name_u], [name_m]Walden[/name_m] and [name_m]Monty[/name_m] for you

I’ll suggest [name_m]Abel[/name_m], [name_m]Victor[/name_m], [name_m]Gethin[/name_m], [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m], [name_u]Murphy[/name_u], [name_m]Winston[/name_m], [name_m]Franklin[/name_m], [name_m]Clyde[/name_m], [name_m]Sylvester[/name_m], [name_m]Solomon[/name_m], [name_m]Edwin[/name_m]

1 Like

From you list I really love [name_m]Frank[/name_m], [name_m]Anders[/name_m], [name_u]Francis[/name_u], [name_m]Monty[/name_m] & [name_m]Ferris[/name_m]!

I’ll recommend [name_m]Gilbert[/name_m], [name_m]Edwin[/name_m], [name_u]Stanley[/name_u], [name_m]Darwin[/name_m], [name_m]Truman[/name_m], [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u], [name_u]Mercer[/name_u], [name_m]Walt[/name_m] (ik you have [name_m]Walter[/name_m] on your list but I think [name_m]Walt[/name_m] on its own is super cute & you can still use nn [name_u]Wally[/name_u] if you wanted!)

1 Like

From your list I really like:

[name_m]Redford[/name_m]
[name_m]Anders[/name_m]
[name_m]Woodrow[/name_m]
[name_u]Quincy[/name_u]
[name_m]Clark[/name_m]
[name_m]Walden[/name_m]
[name_m]Monty[/name_m]

Other suggestions:
[name_m]Victor[/name_m]
[name_m]Rupert[/name_m]
[name_m]Lowell[/name_m]
[name_u]Halston[/name_u]
[name_m]Calvin[/name_m]
[name_m]Warren[/name_m]
[name_m]Warner[/name_m]
[name_u]Percy[/name_u]
[name_m]Conrad[/name_m]
[name_m]Cormac[/name_m]
[name_m]Solomon[/name_m]
[name_m]Abner[/name_m]
[name_m]Aldo[/name_m]
[name_u]Amos[/name_u]
[name_m]Bram[/name_m]
[name_m]Ulysses[/name_m]
[name_m]Edmund[/name_m]
[name_m]Winston[/name_m]

1 Like

Such good suggestions thank you everyone!! So far I’m especially intrigued with:

Warner

Gilbert

Percy

Dale

Sterling

Sumner

Irving

Rupert

Sylvester

:heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse:

1 Like

Out of your list I’d eliminate these right away:

• any R names, so [name_m]Redford[/name_m] and [name_m]Roger[/name_m] due to you already having a [name_m]Roland[/name_m] and the other son’s name doesn’t begin with an R. It just seems like why have only 2 out of the 3 start with the same sound making [name_m]Linus[/name_m] seem like the odd man out
  • [name_u]Lee[/name_u] for the same reason, two Ls would make [name_m]Roland[/name_m] stand out.
  • [name_u]Lane[/name_u] and [name_u]Honor[/name_u], word names you have to be careful with and these I have seen exclusively used for girls, at least in my experience. [name_u]Noble[/name_u] seems masculine but for the same reason of word names being tough to live up to.
  • [name_m]Monty[/name_m] and [name_m]Fred[/name_m] because they are nicknames to me. A more formal first name that leads to these as a nickname would be fine, names such as [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] or [name_m]Beaumont[/name_m], etc.
  • [name_m]Woodrow[/name_m], sorry, going to probably be exclusively associated with the [name_m]President[/name_m] of the same name.
  • [name_m]Ferris[/name_m] because it’s too similar in ending to [name_m]Linus[/name_m], and again would make one son’s name seem like the odd man out.
  • [name_m]Allen[/name_m] for the same reason, [name_m]Allen[/name_m] and [name_m]Roland[/name_m] are too close in ending sounds for my comfort. [name_u]Vernon[/name_u] kinda feels as though it may fall into that trap as well being close to [name_m]Roland[/name_m].

Otherwise, I think [name_m]Weston[/name_m], [name_u]Neil[/name_u], and [name_m]Clark[/name_m] are great choices from your list

2 Likes

I actually think your list mostly adheres to the same clunky gentlemanly and mid-century style. I suppose if you’re staying away from well used names, then naturally some of them are going to be offbeat. You have so many great options on your list to grow on you in the coming months in any case. [name_m]Roland[/name_m] and [name_m]Linus[/name_m] are a very handsome pair.

Lots of great suggestions in this thread already. I wonder if you’d like [name_m]Marvin[/name_m], similar to [name_u]Vernon[/name_u], or possibly [name_m]Verl[/name_m]. Similar to [name_m]Allen[/name_m] is [name_m]Colin[/name_m] and [name_m]Marlon[/name_m]. [name_u]Barry[/name_u] reminds me of [name_m]Barney[/name_m]. [name_m]Frank[/name_m] gets me to [name_m]Hank[/name_m]. [name_u]Neil[/name_u] and [name_u]Dale[/name_u] make me think of [name_u]Dell[/name_u], [name_m]Bill[/name_m], [name_m]Cyril[/name_m] and [name_m]Howell[/name_m]. [name_u]Quincy[/name_u] and [name_u]Clancy[/name_u] leads me to [name_u]Chauncey[/name_u]. I work with a child with this name and it’s surprisingly charming and fitting on a young child.

I feel like names of [name_m]German[/name_m] origin suit your style because they often have hard consonants. [name_m]Roland[/name_m] is clearly one of them and there’s a few mentioned in this thread. I’ll also suggest [name_m]Gerard[/name_m], [name_m]Bertram[/name_m], [name_m]Otto[/name_m], [name_m]Tybalt[/name_m] and [name_m]Ingram[/name_m].

You seem to like names ending in the ‘er’ sound so perhaps you would like [name_m]Baxter[/name_m], [name_m]Wilbur[/name_m], [name_m]Turner[/name_m] or [name_m]Alistair[/name_m]. I also see a few names ending in the ‘s’ sound so I’ll also add [name_m]Bruce[/name_m] and [name_u]Douglas[/name_u]. You seem to like names with the '‘w’ sound so my last suggestions for you are [name_u]Wallace[/name_u], [name_m]Wilfred[/name_m] and [name_m]Wenzel[/name_m].

1 Like

i love [name_m]Ferris[/name_m], [name_m]Clark[/name_m] and [name_m]Woodrow[/name_m] from your list !

i would suggest [name_m]Fraser[/name_m] and [name_u]Murray[/name_u] !!

1 Like

Franklin, Percy, Vernon, Walden, Cedric & Quincy were my favorite suggestions

Roland, Linus, & _______:

Cecil
Emil
Calvin
Fintan
Montgomery
Ira
Josiah
Bernard
Claude
Reginald
Alistair
Barnaby
Ambrose
Percival
Tully
Clyde
Floyd
Errol
Edsel
Nigel
Wallace
Oswald
Eugene
Luther
Gideon
Balthasar "Baz’
Terrence
Credence

1 Like

Names I like:
[name_u]Vernon[/name_u]
[name_m]Anders[/name_m]
[name_m]Ike[/name_m]
[name_u]Quinn[/name_u]
[name_m]Monty[/name_m]
[name_m]Art[/name_m]

What about:
[name_u]Carter[/name_u]
[name_m]Eric[/name_m]
[name_m]Floyd[/name_m]
[name_u]Wilder[/name_u]
[name_m]Ledger[/name_m]
[name_u]Monroe[/name_u]
[name_m]Watson[/name_m]
[name_u]Ryder[/name_u]
[name_u]Huxley[/name_u]
[name_u]Jagger[/name_u]

1 Like

Oh, I love [name_m]Ferris[/name_m]! [name_m]Walden[/name_m] or [name_u]Neil[/name_u] would go well with [name_m]Roland[/name_m] and [name_m]Linus[/name_m] since they all have Ls.

1 Like

I’ve never even thought about keeping a similar sound! That helps thank you!

2 Likes

Do you think Wilder goes? We’ve always had that as an option but took it away because i didn’t really think it went with the sib set. Also Ledger and Monroe!! :heartpulse:

In my opinion I think [name_u]Wilder[/name_u] fits very nicely with the other names! It has the same kind of flow as [name_m]Roland[/name_m] and [name_m]Linus[/name_m], and I think calling all 3 of them together would be so cute. “Roland, [name_m]Linus[/name_m], Wilder” I’m in love!! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

How about [name_u]Perry[/name_u]? [name_m]Roland[/name_m] [name_m]Linus[/name_m] and [name_u]Perry[/name_u] sounds great

1 Like

With [name_m]Roland[/name_m] and [name_m]Linus[/name_m] I can totally see a
[name_m]Walden[/name_m]
[name_m]Ned[/name_m]
[name_u]Vernon[/name_u]
[name_u]Neil[/name_u]

1 Like