First names for the last name Day?

EDIT: Please look at my newer topics!

I think a more than 2 syllable name would be your best bet. [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Day[/name] would be lovely! Other ideas:

[name]Adeline[/name]
[name]Annabelle[/name]
[name]Arabella[/name]
[name]Capitola[/name]
[name]Claribel[/name]
[name]Celestia[/name]
[name]Eleonora[/name]
[name]Euphemia[/name]
[name]Gwendolyn[/name]
[name]Irena[/name]
[name]Jemima[/name]
[name]Johanna[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Lavinia[/name]
[name]Leontine[/name]
[name]Louetta[/name]
[name]Rosamund[/name]
[name]Rosanna[/name]
[name]Tabitha[/name]
[name]Zenobia[/name]

I did want to add that I think maybe an unusual name here is essential…my last name has such a common sound to it (long a), that I think a name like [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Day[/name] or [name]Valerie[/name] [name]Day[/name] could possibly get possibly get lost in a crowd easily. I do like short, sweet and feminine names but of course names like [name]Ava[/name] and [name]Jane[/name] are much too common these days…

More ideas:

[name]Delilah[/name]
[name]Drusilla[/name]
[name]Elena[/name]
[name]Emmaline[/name]
[name]Evelina[/name]
[name]Honora[/name]
[name]Juliette[/name]
[name]Novella[/name]
[name]Parthenia[/name]
[name]Ramona[/name]
[name]Rosemary[/name]
[name]Roxana[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name]

I do like [name]Adeline[/name], [name]Emmaline[/name], and [name]Evelina[/name] (pronounced Ehv-leena?)! I am not sure what a good middle name would be (I know with the short last name maybe makes a middle name a bit more difficult to conjure up!) but I’d like to have some in mind just to give the baby some nn options in the future… :slight_smile:

Also, I do like [name]Cordelia[/name] but dislike the possible nn “[name]Delia[/name]” and wonder if it is possibly too old-fashioned?

There are other nns for [name]Cordelia[/name]:
[name]Cordy[/name]
[name]Cora[/name]
[name]Cory[/name]
[name]Coco[/name]
[name]Lia[/name]
[name]Dia[/name]

I love your list, [name]Lori[/name]! There are some truly beautiful combinations there, I especially love [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Gray[/name], very classy. :slight_smile:

And thank you, [name]Amber[/name]! I love the nickname [name]Cory[/name] for [name]Cordelia[/name], I’m not sure it sounds as wonderful when paired with “[name]Day[/name]”, but I love [name]Cordelia[/name] too much to give up on it without searching for a wonderful middle name for it first.

Maybe I should list a few of the names I had been considering…

Iluka [name]Day[/name] (I love Inuit names!)
[name]Oisin[/name]/Oisine [name]Day[/name]
[name]Lilou[/name] [name]Day[/name]
Coda [name]Day[/name] (Too masculine?)
Aika [name]Day[/name] (Japanese names are also a favorite due to the millions of vowel-sound combinations!)

I will post more if I remember any others that I was fond of!

EDIT: I’ve realized that I seem to like quite a few names that are either for boys or sound a bit masculine…would a name like Emmeline Oisin Day sound too…flowery? I want a name that feels rooted somehow.