First names for the nn Andy??

My husband and I love [name]Andy[/name]…but he HATES [name]Andrew[/name] and has suggested [name]Anderson[/name]…but it dosen’t seem to really “go” with my oldest son’s name [name]David[/name] ([name]Davey[/name]). So we aren’t sure how to get [name]Andy[/name]. His middle name will be [name]James[/name] after my father so that he may also be called AJ. Any ideas?

[name]How[/name] about [name]Andor[/name] or [name]Andre[/name]? (There is also [name]Anders[/name] but I don’t like it with [name]James[/name]. Too many s endings for my taste.)

I actually really like [name]Andrew[/name], but [name]Anderson[/name] actually isn’t bad. as for other variants… I love the name [name]Andre[/name]. [name]Andreas[/name] (on-dray-us) could also work. [name]Anders[/name], [name]Andrea[/name] (it is a male name in [name]Italy[/name]), and [name]Andris[/name].
My favorite is [name]Andre[/name].

Thank you for your help! I really like [name]Andrew[/name] too…but what can ya do when Hubby hates it ya know? I want [name]Andy[/name] very much so I suppose its a compromise :slight_smile:

I prefer [name]Andrew[/name] too but I think [name]David[/name] and [name]Anderson[/name] sound OK together. It’s more of a stretch, but you can get [name]Andy[/name] from [name]Alexander[/name], and accordingly [name]Xander[/name]/[name]Zander[/name], and also [name]Lysander[/name] and [name]Leander[/name] and [name]Evander[/name]. Good luck!

What about [name]Alexander[/name]?
[name]Andon[/name]
[name]Andre[/name]
[name]Arland[/name]?

Oh…I never thought of [name]Alexander[/name]?? Hmmmm… We have an [name]Alexander[/name] in my family already but it might not matter if we are [name]Andy[/name] rather than [name]Alex[/name]… interesting idea… My husband always hates ALL names. He works for a large fire dept. and therefore, works with TONS of men, so unfortunatly he has known someone with every name and disliked something about them ;(

I think [name]David[/name] & [name]Anderson[/name] go nicely!

[name]How[/name] about:
[name]Anders[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Ander[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Evander[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Andre[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Andreas[/name] [name]James[/name]

I am starting to think [name]David[/name] and [name]Anderson[/name] aren’t so bad… I dunno. Maybe it will be a girl and I won’t have this problem HAHAHA JK