First syllable rhymes with last name, deal breaker or not?

See the results of this poll: Zachary Black, yes or no?

Respondents: 37 (This poll is closed)

• Yes, I think it’s a great idea. : 20 (54%)
  • No, it’s better to keep searching for another name.: 17 (46%)

I think it’s too rhymey, [name_m]Zach[/name_m] [name_m]Black[/name_m] or not. [name_m]Zachary[/name_m] is a great name, just maybe not with [name_m]Black[/name_m].

I just think it’s too much. You could still use it as a middle name, but they’re a little bit too similar.

Normally, I wouldn’t think it was a deal breaker, but [name_m]Zack[/name_m] [name_m]Black[/name_m] sounds a lot like [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_m]Black[/name_m], who unfortunately continues to make movies and I wouldnt want my son’s name to trigger a [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_m]Black[/name_m] association. But if that doesn’t bother you, I think a boy would love the name [name_m]Zack[/name_m] [name_m]Black[/name_m]–it’s fun to say and memorable without being comical.

I think it’s great.

I think it is too rhyme-ey and wouldn’t use it. Sorry.

I like it. It’s really bold and upbeat. I even like [name_m]Zack[/name_m] [name_m]Black[/name_m] - sounds like an action hero!

I don’t think it’s an issue if you truly love the name. I agree that it sounds like an action hero or something!

my first thought was also [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_m]Black[/name_m], but just because he’s well known and nobody ever comments on how his name rhymes. so if he can do it, you can definitely use it for your son.
(I’m sure some people would think of [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_m]Black[/name_m], too. but I don’t I think of it as a negative association at all!)

I think [name_m]Zachary[/name_m] [name_m]Black[/name_m] is really nice, and especially if he wouldn’t often be referred to as [name_m]Zach[/name_m], I definitely think it works.