First time at putting combos together

Been trying to sort out fn/mn combos for future daughters, as it’s something I’ve never really thought much about before, being years off a pregnancy and that. First girl will have the mn [name]Joy[/name], most likely paired with one of these first names, as it’s family tradition. I don’t want only one girl to have a family name, either, and all these mns are honours. I just want opinions on whether they work or not. I’m only planning on giving my kids one mn, too.

[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Cassandra[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name] [name]Christina[/name]
[name]Katherine[/name] [name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Harriet[/name] [name]Andrea[/name]
[name]Ellen[/name] [name]Cassandra[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name] [name]Christina[/name]

Also, if anyone can work out a good way to honour [name]Pansy[/name]. All I’ve got so far is using another flower name or [name]Pandora[/name], which I don’t really like.

I think that [name]Katherine[/name] [name]Joy[/name] makes the best combo of the six firsts you have listed. It’s strong, and sophisticated, but also quite sweet and modern, with nickname [name]Kate[/name]/[name]Katy[/name].

As for honoring [name]Pansy[/name], what about [name]Tansy[/name]? It certainly has a better sound and look than that of [name]Pansy[/name], but is similar enough to work well as namesake. [name]Imogen[/name] [name]Tansy[/name] would be a real gem!

[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Cassandra[/name] - Beautiful. Classic and very feminine.
[name]Imogen[/name] [name]Christina[/name] - NMS. not a fan of [name]Imogen[/name] or [name]Christina[/name].
[name]Katherine[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] - Ok. Kind of bland.
[name]Harriet[/name] [name]Andrea[/name] - Pretty and unique.
[name]Ellen[/name] [name]Cassandra[/name] - [name]Don[/name]'t like [name]Ellen[/name]. [name]Love[/name] [name]Cassandra[/name]. They don’t really flow well - [name]Ellen[/name] is very short and blunt, and [name]Cassandra[/name] is so whimsical flowing.
[name]Vivian[/name] [name]Christina[/name] - [name]Love[/name] [name]Vivian[/name], but prefer spelling [name]Vivienne[/name]. [name]Don[/name]'t like [name]Christina[/name] at at all.

I think you have some lovely names on your list :slight_smile:

[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Cassandra[/name]- I really like [name]Phoebe[/name] and love the nn [name]Bea[/name], but I’m not a fan of [name]Cassandra[/name], it works though :slight_smile:
[name]Imogen[/name] [name]Christina[/name]- [name]Love[/name] this one, [name]Imogen[/name] was on my list a few months ago but was canned by my hubby. I think this combo is pretty but a bit spunky at the same time.
[name]Katherine[/name] [name]Ivy[/name]- Cute…I really love [name]Ivy[/name] and [name]Katherine[/name] is a classic name, it makes me think of Hollywood in the 50’s
[name]Harriet[/name] [name]Andrea[/name]- [name]Harriet[/name] is adorable I think, I love the nn [name]Harrie[/name] on a little girl too, so cute! [name]Don[/name]'t like [name]Andrea[/name].
[name]Ellen[/name] [name]Cassandra[/name]- I think you have much nicer combo’s than this one.
[name]Vivian[/name] [name]Christina[/name]- Cute but [name]Vivian[/name] was my old crabby ballet teacher so it always makes me think grandma, although I know it’s popular with a lot of berries. [name]Christina[/name] is lovely and this is it’s best spelling.

Good choices, the two that I would choose just mixing and matching are, [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] and [name]Harriet[/name] [name]Ivy[/name], but my favourite from your list is definitely [name]Imogen[/name] [name]Christina[/name].

[name]Pansy[/name] is a hard one…I like the flower connection idea, could [name]Petal[/name] work, it’s got the flower thing and starts with P…but don’t take my suggestions too seriously, I’m fried when it comes to thinking up names at the moment :slight_smile:

Have fun dreaming up more names for your future bubs,
Gracen xx

I like [name]Harriet[/name] [name]Joy[/name] or [name]Vivian[/name] [name]Joy[/name].

[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Cassandra[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name] [name]Christina[/name]
[name]Katherine[/name] [name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Harriet[/name] [name]Andrea[/name]
[name]Ellen[/name] [name]Cassandra[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name] [name]Christina[/name]

I think all of your combos work and flow nicely. [name]Vivian[/name] [name]Christina[/name] is my favorite.

I read that pansies are derived from the [name]Viola[/name] species. [name]Katherine[/name] [name]Viola[/name] would be pretty to honor someone named [name]Pansy[/name].