First time poster, Give me your opinons!

My husband and I have a 2 year old, [name]Brooke[/name] [name]Nicole[/name], and are slowly planning our next child. MN for Girls will be either [name]Rae[/name] (my dad and brothers middle names are [name]Raymond[/name]) or [name]Constance[/name] (my late nana’s name was [name]Connie[/name]) and for Boys [name]Campbell[/name] (my late granddads last name) or [name]Thomas[/name] (my late granddads middle name).

Boys-

[name]Caelan[/name]
[name]Jack[/name]
[name]Finn[/name]
[name]Sebastian[/name]

Girls-
[name]Maia[/name]
Caliegh
[name]Peyton[/name]
[name]Olivia[/name]
[name]Sophia[/name]
[name]Lily[/name]

Suggestions?

I think of your boy names, [name]Jack[/name] goes best with [name]Brooke[/name]. Like [name]Brooke[/name], it is a one syllable name that’s familiar without being overdone. It also doesn’t have any nicknames and I personally like when siblings either all have longer names with nicknames, or none do. (I’m a bit OCD. ;)) [name]Finn[/name] also matches that description, and I love the sound of it, but I personally think [name]Finn[/name] should be a nickname for a longer name, like [name]Finlay[/name] or [name]Phinneas[/name], and those seem to not match as well with [name]Brooke[/name]. [name]Jack[/name] [name]Campbell[/name] or [name]Jack[/name] [name]Thomas[/name] are both handsome names.

As for girls, my favorite from your list is [name]Maia[/name]. It’s also monosyllabic, and has the same cute and friendly feel as [name]Brooke[/name] does without nicknames. [name]Maia[/name] [name]Rae[/name] would be pretty if you have a longer surname, and [name]Maia[/name] [name]Constance[/name] is cute too. I would make that decision based on which flows best with your surname.

Other names you might like:

[name]Emily[/name]
[name]Alexa[/name]
[name]Isabel[/name]
[name]Ashley[/name]

[name]Ryan[/name]
[name]Logan[/name]
[name]Tyler[/name]
[name]Luke[/name]
[name]Owen[/name]
[name]Cole[/name]

My favourite is [name]Maia[/name], followed by [name]Lily[/name], [name]Olivia[/name] and then [name]Sophia[/name] from the girl’s list. The other names on the list are not to my taste at all. I have a [name]Maia[/name] myself and [name]Constance[/name] was a mn we considered for her. I think it sounds lovely!
From the boy’s list, I like [name]Sebastian[/name] and [name]Jack[/name] a lot, [name]Finn[/name] is okay too. [name]Jack[/name] [name]Campbell[/name] or [name]Sebastian[/name] [name]Thomas[/name] (although lots of s sounds!)

My favorites -

[name]Sebastian[/name] [name]Thomas[/name] - I love this one!

[name]Maia[/name] [name]Constance[/name] - would work the best imo but this combo isn’t my favorite. What about [name]Mia[/name] [name]Connie[/name]?

All though [name]Olivia[/name] is very popular is it still one of my favorites. I’d pair it with [name]Rae[/name], [name]Olivia[/name] [name]Rae[/name].

Of your girls names my faves are [name]Maia[/name], [name]Olivia[/name], [name]Sophia[/name] and [name]Lily[/name] (although I think the last three are pretty popular). [name]How[/name] about…

[name]Maia[/name] [name]Rae[/name]
[name]Olivia[/name] [name]Constance[/name]
[name]Lily[/name] [name]Rae[/name]

I love the name [name]Jack[/name]. [name]Sebastian[/name] would be my second pick but out of the two I would hands down go for [name]Jack[/name]. I think either [name]Jack[/name] [name]Campbell[/name] or [name]Jack[/name] [name]Thomas[/name] would work.

You have chosen names that are super popular now eg [name]Jack[/name], [name]Lily[/name], [name]Olivia[/name], [name]Sophia[/name], [name]Finn[/name], just so you understand before you name your baby and don’t have namers remorse later because you didn’t realise they were so popular.

I think [name]Maia[/name] works beautifully with [name]Brooke[/name], [name]Maia[/name] [name]Lily[/name] [name]Rae[/name]

For a son I would name him [name]Sebastian[/name] [name]Thomas[/name] which is lovely with [name]Maia[/name] but not as good with [name]Brooke[/name].

[name]Jack[/name] and [name]Brooke[/name] go well so my choice here would be [name]Jack[/name] [name]Campbell[/name].

My favorites are [name]Maia[/name], [name]Lily[/name], and [name]Olivia[/name] for the girls and [name]Finn[/name] and [name]Sebastian[/name] for the boys.

[name]Caelan[/name]-- This might be mistaken for a girl’s name…
[name]Jack[/name]-- It’s nice, but pretty popular
[name]Finn[/name]-- I really like [name]Finn[/name]!
[name]Sebastian[/name]-- This is really nice too

[name]Maia[/name]-- I love [name]Maia[/name]!
Caliegh-- What is this supposed to be? Cayleeg? [name]Caleigh[/name]? I would definitely avoid this; it’s so tryndee, and you have lots of other really nice ones!
[name]Peyton[/name]-- See [name]Caleigh[/name], plus it’s a surname
[name]Olivia[/name]-- I really love this, but it’s #7 in popularity, if that matters to you
[name]Sophia[/name]-- I also like this, but it’s super popular too
[name]Lily[/name]-- I love [name]Lily[/name], but it’s gaining in popularity…

Others you may like:

[name]Liliana[/name]
[name]Kira[/name]
[name]Isabel[/name]
[name]Kaia[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Lila[/name]
[name]Camille[/name]

[name]James[/name]
[name]Declan[/name]
[name]Callum[/name]
[name]Alexander[/name]

[name]Hi[/name], and welcome! :slight_smile:

[name]Caelan[/name]: I know it’s an authentic Scottish name (and I think it’s handsome), but to me, [name]Caelan[/name] feels too close to trendy names like [name]Braelyn[/name]/[name]Caylyn[/name]/[name]Jaylyn[/name]/[name]Brayden[/name]/[name]Cayden[/name]/[name]Hayden[/name]/[name]Jaiden[/name]/[name]Jayden[/name], etc.

(I also know of a few young girls named [name]Caylen[/name]/[name]Kailyn[/name], etc.)

[name]Jack[/name]: I think that [name]Jack[/name] is very handsome, although I’m not a fan of it with [name]Campbell[/name] due to the back-to-back K sounds.

[name]Finn[/name]: I think [name]Finn[/name] is a great name, and I also love [name]Finnian[/name]. I think that [name]Finnian[/name] [name]Campbell[/name] has a great flow. :slight_smile:

[name]Sebastian[/name]: I love [name]Sebastian[/name] [name]Campbell[/name], although I think that some of your other names, like [name]Finn[/name], sound better with [name]Brooke[/name]'s more modern feel.

Girls-
[name]Maia[/name]: I think that [name]Maia[/name] is very pretty…

Caliegh: I’m not a fan of the trendy -aley/aleigh/alee names ([name]Baylee[/name]/Bayleight/[name]Bailey[/name]/[name]Caylee[/name]/[name]Cayleigh[/name]/[name]Haley[/name]/[name]Haylee[/name]/Hayleight/Shayleigh etc.).
[name]Pam[/name] and [name]Linda[/name] call them a “meganame,” and wrote about this yooneek trend in this blog: https://nameberry.com/blog/2009/04/07/the-million-baby-name/

[name]Peyton[/name]: Not a [name]Peyton[/name] fan…

[name]Olivia[/name]: VERY popular, but I do think it’s pretty and works with [name]Brooke[/name].

[name]Sophia[/name]: VERY popular, too, which may or may not bother you.

[name]Lily[/name]: Ditto.

[name]Brooke[/name] and:

[name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Chloe[/name] (super popular, though)
[name]Claire[/name]
[name]Laurel[/name]
[name]Miranda[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name]

More modern sounding and unisex names for [name]Brooke[/name]'s sister:

[name]Arden[/name]
[name]Auden[/name]
[name]Bellamy[/name]
[name]Delaney[/name]
[name]Connelly[/name] (another way to honor a [name]Connie[/name])
[name]Emery[/name]
[name]Ellery[/name]
[name]Harper[/name]
[name]Hadley[/name]
[name]Linden[/name]
[name]Lane[/name]
[name]Piper[/name]
[name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Quincy[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Willow[/name]

[name]Brooke[/name] and:

[name]Andrew[/name]
[name]Archer[/name]
[name]Bennett[/name] (B theme, though)
[name]Donovan[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Finnegan[/name]
[name]Finnian[/name]
[name]Grant[/name]
[name]Graham[/name]
Hudon
[name]Jude[/name]
[name]Lachlan[/name]
[name]Maxfield[/name]
[name]Pierce[/name]
[name]Quinlan[/name]
[name]Rafferty[/name]
[name]Sullivan[/name]
[name]Tate[/name]
[name]Vaughn[/name]
[name]Xavier[/name]

Not all of the above work with your middles, but I thought I’d suggest them anyway, just in case! :slight_smile:

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

P.S. I apologize for repeats!

you have somne of THE BEST TASTE in names I have [name]EVER[/name] seen on here!!
[name]LILY[/name] IS MY ABSOLUTE [name]FAVORITE[/name] NAME AND YOU SHOULD REALLY CONCIDER IT.
[name]Caelyn[/name] (is that how you spelt it) is also VERY cute and I’ve never heard it before. I think I’m going to add it to my favorite names list.

I love the Middle name [name]Constance[/name]!!! Id even concider it for a first name :wink:
My favorite middle name for the boy would definitly be [name]Thomas[/name]. Its veryyyy cute.

Does [name]Lily[/name] [name]Constance[/name] or [name]Caelyn[/name] [name]Thomas[/name] sound good to you ?

I like [name]Sebastian[/name] [name]Thomas[/name] and [name]Finn[/name] [name]Campbell[/name]
also [name]Finlay[/name] [name]Campbell[/name] [name]Thomas[/name] would be nice

[name]Lily[/name] [name]Constance[/name] is beautiful although [name]Lily[/name] is popular.

Suggestions [name]Brooke[/name] [name]Nicole[/name] &

[name]Abigail[/name] [name]Constance[/name]
[name]Alexandra[/name] [name]Rae[/name]
[name]Cassidy[/name] [name]Rae[/name]
[name]Chelsea[/name] [name]Rae[/name]
[name]Cleo[/name] [name]Rae[/name]
[name]Anika[/name] [name]Constance[/name]
[name]Zara[/name] [name]Rae[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name] [name]Constance[/name]
[name]Amy[/name] [name]Constance[/name]
[name]Anya[/name] [name]Constance[/name]
[name]Esme[/name] [name]Constance[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name] [name]Constance[/name]
[name]Nina[/name] [name]Rae[/name]
[name]Freya[/name] [name]Constance[/name]
[name]Eva[/name] [name]Constance[/name]
[name]Julia[/name] [name]Constance[/name]
[name]Grier[/name] [name]Constance[/name]
[name]Meredith[/name] [name]Rae[/name]
[name]Greta[/name] [name]Constance[/name]
[name]Sadie[/name] [name]Rae[/name]
[name]Fleur[/name] [name]Constance[/name]
[name]Holly[/name] [name]Constance[/name]
[name]Eden[/name] [name]Constance[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name] [name]Rae[/name]
[name]Crystal[/name] [name]Rae[/name]

[name]Callum[/name] [name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Conor[/name] [name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Cullen[/name] [name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Caleb[/name] [name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Rory[/name] [name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Reuben[/name] [name]Campbell[/name]
[name]Jethro[/name] [name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Joel[/name] [name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Tristan[/name] [name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Emmett[/name] [name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Toby[/name] [name]Campbell[/name]

Thank you everyone for your opinions/suggestions. DH and I are gunning for [name]Caelan[/name] (said [name]Callen[/name]) because he is Norwegian and Scottish and it is an authentic Scottish name. Our last name is VERY Norwegian and I don’t mind an ethnic name.

I like “aia” names, [name]Kaia[/name], [name]Maia[/name], [name]Gaia[/name].

This is such a help as opposed to using family members. [name]Brooke[/name]'s name was supposed to be [name]Lila[/name] but [name]MIL[/name] overused it to the point of no return and I don’t want that to happen again.

butterfly: I’ve never heard anyone suggest [name]Crystal[/name]. So many people say it’s out of style. [name]Glad[/name] to see my name isn’t totally awful. :slight_smile:

[name]Crystal[/name]

[name]Gaia[/name] is awesome :slight_smile: [name]Gaia[/name] [name]Constance[/name] is pretty! I prefer it spelt [name]Callen[/name] to [name]Caelan[/name].

My niece was almost [name]Crystal[/name] but she didn’t look like a [name]Crystal[/name] so she is [name]Amber[/name] and her sister is [name]Jasmine[/name] they are nice with [name]Brooke[/name] too.

[name]Brooke[/name] [name]Nicole[/name] & [name]Amber[/name] [name]Rae[/name]
[name]Brooke[/name] [name]Nicole[/name] & [name]Jasmine[/name] [name]Rae[/name]

I think of your boy names, [name]Jack[/name] goes best with [name]Brooke[/name]. Like [name]Brooke[/name], it is a one syllable name that’s familiar without being overdone. It also doesn’t have any nicknames and I personally like when siblings either all have longer names with nicknames, or none do. (I’m a bit OCD. ;)) [name]Finn[/name] also matches that description, and I love the sound of it, but I personally think [name]Finn[/name] should be a nickname for a longer name, like [name]Finlay[/name] or [name]Phinneas[/name], and those seem to not match as well with [name]Brooke[/name]. [name]Jack[/name] [name]Campbell[/name] or [name]Jack[/name] [name]Thomas[/name] are both handsome names.

As for girls, my favorite from your list is [name]Maia[/name]. It’s also monosyllabic, and has the same cute and friendly feel as [name]Brooke[/name] does without nicknames. [name]Maia[/name] [name]Rae[/name] would be pretty if you have a longer surname, and [name]Maia[/name] [name]Constance[/name] is cute too. I would make that decision based on which flows best with your surname.

Other names you might like:

[name]Emily[/name]
[name]Alexa[/name]
[name]Isabel[/name]
[name]Ashley[/name]

[name]Ryan[/name]
[name]Logan[/name]
[name]Tyler[/name]
[name]Luke[/name]
[name]Owen[/name]
[name]Cole[/name][/quote]

I agree completely about [name]Brooke[/name] [name]Nicole[/name] and [name]Jack[/name] [name]Campbell[/name] or [name]Jack[/name] [name]Thomas[/name], and I love [name]Maia[/name] with [name]Brooke[/name] (I hope you have a girl, then!), but would it be possible to use [name]Rachel[/name] for [name]Raymond[/name]? [name]Maia[/name] [name]Rachel[/name] sounds very sweet to me. Or, [name]Ramona[/name] has the same meaning as [name]Raymond[/name], and [name]Lily[/name] [name]Ramona[/name] or [name]Peyton[/name] [name]Ramona[/name] sound nice, too! Good luck!

Oh, here are some more you might like:
[name]Blake[/name] (B, G)
[name]Brett[/name] (G)
[name]Cade[/name] (B)
[name]Drew[/name] (B)
[name]Jade[/name] (G)**
[name]Jude[/name] (B)
[name]Lane[/name] (G)
[name]Leigh[/name] (G)
[name]Page[/name] (G)
[name]Pierce[/name] (B)*
[name]Reid[/name] (B)**
[name]Sage[/name] (G)**
[name]Tate[/name] (B)*
[name]Vaughn[/name] (B)
[name]Will[/name] (B)

I think [name]Brooke[/name] [name]Nicole[/name] and [name]Sage[/name] [name]Ramona[/name]/[name]Constance[/name] would be darling sisters, and [name]Brooke[/name] [name]Nicole[/name] and [name]Reid[/name] [name]Campbell[/name] would be darling siblings!

[quote=“caulen”]My husband and I have a 2 year old, [name]Brooke[/name] [name]Nicole[/name], and are slowly planning our next child. MN for Girls will be either [name]Rae[/name] (my dad and brothers middle names are [name]Raymond[/name]) or [name]Constance[/name] (my late nana’s name was [name]Connie[/name]) and for Boys [name]Campbell[/name] (my late granddads last name) or [name]Thomas[/name] (my late granddads middle name).

Boys-

[name]Caelan[/name]
[name]Jack[/name] - love
[name]Finn[/name] - love
[name]Sebastian[/name] - love

Girls-
[name]Maia[/name]
Caliegh
[name]Peyton[/name]
[name]Olivia[/name] - love
[name]Sophia[/name] - would love, but I hear it all the time
[name]Lily[/name] - love

I just love many of your choices!

I like most of the names you’ve picked and think they work well with your proposed middle names. However, I’m not such a fan of either Caliegh or [name]Peyton[/name]. Caliegh is spelled in a way that will be difficult for your future child, and for me personally sounds like that baby girl that was murdered, which is not a happy association. [name]Peyton[/name] sounds like [name]Peyton[/name] Place – so unless you are a super fan of that soap opera, I would skip it. Actually, even if you are a fan of the show, I might avoid it since it has such a specific association.

Firstly, I have to say that [name]Constance[/name] is an absolutely wonderful name, and severely underused!

Boys-
[name]Caelan[/name] - this feels too trendy to me.
[name]Jack[/name] - a classic.
[name]Finn[/name] - this is very nice, but feels slightly insubstantial … how about [name]Finlay[/name], [name]Finnegan[/name], [name]Phineas[/name] or another variation, nn [name]Finn[/name].
[name]Sebastian[/name] - handsome.

Girls-
[name]Maia[/name] - very pretty.
Caliegh - I am not very fond of the trendy spelling of this.
[name]Peyton[/name] - this feels a little masculine to me, and too trendy.
[name]Olivia[/name] - very popular at the moment, but a beautiful classic nevertheless.
[name]Sophia[/name] - again, popular but beautiful.
[name]Lily[/name] - my absolute favourite. This is not too common, and I think it goes nicely with [name]Brooke[/name]. [name]Lily[/name] [name]Constance[/name] has a lot of old-fashioned charm to it, to my mind, and [name]Lily[/name] [name]Rae[/name] is sweet.

Some suggestions :
Boys :
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Dashiell[/name]
[name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Jonathon[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Archer[/name]

Girls :
[name]Caitlin[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Ophelia[/name]
[name]Paige[/name]
[name]Blythe[/name] (although I feel this is too similar to [name]Brooke[/name])
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Amelie[/name]/a
[name]Louisa[/name].

Good luck!

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Rae[/name] as a middle name for a girl, my mom has such ([name]Cinda[/name] [name]Rae[/name]). I like [name]Maia[/name] [name]Rae[/name], [name]Jack[/name] [name]Thomas[/name], or [name]Finn[/name] [name]Campbell[/name]. Good luck!

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Rae[/name] as a middle name for a girl, my mom has such ([name]Cinda[/name] [name]Rae[/name]). I like [name]Maia[/name] [name]Rae[/name], [name]Jack[/name] [name]Thomas[/name], or [name]Finn[/name] [name]Campbell[/name]. Good luck!