first time poster, wanting unusual name for baby number 5!

Hello,
I’ve been scouring the site for a while to see how things work, and feel ready to post!
Me and OH have been blessed by a happy accident, and are expecting number 5 in [name]March[/name].
However, I am suffering from a case of too many options and no decision making skills.
I really enjoyed naming all my last babies but this time I just feel paralyzed with doubt and fear that I will get it wrong.
It is important to us to find a name which feels individual but also not too wacky. Greek mythological names and Hebrew names I always think sound completely beautiful. No more S names though please, as I already indulged in too many sadly.

My 4 girls are:

[name]Saoirse[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] (Saphy)
[name]Hermione[/name] [name]Luella[/name] ([name]Minna[/name])
[name]Ida[/name] [name]Seraphina[/name]
[name]Thalia[/name] [name]Sakura[/name] (Tass)

[name]Hope[/name] this helps you work out my ‘naming style’.
Any suggestions at all would be fantastic. I am a name lover but can’t find one that feels right!
Oh, we don’t know the gender of number 5 btw. But I am kind of assuming its a girl, superstitiously.OH has a boys name he loves, and I’m happy to humour him on that. Its girls that pose the problem!

Thanks Nameberries X

Um ok… Here goes what about:
[name]Saoirse[/name], [name]Hermione[/name], [name]Ida[/name], [name]Thalia[/name] and:
[name]Adelyn[/name]
[name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Briony[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name]
[name]Ginevra[/name]
[name]Aurora[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Ariana[/name]
[name]Callista[/name]
[name]Adele[/name]
[name]Amara[/name]
[name]Elora[/name]

Any good?

[name]Do[/name] you mind me asking how you get Saphy from [name]Saoirse[/name]?

[name]Fran[/name]

We pronounce her name ‘Sor-sha’, and [name]Saoirse[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] got shortened to ‘Soppy’ by her sister. We thought it apt to change it to something which would provoke less teasing when she began at school, and Saphy kind of emerged out of that.
I’m not a fan though. I want a chance to use her real name! Still love it.

Thanks for the suggestions:

[name]Fiona[/name]- Would be high up the list, but my friend used it for her daughter
[name]Ginevra[/name]- Never though of this before! [name]Love[/name] the sound, but not so keen on [name]Ginny[/name] as a nn.
[name]Briony[/name]- This is so gorgeous

Lots of help!

Since you like [name]Ginevra[/name], what about [name]Evie[/name] instead of [name]Ginny[/name]? Having a [name]Hermione[/name] and a [name]Ginny[/name] would be a bit much, though people who don’t read [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] won’t know that the character’s real name is [name]Ginevra[/name].

What about [name]Saoirse[/name], [name]Hermione[/name], [name]Ida[/name], [name]Thalia[/name] and:
[name]Electa[/name]
[name]Eulalie[/name]/[name]Eulalia[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Cybele[/name]
[name]Delphine[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name]
[name]Ophelia[/name]
[name]Romilly[/name]

[name]Hi[/name] there, I’m expecting a boy, so naturally I think there are so many beautiful girl names. Here are some of my favorites:
[name]Cosette[/name]
[name]Plum[/name]
[name]Tuesday[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
Evangaline
[name]Fern[/name]
[name]Anais[/name]
[name]Arden[/name]
[name]Marlowe[/name]
violet
Not sure if these are at all your cup of tea, but I love them :slight_smile:

[name]Ah[/name] ok! Sorry just being nosy! [name]Do[/name] you get it pronounced wrong often? (ie. the corect way as seer-sha)

Here are some more along the lines of the ones you liked!:
[name]Fawna[/name]
[name]Bianca[/name]
[name]Naomi[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Nadia[/name]
[name]Gwyneira[/name] - gwyn-eye-rah - means snow white
[name]Elinor[/name]
[name]Marina[/name]
[name]Morwenna[/name]
[name]Kerensa[/name] - keh-ren-sah - cornish meaning love
[name]Demelza[/name]
[name]Bridget[/name]
[name]Delilah[/name]

Any good?

[name]Fran[/name] x

I love the other posters’ suggestions of [name]Briony[/name], [name]Eulalie[/name] and [name]Imogen[/name]. Some more names I think go with your daughters:

[name]Amira[/name]
[name]Anthea[/name]
[name]Olympia[/name]
[name]Cressida[/name]
[name]Bronte[/name]
[name]Nyla[/name]
[name]Lyra[/name]
[name]Calla[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Margot[/name]
[name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Yasmin[/name]/[name]Yasmina[/name]
[name]Astrid[/name]
[name]Sabrina[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Clio[/name]
[name]Selah[/name]

Well, I am from Limerick, [name]Ireland[/name] originally, and where I am from we always said it Sor-sha.
So I never really thought of it as an incorrect way of saying it. It is the publicity of the name via [name]Saoirse[/name] [name]Ronan[/name] which has led to this preconception. In my homeland, how the name is pronounced depends on the region I think.
People usually pronounce it more like Sa-oir-seee in the UK where I live now. Haha

I am loving so many of these suggestions, and SO many I had never considered before.
Im particular
[name]Briony[/name]
[name]Eulalie[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Marina[/name]
[name]Cosette[/name]
[name]Cybele[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Delphine[/name]
[name]Romilly[/name]

Also I’d love [name]Selah[/name] or [name]Fawna[/name] as a mn. Going on the list!
[name]Beatrix[/name] and [name]Ophelia[/name] would both be on there too, but my friends recently named their daughter [name]Beatrice[/name], and [name]Ophelia[/name] is a name thats been used in the family.

What do you all think from that list?
[name]Do[/name] you think another name with an ‘a’ sound at the end is a bit much with her 3 other siblings’?
The names I have bolded are ones hubby is keen on too. Opinions? X

I think [name]Penelope[/name] goes great with your girls names. [name]Marina[/name] is pretty and I like [name]Cordelia[/name] for [name]Delia[/name]. [name]Cybele[/name] is intriguing to me as I really like [name]Sybil[/name]. Is it pronounced the same?
[name]Ginevra[/name]- [name]Nev[/name] or spelling [name]Neve[/name] could work as a nick name too.
More ideas-
[name]Calliope[/name]
[name]Atara[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Geneva[/name]
[name]Melina[/name]
[name]Aviva[/name]
[name]Liora[/name]
[name]Tabitha[/name]
[name]Rhiannon[/name]
[name]Keturah[/name]