Fitzwilliam?

Can I name my son [name]Fitzwilliam[/name] without ruining his life?

I like [name]Fitz[/name] as a nickname, but he could go by [name]Will[/name] later in life if he wanted to.

What are your thoughts on [name]Fitzwilliam[/name]?

No other children yet, but what would I then name future children?

I don’t really know. Kids can be cruel no matter what you name them. They’ll find something to make fun of. It’s not my personal taste and you could always go with other Scottish/Irish names.

The [name]Austen[/name] association is way too powerful for me. I do find [name]Fitz[/name] a charming nickname, though. But honestly, [name]Fitzwilliam[/name] would, I think, put a lot of pressure on the little guy-- it’s a big name to live up to!

I love [name]Fitz[/name]. I wouldn’t put the names together though. Could you just name him [name]Fitz[/name] [name]William[/name] _____________ . He could always go by his middle name later in life if he choose too. I go by mine and it’s fine.

I think it’s kind of cool! Really like the nicknames [name]Fitz[/name], will and [name]Billy[/name]!
7/10

[name]Fitzwilliam[/name] feels a bit [name]Little[/name] [name]Lord[/name] Fauntleroy (i.e., precious, fey) to me, but I like the above suggestion of splitting the name up to [name]Fitz[/name] [name]William[/name].

[name]Fitz[/name] by itself is cute, but [name]Fitzwilliam[/name]…not so much.