Five for Feedback

I would love some reviews on these five names. They’ve all been yes names at some point with my SO so they could be potential future children (I’m not pregnant so don’t want to mislead anyone).

I’d love to know:

1. [name]Do[/name] you like the name?

2. [name]How[/name] often have you seen this name?

3. Does the name make you think of anyone or anything in particular? What image does it bring to mind?

And the five are: drumroll

[name]Aurelia[/name] (oh-rehl-ya)
[name]Sabine[/name]
[name]Juliette[/name]
[name]Eden[/name]
[name]Colette[/name]

(I do have dual citizenship with [name]France[/name] - just throwing it out there since the French influence is pretty obvious with several of these. I’m not requiring French names, but I do like a lot of them)

<3 I absolutely adore all of these!

Aurelia - I’ve only seen it in books and movies; the movie Love Actually comes to mind in particular.
Sabine - I hear Sabina and Sabrina a lot, not so much with Sabine. No specific associations for me, but it’s gorgeous.
Juliette - I think of actress Juliette Lewis, and the awesome Juliet Simms from The Voice, and of course Romeo & Juliet. All good.
Eden - Again, never known an Eden, but I think of a girl who’s very earthy, in the best possible way.
Colette - Probably the one I’ve heard the most in real life, but never on anyone I knew well.

If I were to rank them, I’d say:

1. Sabine
  2. Juliette
  3. Eden
  4. Aurelia
  5. Colette

[name]Aurelia[/name] (oh-rehl-ya): I do like it, with reservations. It was part of the name of the local hospital in the town where I once lived, and half the time it was pronounced like aw-RAIL-ya. After hearing that for years, the bloom was off the rose, and I didn’t like [name]Aurelia[/name] much. It gives me the image of a 19th-century grande dame who does good works.

[name]Sabine[/name]: I don’t like it. I’ve never met one, and I only encounter it in reference to the “Rape of the Sabines.” I think that’s a pretty lousy association, and the one image it really brings to my mind that of a bunch of mostly naked women being carried off against their wills by Romans.

[name]Juliette[/name]: I like it, although I prefer [name]Juliet[/name], and I know a couple people online and [name]IRL[/name] who have used it (I know more who have used [name]Juliet[/name]/[name]Juliette[/name] as a middle name). My associations are [name]Shakespeare[/name] and [name]Juliette[/name] [name]Lewis[/name]. [name]Juliette[/name] seems sharper edged than [name]Juliet[/name]; I picture a no-nonsense sort of woman.

[name]Eden[/name]: I like it. I know two Edens, one in her mid-twenties and one under one. I picture an artistic person when I hear [name]Eden[/name].

[name]Colette[/name]: It’s okay. I mostly associate the name with the author, so I imagine someone flamboyant, confident, and creative.

1. [name]Do[/name] you like the name?
    [name]Aurelia[/name] (oh-rehl-ya) no
    [name]Sabine[/name] yes
    [name]Juliette[/name] yes & no
    [name]Eden[/name] no
    [name]Colette[/name] yes

2. [name]How[/name] often have you seen this name?
    [name]Aurelia[/name] (oh-rehl-ya) just here
    [name]Sabine[/name]- while I have known a [name]Sabrina[/name] & [name]Serena[/name] I’ve never met a [name]Sabine[/name]. I first saw this name while I was pregnany on a TV show about a family that survived an avalanche. The baby was named [name]Sabine[/name]. She was adorable and a true survivor and I thought the name was just gorgeous! Considered using it!
    [name]Juliette[/name]- I know someone with a daughter with this name, I know someone with a dog with this name, also the [name]Romeo[/name] one, and plenty of girls named [name]Julie[/name], [name]Julia[/name], [name]Juliana[/name], ect
    [name]Eden[/name]- This makes me think of [name]Eden[/name] [name]Wood[/name] from Toddlers and Tiaras.
    [name]Colette[/name]- The only one I ever heard of is the writer [name]Colette[/name] who wrote the [name]Claudine[/name] books

3. Does the name make you think of anyone or anything in particular? What image does it bring to mind?
    [name]Aurelia[/name] (oh-rehl-ya)- the child of an American Francophile, a fancy kid with leather maryjane shoes, better dressed than me, politely eating dinner with a group of adults. She knows she’s smarter than her nanny.
    [name]Sabine[/name]- the adorable little half [name]Asian[/name] half white baby from that TV show I was talking about! seriously though, I can imagine it on an equally cute adult.
    [name]Juliette[/name]- This I am more neutral on. I can imagine all types of Juliettes
    [name]Eden[/name]- a blond 4 year old with capped teeth. she owns wigs.
    [name]Colette[/name]- I picture a girl like the character [name]Claudine[/name]. Gorgeous, charming, a bit eccentric

[name]Sabine[/name] & [name]Colette[/name] are my favorites.

[name]Aurelia[/name] (oh-rehl-ya) - NMS. [name]Way[/name] too frilly and princess-y for my tastes. Much prefer [name]Audra[/name], [name]Audrey[/name], or even [name]Aurora[/name].
[name]Sabine[/name] - [name]Lovely[/name]. Reminds me of [name]Roman[/name] history and the beautiful art of the Masters. Great name for a little girl and an adult.
[name]Juliette[/name] - NMS. [name]Romeo[/name] & [name]Juliet[/name]. Ill-conceived teen marriage leads to very stupid decisions that ends in a completely preventable dual suicide. No thanks.
[name]Eden[/name] - No. Can’t put my finger on why, but I just really, really hate this name.
[name]Colette[/name] - Gorgeous. Classic French, [name]IMO[/name], and timeless.

[name]Aurelia[/name]:

1. [name]Do[/name] you like the name? I love this one. It’s very pretty!

2. [name]How[/name] often have you seen this name? I’ve never seen it [name]IRL[/name] but I have seen it on here several times.

3. Does the name make you think of anyone or anything in particular? What image does it bring to mind? It is sort of frilly and princessy but that’s not really a bad thing some times.

[name]Sabine[/name]

1. [name]Do[/name] you like the name? I think it’s pretty, but I don’t like it much either.

2. [name]How[/name] often have you seen this name? I’ve only seen this name on here sometimes

3. Does the name make you think of anyone or anything in particular? What image does it bring to mind? [name]Sabine[/name] makes me think of a a french girl (I sort of picture [name]Madeline[/name] from the children’s books (misspelled her name though))

[name]Juliette[/name]

1. [name]Do[/name] you like the name? I think [name]Juliette[/name] is lovely, however all I think of is [name]Romeo[/name] & [name]Juliet[/name], which isn’t so great.

2. [name]How[/name] often have you seen this name? Never [name]IRL[/name] but I see it on here ALL the time

3. Does the name make you think of anyone or anything in particular? What image does it bring to mind? dark haired, sweet little girl…then I think of teen suicide >.<

Eden

1. Do you like the name? eh It’s okay. I like it for a middle name but I don’t know why I don’t like it for a first name

2. How often have you seen this name? I see it on here sometimes and I’ve met one girl named Vivian Eden

3. Does the name make you think of anyone or anything in particular? What image does it bring to mind? I just think of the girl I know, dark hair, tall, smart.

Colette

1. Do you like the name? Love it!

2. How often have you seen this name? I’ve met one beautiful little girl with this name.

3. Does the name make you think of anyone or anything in particular? What image does it bring to mind? I think of the little girl I knew, black hair, almond eyes, very quiet and sensitive but super helpful

These names do not remind me of anyone except [name]Eden[/name] the little pageant queen.

[name]Aurelia[/name] (oh-rehl-ya)
[name]Sabine[/name]
[name]Juliette[/name]
[name]Eden[/name]
[name]Colette[/name]

Of these I would use [name]Sabine[/name] and [name]Juliet[/name] with [name]Juliet[/name] being one of my all time favourite names.

rollo and have a lovely day!

[name]Aurelia[/name]
i like it somewhat.
I have not met one…I have seen it up for discussion on baby name boards… I did know someone whose son was planning to name his daughter [name]Aurelia[/name].
[name]Sabine[/name]
I like it. I don’t know one and have rarely seen it. More often, I have seen [name]Sabina[/name], but that’s not common either. I think it is used more in Europe. My aunt considered [name]Sabina[/name] for her daughter (41 years ago, in [name]Italy[/name]) but chose [name]Sabrina[/name] instead.
[name]Juliette[/name] -
I like it a lot. I don’t know any, but I have seen it discussed a lot on baby name boards.
[name]Eden[/name] -
I like it somewhat. I don’t know any, but again I have seen it a lot on baby name boards.
[name]Colette[/name]
I like it a lot. I don’t know any. My cousin was considering it for a daughter. Have seen it on name boards.

I’m not very good with name images… someone else, I’m sure, can help with that. [name]Colette[/name], [name]Juliette[/name] and [name]Aurelia[/name] are very girly names to me and I like that style.

Thanks for all the great feedback everyone! I would definitely use the [name]Juliette[/name] spelling for what it’s worth. I’m enjoying the variety of reactions.

Thanks for all the great feedback everyone! I would definitely use the [name]Juliette[/name] spelling for what it’s worth. I’m enjoying the variety of reactions.

1) [name]Do[/name] you like the name? I love [name]Aurelia[/name], [name]Juliette[/name], [name]Sabine[/name] & [name]Eden[/name]. I don’t like [name]Colette[/name] at all.

2) [name]How[/name] often have you seen this name? I’ve met a couple Aurelias (one Swiss, one Spanish), a [name]Sabine[/name] (French-Canadian) and an [name]Eden[/name] (Canadian). No Juliettes nor Colettes have ever crossed my path, though I do know of someone whose middle name is [name]Juliette[/name].

3) Does the name make you think of anyone or anything in particular? What image does it bring to mind? None of them have really strong associations for me. I do think of the people I know, and none of those are bad associations. I’m particularly drawn to [name]Eden[/name].

1. [name]Aurelia[/name]
  • [name]Do[/name] I like it? Yes! I think it’s lovely and unexpected.
  • [name]How[/name] often have I seen this name? Pretty rarely. I can’t say that I’ve ever met an [name]Aurelia[/name] (I live in the Northeast US) I’ve heard it in novels and movies, though.
  • Does the name make me think of anyone/bring an image to mind? Not particularly. I would picture an [name]Aurelia[/name] as dainty, pretty, quietly self-assured and feminine. Someone who knows who she is and is confident in her personality without being brash.
  1. [name]Sabine[/name]
  • [name]Do[/name] I like it? Honestly, not particularly. I’m not really sure how to pronounce it (say BEAN? suh BEAN?) but it seems like a plainer version of [name]Sabrina[/name].
  • [name]How[/name] often have I seen this name? Again, rarely. Probably less than [name]Aurelia[/name]… I at least knew how to say [name]Aurelia[/name]!
  • Does the name make me think of anyone/bring an image to mind? Unfortunately, I think of [name]Sabine[/name] as sort of a stuck up name. Not really sure why.
  1. [name]Juliette[/name]
  • [name]Do[/name] I like it? Very much! I prefer the [name]Juliet[/name] spelling, but this one of my favorite names.
  • [name]How[/name] often have I seen this name? More often than [name]Aurelia[/name] or [name]Sabine[/name], certainly. I have been in school with a few [name]Juliette[/name]/Juliets in my time but not very common. Nowhere near as common as [name]Julia[/name]/[name]Julie[/name].
  • Does the name make me think of anyone/bring an image to mind? [name]Juliette[/name] to me is a modern feminine name. It’s definitely girly, but I can still see [name]Juliette[/name] in the boardroom or as president of the student body. It’s an intellectual, achiever’s name with an artistic twist.
  1. [name]Eden[/name]
  • [name]Do[/name] I like this name? Sort of. I am fine with the way it sounds, but for some reason I mentally classify it with [name]Savannah[/name] and [name]Angel[/name] and [name]Nevaeh[/name] as… well, not overly sophisticated.
  • [name]How[/name] often have I seen this name? A lot more lately than ever. A couple I know just named their baby [name]Eden[/name], and I’ve seen it in local birth announcements. Seems like a name on the rise.
  • Does the name make me think of anyone/bring an image to mind? Again, I have no idea why or data to back this up, but [name]Eden[/name] seems like a sort of not too sophisticated name. I see [name]Eden[/name] as someone with a LOT of hair and tan and makeup and not much intellect. I’m sorry, and I have no idea where this impression comes from.
  1. [name]Colette[/name]
  • [name]Do[/name] I like it? I don’t dislike it. Sort of meh.
  • [name]How[/name] often have I seen this name? Rarely, to be honest. Can’t think of any [name]Colette[/name] I’ve known/heard of
  • Does the name make me think of anyone/bring an image to mind? [name]Colette[/name] brings to mind a delightfully eccentric older lady with red lipstick who lives in a fabulous apartment. I’m not sure if this is a good or bad thing, but there you have it :slight_smile:

My order of preference: [name]Juliette[/name], [name]Aurelia[/name], [name]Colette[/name], [name]Eden[/name], [name]Sabine[/name].

Good luck!