Five Things You Are Excited About Today

1. Retiring! [name_u]June[/name_u] 10, thank goodness. I’ve typed the word retirement in my cell phone so many times that now if I enter an r it pops up!

2. [name_f]My[/name_f] garden and specifically the new thistle garden I’m planting. Thistles are beautiful and are amazing for pollinators.

3. Tomorrow is Mother’s [name_u]Day[/name_u] and I’m going to spend part of my day tidying up my late mom’s potted plants to put them our for the warm months. We are also going to plant two hibiscus to honor my husband’s late mom.

4. I’m about to start watching a new British mystery on Britbox (Why Don’t They Ask Evans?)

5. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband is cooking us steaks tomorrow.

You?

4 Likes
  1. Going back to school!
  2. Writing my story
  3. Seeing if I placed in a short story competition
  4. [name_m]Reading[/name_m] through the [name_m]Hamilton[/name_m] memes my friend sends me daily
  5. Ordering the first books in a series (I started on like number 13 or something lol)
2 Likes

Starting a new book series is one of the best things in life!

2 Likes

It truly is!

2 Likes

I plan to start new children’s book series and new mystery series when I retire. Some good Scandinavian murders. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sounds exciting!!

1 Like
  1. I have an ice dance competition and I think me and my partner are gonna do really well!
  2. I get to wear a pretty ice dance dress
  3. [name_f]My[/name_f] dog is coming back from the vet healthy!
  4. I’m having turkey for dinner, which is one of my favorite foods
  5. Some nail polish I ordered is coming in the mail today
3 Likes
  1. [name_f]My[/name_f] son’s birthday party. It’s going to be exhausting, but he’s looking forward to it and his excitement makes it all worth it
  2. Mother’s day is today. Not expecting any big gifts, but just some family time is nice
  3. Cake! :joy: [name_m]Just[/name_m] waiting for the morning sickness to subside, so I can really start looking forward to it
  4. I get to wear my new dress
  5. Seeing my uncle today. He’s been unwell, and it’s been a while since I’ve seen him outside of a hospital
4 Likes
  1. Finally watched the new Spider-Man with my dad! We’ve been waiting until it was available to rent and I successfully made it 4 months without seeing any clips and then we went out to eat last week & it was playing at the restaurant right in my eye line :sob: but got to watch the whole thing today and thankfully not too much was spoiled for me!

2. Got my favourite Mexican food :heart:

3. Got to spend a little bit of time with my dear friend who it’s hard to connect schedules with :heart:

4. Finally moving into an apartment next month after living in a 200sqf trailer for the past 10 months :clap:t2:

5. This sounds so dumb, but not sure what else to put here :sweat_smile: (blocking out cuz low-key embarrassed to put this here lol) was recently reminded that my future husband is out there somewhere probably thinking of and praying for me (who he doesn’t know is me yet), maybe praying for patience and endurance while he’s waiting for us to meet, and for our future children and that thought just made me really excited and happy :relaxed: [name_m]Just[/name_m] so sweet to think about :two_hearts: It’s just wild to think that the person I’ll hopefully get to spend most of my life with is just … out there, going around living his life. Like…he exists somewhere. And I’m just over here, going around living my life. [name_m]Just[/name_m] weird to think we’re living without each other when someday we’ll be the biggest part of each other’s life

6 Likes

Your list is lovely!

I’m not feeling too optimistic, so this is a good challenge

1. I thought I had to work all day or at least the morning shift tomorrow, but it turns out I’m working the afternoon which means I don’t have to wake up at 5am!

2. my brother was getting rid of a shirt my mum had bought him that I’d always wanted myself, so now I have it and can wear it tomorrow

3. my new BBC Ghosts prints arrived and are now on my wall

4. I’m reading a good book?

5. the supermarket had the only yoghurt I’ll eat after it not being in stock for a week so i get that for breakfast tomorrow

I feel like those are quite unexciting :grin:

2 Likes

On the contrary! It’s the small things in life that add up to contentedness I find. Especially since we can’t control the big things much. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s a lovely thought, thinking of your future husband and father of your children out there, thinking of you. I wish I had thought of it that way prior to finding my husband as it would have been a great comfort!

1 Like

Number five isn’t dumb at all! I love thinking about the same thing!

2 Likes

[name_u]Ice[/name_u] dance! That is exciting and I love the outfits. I’ve never met anyone who did that before. The beauty of nameberry.

1 Like
  1. i found the library book i was looking for!
  2. i have plans to embroider a tote bag that i can use for school next year :grin:
  3. i started watching heartstopper on netflix and i still have six more episodes to see!
  4. i discovered a whole bunch of new music through an artist i like :notes:
  5. it’s nearly summertime!
3 Likes
  1. summer break! my last day is this tuesday
  2. being able to write and read a lot more
  3. getting my fifth shot of testosterone next tuesday
  4. planting some mini indoor plants this week
  5. space !! just, like, the concept of space excites me a lot :sob:
3 Likes
  1. [name_u]An[/name_u] orchid that I ‘fostered’ is doing very well and has a new shoot on it, so it may flower again in the future (I’d have pets if I was allowed in my current home - instead I’m a mad orchid lady).

2. Going to one of my jobs later. It has a satisfying routine and I miss it over the weekend!!

3. Making a Knights and Queens BNG - as an idea for what to do with a certain list of names I have been making.

4. [name_f]My[/name_f] son got into his first choice university so I’m excited for him to be able to do that in [name_u]September[/name_u].

5. Ordering my friend craft supplies for her birthday

2 Likes
  1. The countdown continues: less than 20 teaching days left before retirement!

2. I’ve decided the first thing I’m going to do on my first day of summer vacation/retirement is wash our clothes and hang them on my beautiful clothesline. I love laundry on a summer clothesline, swinging in the breeze. Reminds me of my Mom and grandmothers.

3. I ordered 8 or 9 summer tops which should be arriving soon.

4. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband and I are going to two beautiful plant nurseries this [name_m]Saturday[/name_m] and will stay home planting [name_f]Sunday[/name_f].

5. [name_f]My[/name_f] roses are resplendent this year. [name_m]Just[/name_m] amazing, like cake frosting!

3 Likes
  1. Double the time in my favourite class!
  2. Noodles for lunch!
  3. I can read my book
  4. [name_f]My[/name_f] essay due date was extended!
  5. I get to see my friends!
3 Likes
  1. Martial Arts tomorrow!!!
  2. Getting a new GORGEOUS party dress in the mail soon!
  3. Rollerblading with some friends on tomorrow morning as well.
  4. Completing an important chapter in my book.
  5. Same as @Futuremama :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :grin:
    Xx
2 Likes