Flora... fresh or dated?

I think we are going to use [name]Flora[/name] if our second is a girl. What are your thoughts? Also does it work with [name]Emery[/name] [name]Jane[/name]? What would your use in the middle? Some possibles we both like are [name]Flora[/name] [name]Mae[/name] and [name]Flora[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name].

Fresh! I like [name]Flora[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] with [name]Emery[/name] [name]Jane[/name]. I think it works really well with the very traditional mns, and the short and sweet fns. [name]Flora[/name] [name]Mae[/name] is a little too backwoods country for me. I’m from [name]Alabama[/name], so maybe I’m just sensitive to that style.

Thank you for the reply. I agree, [name]Flora[/name] [name]Mae[/name] is a bit country, but my husband liked it so I let him keep it on the list. I think we would most likely use [name]Elizabeth[/name] if we didn’t find something we liked better. Our other daughter goes by both first and middle and sometimes even just [name]Jane[/name]. I feel like she will grow into one of the names and it will all work out. [name]Both[/name] her names are family names, [name]Emery[/name] is her great grandmothers maiden name. [name]Flora[/name] is not a family name but [name]Elizabeth[/name] is strong name on both sides so I feel like it makes up for it :slight_smile:

[name]Flora[/name] is lovely and fresh. I think [name]Emery[/name] and [name]Flora[/name] make a fine duo. Although, I’m also from [name]Alabama[/name] and agree with the pp about [name]Flora[/name] [name]Mae[/name] sounding a little too backwoods. [name]Flora[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] is much better imo.

[name]Just[/name] had a thought… What about [name]Flora[/name] [name]Maeve[/name] instead of [name]Flora[/name] [name]Mae[/name]?

Oooh, I love [name]Flora[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]! Very fresh indeed. I find [name]Flora[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] hard to say. The vowels run together.

[name]Flora[/name] [name]Maeve[/name] is wonderful and I agree with you about [name]Flora[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] but if we really want a family name I think we may end up with [name]Elizabeth[/name] in the middle.

[name]Flora[/name] [name]Maeve[/name] is just beautiful (: I also like [name]Flora[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] and [name]Flora[/name] [name]Celeste[/name].

[name]Flora[/name] Josaphine is beautiful!

[name]Flora[/name] is in my top ten names, so definitely not dated. [name]Don[/name]'t know if you are into nns, but I very much prefer [name]Fleur[/name] to [name]Flo[/name] – which I think is still dated.

If [name]Elizabeth[/name] has a lot of family value, perhaps that is how you should go. (And I agree [name]Flora[/name] [name]Mae[/name] is a bit too country, and not in a good way.) But I also like:

[name]Flora[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Flora[/name] [name]June[/name]
[name]Flora[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Flora[/name] [name]Jessamine[/name]
[name]Flora[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name]

A family surname might be nice in there too, something like [name]Flora[/name] [name]Huntington[/name].

I’m obsessed with [name]Flora[/name] - I am convinced it is the perfect name if we have another daughter.

I love [name]Flora[/name] [name]Maeve[/name], and I agree that [name]Flora[/name] [name]Mae[/name] sounds too hick. [name]Flora[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] is lovely - especially with it having sentimental value.

some others
[name]Flora[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Flora[/name] [name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Flora[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Flora[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]

you really can’t go wrong.
abelle :slight_smile:

[name]Flora[/name] is lovely! Especially with a longer, vintage/classic middle name like [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Caroline[/name], [name]Felicity[/name], [name]Beatrice[/name]…I also liked [name]Maeve[/name], I think it’s growing on me. :smiley:

I love [name]Flora[/name]!! I think it sounds best with a middle name that begins with a consonant…

[name]Flora[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Flora[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Flora[/name] [name]Louise[/name]
[name]Flora[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name]

Thanks everyone. I am happy that you think [name]Flora[/name] goes well with our daughters name. I really wish [name]Flora[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] had some kind of family connections… ill have to really start digging to see! haha. [name]Flora[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] is still quite nice in my opinion. We find out next month what we are having so I will continue to update. We are pretty set that if it is a boy he will be [name]August[/name], [name]Conrad[/name] or [name]Byron[/name].

Please continue to suggest other middle names!