Flora June

I recently have started following Design Mom on Instagram. She and her family just moved to [name_f]France[/name_f] and are renovating a home. Her children have the cutest names: [name_f]Olive[/name_f], [name_m]Oscar[/name_m], [name_m]Ralph[/name_m], [name_f]Maude[/name_f], [name_f]Betty[/name_f] and [name_u]June[/name_u]. You should definitely follow her!

She just posted a week ago that [name_u]June[/name_u] goes by [name_f]Flora[/name_f] at school and [name_u]June[/name_u] at home. Her birth name is [name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u], so her mom refers to her as [name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u] on social media. She said that her daughter likes how the [name_u]French[/name_u] pronounce her name.

So few questions…

What do you think about the name [name_f]Flora[/name_f]?
What is the [name_u]French[/name_u] pronunciation of [name_f]Flora[/name_f]? I’m guessing [name_f]Fleur[/name_f]-ah.
[name_m]Can[/name_m] you see [name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u] as a sister for [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f], [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] or [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]?

*I know that [name_f]Flora[/name_f] is from Scottish origin so that’s why I was thinking to use it with [name_f]Maeve[/name_f].

Thanks berries!

[name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u] is the sweetest. [name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u] and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] sound like the cutest sisters. The names go so well together.

1 Like

[name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u] is super sweet. I really like [name_f]Flora[/name_f] but it does kind of make me think of bacteria (like gut flora). I think any of those names work well for a sister, but [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] is my favorite!

I love [name_f]Flora[/name_f]! The [name_u]French[/name_u] say it very similarly to how the [name_f]English[/name_f] do, just with a more gutteral R sound. That’s part of the appeal for me: it’s so international, despite not being too common.

[name_f]Flora[/name_f] and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] make for perfect sisters. Very sweet and sophisticated, with a British flair.

I wouldn’t use the middle names [name_u]June[/name_u] and [name_f]Jane[/name_f] for sisters, as they feel a bit too samey to me, but [name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u] and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] would make a gorgeous sister set! Maybe also [name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u] and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]?

2 Likes

[name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u] is lovely (as is [name_f]Betty[/name_f] from her other children’s names!). I think [name_f]Flora[/name_f] works wonderfully with the other first names you’ve listed, but I agree, [name_f]Jane[/name_f] and [name_u]June[/name_u] are too similar for sisters imo. Maybe [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]?

1 Like

[name_f]Fleur[/name_f] is the [name_u]French[/name_u] pronunciation of [name_f]Flora[/name_f]. (FYI) [name_f]Fleur[/name_f] is a name of a character from [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m]. [name_f]Fleur[/name_f] or [name_f]Flora[/name_f] are very pretty. [name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] flows nicely.

1 Like

[name_f]Flora[/name_f] is beautiful! It’s growing on me lately! I think it works with all of the girl names you listed!

1 Like

I love the name [name_f]Flora[/name_f]. I think it is fresh and unexpected while remaining simple and approachable–a tough balance to strike! [name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u] is darling, as are her other children’s names. I especially love seeing [name_f]Betty[/name_f] on a little one.

I think [name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u] & [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] sound prefect together. I know [name_u]June[/name_u] and [name_f]Jane[/name_f] sound very similar, but I don’t mind that in the middle. I can also easily picture [name_f]Flora[/name_f] & [name_f]Madeline[/name_f] and [name_f]Flora[/name_f] & [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] though.

1 Like

IMO [name_f]Flora[/name_f] is boring, I don’t know why, it’s normally something I’d like. I love [name_f]Florence[/name_f]. I honestly like [name_u]June[/name_u] [name_f]Flora[/name_f], [name_u]June[/name_u] [name_f]Florence[/name_f], or [name_f]Florence[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u] better. [name_u]June[/name_u] is so beautiful, less frilly, and underused.

I like [name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u] and [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]. I love both [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] and [name_f]Maeve[/name_f].

I think [name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u] is lovely! It might be a bit too sweet for me personally, but it’s very endearing. I think she works perfectly with the sibling possibilities.

Her kids have such fantastic names! I adore [name_f]Olive[/name_f], [name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u] and [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] especially. [name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u] goes with all three of your names although my favourite with it is [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]. Something like [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u] or [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] would be beautiful with [name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u].

[name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u] is very pretty.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and positive comments about [name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]. It’s going on my list :blush: I was afraid [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] was too close with [name_u]June[/name_u], so if anyone has suggestions for a cute middle name for [name_f]Eliza[/name_f], I will take care them!