Flora May

Our sweet and strong [name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f] was born on 17th of Oct via emergency c-section after 30 hours of labour at home and 10 hours in the hospital.

Unfortunately she developed a severe case of Meconium Aspiration Syndrome and was put on a ventilator on [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] night. She has just been taken off the ventilator and put on oxygen on the 22nd as she makes promising progress to being able to go home.

She carries both our surnames which feels right and she suits her name to a tee despite it being picked our months before she was born. Everyone who attends her in hospital comments on her name and we feel very lucky to have come across something so beautiful yet so rarely used (sure to change soon). We can claim subtle honour for my grandmother whose name has a similar meaning. [name_f]May[/name_f] is my MILs middle name which honours her maternal line of Margarets. It is also a diminutive of [name_f]Mary[/name_f] which honours my paternal grandmother’s line.

Mum and dad are smitten and feel so very lucky despite the circumstances.

69 Likes

Congratulations! What a beautiful name! [name_u]Happy[/name_u] for you that it seems to be a perfect fit! Keeping your family in my thoughts as [name_f]Flora[/name_f] recovers and eventually goes home! :cherry_blossom:

1 Like

awe congratulations! such a beautiful name for such a beautiful girl!

hope everything goes well and she gets better really fast!

1 Like

Congratulations! Cute baby and cute name :two_hearts: I hope she’s able to come home as soon as possible, what a strong fighter you have

1 Like

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] [name_f]Flora[/name_f], welcome to the world! What a beautiful name. I’m so glad to hear she arrived! I’ve been thinking of you and your pregnancy lately. I’m sure she’s a fighter!

1 Like

Gorgeous name for a gorgeous girl! She’s so sweet!

1 Like

congratulations! hoping for a safe and quick recovery!

1 Like

Congratulations! [name_f]Beautiful[/name_f] Name!

1 Like

Well she is just the most gorgeous sweetheart! Her name is absolutely beautiful. I love Flora and May, and put together they are perfection. Congratulations on your angel xx may she recover swiftly!

1 Like

Congratulations on your daughter and all the progress she’s made in these circumstance. Her name is lovely and hidden with meaning.

1 Like

Congratulations!! Both she and her name are beautiful :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

[name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f] is absolutely delightful - congratulations :heart:

Wishing her well and I hope you get her home soon!

1 Like

Sweet little [name_f]Flora[/name_f] and her name are both so beautiful :sunflower: I’m so glad to hear she’s doing better, sending continuing good thoughts for a full and speedy recovery for you both.

I love that you gave her your surname too; both for the family tie and because it’s a fabulous name that it would have been a real shame not to pass on!

1 Like

Congratulations on the arrival of your baby girl! She’s beautiful, and her name is just perfect. I’m sorry she had such a difficult start, but I’m glad to see she’s doing better. I hope you get to take her home very soon.

2 Likes

Wishing [name_f]Flora[/name_f] a quick recovery so you can go home and enjoy her and her beautiful name!!!

1 Like

what a gorgeous name… congratulations! :blush: :cherry_blossom:

1 Like

Oh, congratulations! I’m so happy to hear that you have your [name_f]Flora[/name_f]. I’m praying for healing for both of you! :heart:

2 Likes

Congratulations on the birth of your sweet [name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_f]May[/name_f]! :tulip::blossom:

1 Like

she’s such a cutie pie and her name is gorgeous! congratulations and sending all my well wishes :heartbeat:

1 Like

Congratulations! [name_f]Welcome[/name_f] to the world beautiful [name_f]Flora[/name_f]!

1 Like