Flordeperia

Opinions on using this Spanish name which apparently means pearl flower?

Hmmm… I know some basic Spanish and if I recall correctly flor means “flower” and perla means “pearl” so I don’t think this name is really Spanish. In any case Flordeperia is a mouthful and I’m not sure which syllable to stress. I prefer [name_f]Flora[/name_f]. I’d also suggest [name_f]Florentina[/name_f] if you’re looking for a more elaborate Spanish floral name.

[name_f]Pearl[/name_f] flower in Spanish would be “flor de perLa”.

Thank you @lumen and @amberdaydream! Flordeperla vs. Flordeperia is the answer I needed. I do love the alternate [name_u]Florentine[/name_u] :).

Flordeperla is pretty. It reminds me of [name_f]Fleur[/name_f]-de-lys/Fiordiligi/Fiordelisa.

You might also like Florisdelfa (a name from Arthurian romance, possibly coined from Latin flos “flower” + Greek adelphe “sister”), Perlascura (Italian for “dark pearl”), or [name_f]Perlezenn[/name_f] (Breton for “pearl”). Oh and there’s also Peristera, a Greek name meaning “dove” or “pigeon.” :slight_smile:

I’m really not a fan, it seems a little bit too far out there for my tastes. I’m also not entirely sure how to pronounce it either.

Yep, lumen and amberdaydream are right about [name_f]Perla[/name_f]. You might like [name_f]Florencia[/name_f], the Spanish version of [name_f]Florence[/name_f]? Emphasis on the second syllable. I knew a little [name_m]Florencio[/name_m] and he was just the cutest.

Thank you all sincerely!

@tanaquil - Fleurdelis is a brilliant word name suggestion for it’s thoroughly lovely and elegant sound.