Florence and ..........?

Not expecting or TTC, just collecting/planning!

One of my long time loves is [name_f]Florence[/name_f], and S/O also really likes it (much to my surprise!). We love the sweetness of its sound, and the fact that [name_f]Florence[/name_f] has a few adorable nicknames ([name_f]Florrie[/name_f], [name_f]Flossie[/name_f]).

To me, [name_f]Florence[/name_f] feels dainty, sweet and fresh, but I’m not sure which other girls names from my list match her sweetness.

Other names on the list;

Sophie
Elsie
Daisy
Ruby
Scarlett
Millie
Imogen
Maisie
Lola
Lottie
Georgia
Orla
Esmae
Annie
Betsy
Tilly
Polly
Nellie
Sienna
Alice
Poppy
Emma
Amelia
Pixie
Effie
Tallulah
Josie
Minnie
Dottie
Billie
Honey
Sunday
Susie

We can’t use [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f], [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] or [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] as far as lengthening some of our nicknamey choices goes, and we do really prefer just the nickname for most of these!

Which ones would you say match the sweet, dainty, fresh vibe?

Thank you!

I think these go best with [name_f]Florence[/name_f]:

Elsie
[name_f]Annie[/name_f]
[name_f]Betsy[/name_f]
[name_f]Polly[/name_f]
[name_f]Nellie[/name_f]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Effie[/name_f]
[name_u]Josie[/name_u]
[name_f]Susie[/name_f]

I knew twins called [name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f] so to me they match perfectly!

I also think [name_f]Daisy[/name_f], [name_f]Imogen[/name_f], [name_f]Georgia[/name_f], [name_f]Polly[/name_f] and [name_f]Annie[/name_f] fit well with [name_f]Florence[/name_f]

1 Like

I think they all work but I especially like [name_f]Nellie[/name_f], [name_f]Millie[/name_f], [name_f]Alice[/name_f] or [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] with [name_f]Florence[/name_f].

I like [name_f]Millie[/name_f], [name_f]Tilly[/name_f], [name_u]Billie[/name_u], [name_f]Dottie[/name_f], [name_f]Amelia[/name_f], [name_f]Annie[/name_f], [name_f]Minnie[/name_f], [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] & [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] from your list.

Might I also add [name_f]Lillian[/name_f], [name_f]Theodora[/name_f], [name_f]Inez[/name_f], [name_f]Alma[/name_f] and [name_f]Naomi[/name_f]?

I think [name_f]Elsie[/name_f], [name_f]Imogen[/name_f], and [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] go the best from your (wonderful) list.

Florence and…
[name_f]Sophie[/name_f]
[name_f]Imogen[/name_f]
[name_f]Betsy[/name_f]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Elsie[/name_f]

As for sweet, dainty, and fresh, the ones that best match that for me are:
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
[name_f]Poppy[/name_f]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Susie[/name_f]
[name_f]Annie[/name_f]
[name_f]Elsie[/name_f]

What about [name_f]Elsbeth[/name_f] as a longer name?

Dainty, sweet, and fresh:
[name_f]Elsie[/name_f]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
[name_f]Millie[/name_f]
[name_f]Betsy[/name_f]
[name_f]Polly[/name_f]
[name_f]Nellie[/name_f]
[name_u]Josie[/name_u]

All of thise give me that feel and would sound absolutelt adorable with [name_f]Florence[/name_f] – especially [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] and [name_f]Millie[/name_f]!

Really, though, I think most of the names on your list would work with [name_f]Florence[/name_f].

So I think [name_f]Florence[/name_f] is a great fit for you! I think it would fit a daughter of yours perfectly.

With [name_f]Florence[/name_f], I really like:
[name_f]Elsie[/name_f]
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_f]Georgia[/name_f]
[name_f]Esmae[/name_f]
[name_f]Betsy[/name_f]
[name_f]Polly[/name_f]
[name_f]Nellie[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelia[/name_f]
[name_u]Josie[/name_u]
[name_f]Dottie[/name_f]

I love [name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] together

I like: [name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_f]Sophie[/name_f], [name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_f]Imogen[/name_f], [name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_f]Georgia[/name_f], and [name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_f]Sienna[/name_f]. What about [name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_f]Vienna[/name_f]? Or [name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_f]Siena[/name_f] because they’re both Italian cities?

I love to see [name_f]Florence[/name_f] with [name_f]Daisy[/name_f], [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f], [name_f]Georgia[/name_f], [name_f]Sienna[/name_f], [name_f]Alice[/name_f], [name_f]Emma[/name_f] and [name_f]Amelia[/name_f].

I love [name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_f]Lottie[/name_f] together

[name_f]Imogen[/name_f] stands out to me as the best match. Complete flowy romantic version that shortens to cute nickname.
[name_f]Flossie[/name_f] & Im
[name_f]Immy[/name_f] & [name_f]Floss[/name_f] :heart:

1 Like

[name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f] are spectacular!:star_struck:
from your list I think [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f], [name_f]Poppy[/name_f], [name_f]Amelia[/name_f], and [name_f]Esmae[/name_f] sound lovely with [name_f]Florence[/name_f]
I personally love [name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_f]Rosa[/name_f] :rose:

I love [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] with [name_f]Florence[/name_f]!

Florence and [name_f]Millicent[/name_f]
[name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_f]Abigail[/name_f]
[name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_f]Georgette[/name_f]
[name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_f]Jemima[/name_f]
[name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_f]Isabella[/name_f]
[name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f]
[name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_f]Arabella[/name_f]
[name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_f]Saffron[/name_f]
[name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_f]Cecelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_f]Sophia[/name_f]
[name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_f]Juliette[/name_f]
[name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_u]Vivian[/name_u]
[name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_f]Francesca[/name_f]

From your list…

Florence and [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_f]Lottie[/name_f]
[name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_f]Orla[/name_f]
[name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_f]Betsy[/name_f]
[name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_f]Nellie[/name_f]
[name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_f]Effie[/name_f]
[name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_f]Sunday[/name_f]

So I’d choose another β€œfull name” to go with [name_f]Florence[/name_f] rather than the more β€œnickname-y” names as [name_f]Florence[/name_f] feels sort of solid and classic- not short and cutesy like [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] or [name_f]Polly[/name_f].
I would choose of your names:
[name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_f]Esmae[/name_f]
[name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_f]Amelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_f]Imogen[/name_f]

Then I would go with the full names of some of you nicknames-
[name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] β€œ[name_f]Betsy[/name_f]”/β€œ[name_f]Elsie[/name_f]”
[name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] β€œ[name_f]Nellie[/name_f]”
[name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] β€œ[name_f]Nellie[/name_f]”
[name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_f]Elise[/name_f] β€œ[name_f]Elsie[/name_f]”
[name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_f]Elspeth[/name_f] β€œ[name_f]Elsie[/name_f]”
[name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] β€œ[name_f]Tilly[/name_f]”
[name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_u]Romilly[/name_u] β€œ[name_f]Millie[/name_f]”
[name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_f]Millicent[/name_f] β€œ[name_f]Millie[/name_f]”
[name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] β€œ[name_f]Lottie[/name_f]”
[name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] β€œ[name_u]Josie[/name_u]”
[name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] β€œ[name_f]Dottie[/name_f]”
[name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f] β€œ[name_u]Billie[/name_u]”
[name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_f]Susannah[/name_f] β€œ[name_f]Susie[/name_f]”
[name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_f]Ethel[/name_f] β€œ[name_f]Effie[/name_f]”
[name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_f]Euphemia[/name_f] β€œ[name_f]Effie[/name_f]”

I think [name_f]Florence[/name_f] needs a sister with a long and elegant name. [name_f]Annabeth[/name_f] or [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] would be my choices.