Florian vs Jack

If 4 is a boy, my top two are [name_u]Florian[/name_u] [name_m]John[/name_m] (or [name_m]Jack[/name_m]), and [name_m]Jack[/name_m] Sophrony (Name with personal significance/saint name.)

So what are your thoughts for these two? [name_m]How[/name_m] do they fit as a set? Girl names include, [name_f]Brigid[/name_f], [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] or [name_f]Marina[/name_f].

Thanks!

As a name, I prefer [name_u]Florian[/name_u]. But [name_m]Jack[/name_m] has that same playful, outdoorsy vibe as your other boys. [name_u]Florian[/name_u]’s a little too soft and elegant here imo.

Sophrony is interesting, I’ve never heard it before! I think the familiar and simple [name_m]Jack[/name_m] works well paired with it.

1 Like

Jack feels right with your boys! Lively and charming

This is tough because I like both names with your boys! I do agree with pp that [name_u]Florian[/name_u] has a softer feel to it and [name_m]Jack[/name_m] feels more outdoorsy and fun.
Hmm…I guess I’m going to go with [name_m]Jack[/name_m] Sophrony. I like that it has a different ending so that [name_u]Wilder[/name_u] doesn’t seem left out. And I like the unusual middle name that makes [name_m]Jack[/name_m] feel special.
Having said that, I love the name [name_u]Florian[/name_u] and it is much less popular than [name_m]Jack[/name_m] if popularity is a concern for you.
I know this doesn’t help much but you really can’t go wrong here. :blush:

1 Like

I’m casting a vote for [name_u]Florian[/name_u]. It’s a much more interesting choice than [name_m]Jack[/name_m] and shares the softer sounds/vibe of [name_u]Emerson[/name_u], [name_u]Wilder[/name_u], and [name_u]Rowan[/name_u].

1 Like

Jack

I love [name_u]Florian[/name_u], so I have to lend my vote to that as ultimately it’s my favourite first name.

I agree it has a slightly different vibe from your current boys’ names (more soft and stately), but I think [name_m]Jack[/name_m] does too (shorter and more popular).

BUT… [name_m]Jack[/name_m] Sophrony! :heart_eyes: What an amazing combo.

3 Likes

[quote=“[name_f]Gia[/name_f].berry, post:2, topic:340405”]
Jack has that same playful, outdoorsy vibe as your other boys. Florian’s a little too soft and elegant here imo.
[/quote]

This is just what I was thinking!

Though I also agree with others that are saying ‘[name_u]Florian[/name_u] is more interesting’ and ‘[name_m]Jack[/name_m] is shorter and more popular’. Still, I do think I’d go with [name_m]Jack[/name_m]. It sounds great with your other boys’ names even so.

1 Like

Thanks so much. These comments are actually very helpful :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I prefer [name_m]Jack[/name_m] but each of the boys names are actually unisex making [name_u]Florian[/name_u] the more sensible choice. [name_m]Jack[/name_m] is almost too masculine to blend well.

1 Like

I love [name_u]Florian[/name_u] with your boys’ names! It reminds me of nature and freedom. [name_u]Florian[/name_u] sounds fun and energetic just like your oldest boys’ names do. This name is really unexpected and really sweet.
[name_m]Jack[/name_m] Sophrony is really cool and adventurous! I do prefer [name_m]Jack[/name_m] Sophrony to [name_u]Florian[/name_u] [name_m]John[/name_m] (or [name_m]Jack[/name_m]). I was going to suggest [name_u]Florian[/name_u] Sophrony, but it doesn’t sounds as good as [name_m]Jack[/name_m] Sophrony.

So, I guess my vote today goes to [name_m]Jack[/name_m]!

1 Like

Florian goes perfectly with your boys names! Uncommon, yet familiar. full of nature vibes. handsome, brave, adventurous. It is softer than [name_m]Jack[/name_m], but I think all of your boys names are strong with a hint of softness. so I think [name_u]Florian[/name_u] fits in perfectly! I love it!!
[name_m]Jack[/name_m] also goes really nicely with your boys names, I do think its a bit more common and plain compared to E, W, & R though!

(also [name_u]Florian[/name_u] [name_m]John[/name_m] is nice, but I love [name_u]Florian[/name_u] [name_m]Jack[/name_m] so much!!)

1 Like

I also think that [name_u]Florian[/name_u] fits in with the other boys stylistically. [name_u]Florian[/name_u] [name_m]Jack[/name_m] is a very handsome combo. [name_m]Jack[/name_m] as a first name is just too popular and seems out of place with [name_u]Emerson[/name_u], [name_u]Wilder[/name_u] and [name_u]Rowan[/name_u]. Plus, I like that [name_u]Emerson[/name_u] and [name_u]Florian[/name_u] both have three syllables and [name_u]Wilder[/name_u] and [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] have two.

2 Likes

I much prefer [name_m]Jack[/name_m], both in general and with your other boys’ names!

Jack really sounds great with the rest of your boys.

I prefer [name_m]Jack[/name_m]. I think it sounds better with your boys- both phonetically & stylistically. [name_u]Florian[/name_u] & [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] with same --an sound would bug me. But it is a nice name if you love it.

Florian and [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] sound too similar imo. And even though [name_m]Jack[/name_m] is quite popular, [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] is also (although not as) popular. I actually know more Rowans (3) than Jacks (1).
[name_m]Jack[/name_m] has the same energy as your other boys’ names whereas [name_u]Florian[/name_u] is a little too soft. I can’t really imagine a boy called [name_u]Florian[/name_u] tbh

Sylvia & [name_m]Jack[/name_m] get my vote

Thanks everyone! [name_m]Ah[/name_m] this is such a hard choice, I hope we get lucky with twin boys so I can use them both haha.

3 Likes